Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 21 of 23«<1920212223>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/3/2014 10:30:31   
Gorillo Titan

I personally would like to see sever AQ characters in OS with new templates that actually go with them though.

How does AQ get its volunteers maybe OS could get them the same way?

After what happened last night on AQW might just give up on all AE games.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 7/3/2014 10:37:45 >
Post #: 501
7/3/2014 10:50:35   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

The learning curve for me to help at all would be very steep. I would love to help out but I doubt AE would want me to and whats more I doubt the community would want me to.

I for my part would be more than delighted to see you on the OverSoul staff as a coder and if possible as a storyteller, for the writing and plot lines you worked on for AQ classic are the best that any AE game has seen and OverSoul still has no plot. This would also draw the attention of AQ classic regulars who would very likely be more enthusiastic about OS if they knew you were working on it.

As for the community, I generally try to avoid speaking for others but feel an exception is called for here as I'm confident that they'd prefer any help to none at all and a dead game. AE on the other hand I really can't speak for.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 502
7/3/2014 10:53:50   
megakyle777

quote:

The learning curve for me to help at all would be very steep. I would love to help out but I doubt AE would want me to and whats more I doubt the community would want me to.

I agree with The Finnish Phoenix. Any help is better then no help at all man.
DF  Post #: 503
7/3/2014 10:55:10   
Gorillo Titan

Why wouldn't the community want you to help, its like 43 people jk In all seriousness I rather have a DF or AQ person work on OS then AQW since they'll be taken away like a week later.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 7/3/2014 10:58:15 >
Post #: 504
7/3/2014 21:53:45   
DidYouKnowThat

Lel. I guess it is quite difficult to explain as of right now. Couldn't find the right words. Haha.
Either way, I still think that a game isn't strategy if its releases revolve around characters only. I find that bland, and indirect to what the game is supposed to be about. I think, strategy, no? Of course it was also meant to have good artwork, animation, etc. but I think that part was already successfully implemented quite some time ago.
Oversoul currently revolves around just art and characters. Stopped focusing on gameplay updates long ago I guess.

Anywho. Eh. Not a surprise that we can't get coders.
However, coders will still be nonetheless working on Oversoul. So, if they wanted to implement gameplay features and/or storyline,
couldn't they instead of working on characters, slowly work on features/storyline? It wouldn't be asking for anymore MORE than what we're getting right now. Lel.

Though the question still has to be answered on, if they were to do that, how long would it take. Obviously if it'd take too long then it won't be worth it.

But I think that idea which I propose may be able to accomplish both; it could let coders work on Oversoul, and it wouldn't stop AE's progress of producing new games.
'Cause we all know Oversoul would never get any full-time coders. Lel.

"Now as to the questions that are unanswered. The simple fact is that there are not really simple answers to the questions being posed."

But will they stay unanswered? I see no reason why to not answer them when . . .well the majority of them are those kinds of questions, right?
Though then again, that dang NDA. Haha.

Though then again Nulgath did say he'll try his best to answer them. Lets just hope he doesn't go back on his word and, once this thread hits 30 pages, boom, gone, cya.

Post #: 505
7/4/2014 13:10:50   
Gorillo Titan

Thinking about it and wouldn't bash and thrash demotivate people from getting black dragon if they could get a cheaper character with just as good a deck?

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 10/4/2014 9:34:22 >
Post #: 506
7/4/2014 16:42:53   
The Finnish Phoenix

They should really just make new package chars as an incentive to get players to buy more SG's, AQ and AQW often update their packages and OS should do the same. It would also mean we would likely get some very strong new characters, and so far this year only Tyrant Moose and the winners of the suggestion contest have threatened to top their respective elements, and none of those cost SG's.

If OS were following AQ's formula, Black Dragon would have gone the way of the Terror Set (part of a $50 package and now totally obsolete). Power creep generates income. F2P characters should get better too, but with delays after the SG characters break new ground. That's why decks like Godzirra's are a problem when it isn't any better than Evil Jim and costs as many SG's and significantly more time to get.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 507
7/4/2014 23:51:39   
Gorillo Titan

I just got a great idea a super promo with the chaos lords as the prizes every 50 or so sgs get a new chaos lord or maybe do one chaos lord and there beast sepereratly. How about it?

Also having runes deal with rarity is kind of dumb since character encounter rates go up when they add more stuff he would need to change runes every so often to keep it relevant.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 10/4/2014 9:33:57 >
Post #: 508
7/5/2014 5:48:03   
Megadragonknight

Not a bad idea but it depend if Warlic can finally solve the coding in Chaos's ability so it can be release in OS. Hopefully asap.

I support the idea of new Promo character. Replace Void Reaper and Black Dragon with another 2 new character(preferably Gold Dragon and another character) with unique animations and deck. That the least Nulgath ought to do so it can at least attract player attraction.
Post #: 509
7/5/2014 8:56:35   
Hondars

What about Advertise Oversoul page on facebook so u can get more people? or Make the most active player in oversoul in the week gets 5 SoulGems so u can get more players on Oversoul

< Message edited by Hondars -- 7/5/2014 9:01:40 >
Post #: 510
7/5/2014 9:47:24   
Gorillo Titan

@Hondars I don't really need 5 free sgs every week though. lol

@mega The chaos thing can't be that hard they can use some of the code that gives you a random chance of being stunned and getting a dot from 3 hit combo on the random characters but this all goes back to the not making enough money to be bothered to do it though.

OS needs to get houses when you get the time.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 7/5/2014 13:00:01 >
Post #: 511
7/7/2014 17:59:18   
the warden

hope he gets around to answering some of these sigh...
Maybe after aqw is done its chaos finale stuff it will get more help?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 512
7/8/2014 20:12:27   
Gorillo Titan

Someone said the idea of being able to make your own characters could bring more people into playing OS.
Post #: 513
7/9/2014 4:47:05   
Nulgaths Void

glitch really really annoying glich and i cant access the glitch posting place so this is the best place i can find

click me
AQW  Post #: 514
7/10/2014 15:52:05   
Gorillo Titan

How about taking are feedback on which AE characters the community wants brought to OS?

Characters from other games like DF AQ MQ WF HS.
Post #: 515
7/10/2014 16:31:32   
The Finnish Phoenix

Characters from HS would be interesting. xD

Would love to see some Mechs here though.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 516
7/10/2014 16:48:11   
Vagaran

I agree with TFP, having some Mecha characters could be nice.

Maybe some of the Betrayal Blade from AQW aswell and who knows, Mini Carnax?
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 517
7/11/2014 0:06:17   
Gorillo Titan

Hoow about being able to spend sgs to capture a character at the form your are fighting instead of getting it as an apprentince?
Post #: 518
7/11/2014 17:14:58   
The Finnish Phoenix

Certain characters are captureable at Legendary, that's enough already considering the time it takes to Level to 20.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 7/11/2014 17:15:24 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 519
7/11/2014 17:22:11   
Gorillo Titan

10 sgs to capture templar instead of spending times to rank it up for the lazy players.

Several pics released today hinting at the new AE game that hasn't been announced yet.

On a different note Nulgath working on a new game and it being confirmed means pretty good chance we can get some of the characters from it added to OS.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 7/11/2014 17:31:43 >
Post #: 520
7/19/2014 15:48:09   
ridicule

Can someone tell me if you lose the custom cards you purchase when it switches decks? I only keep my shadow equiped if i am using my shadow characters. Could i lose them if they are not equiped when it switches?
Post #: 521
7/19/2014 15:56:07   
The Finnish Phoenix

^No fortunately you don't lose them, the custom cards you get stay available to you forever.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 522
7/19/2014 15:57:14   
ridicule

Awesome thanks for the fast reply i was about to be pissed

Edit: Also would you know which set will be up next? i really need light cards lol.
Post #: 523
7/19/2014 16:29:35   
Gorillo Titan

Next week I think.
Post #: 524
7/19/2014 17:50:40   
ridicule

does it reset on monday?
Post #: 525
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 21 of 23«<1920212223>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition