Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 3 of 23«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/4/2014 4:33:14   
The Jop

The playerbase can't really get that much worse. There's still a consistent 30-50 players whether or not the game gets releases. The priority should be to get all the gameplay features in-game, since that is what will really bring in players, not more character releases. You can see that now a character release only gets about 20 more people playing, but a lot more people will play once Oversoul is a proper game like Nulgath and his fellow staff members intended.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
6/4/2014 4:38:10   
Lemonus

They could always give us a heads up if they're going to delay releases for a much bigger one so excitement could replace impatience.
DF AQW  Post #: 52
6/4/2014 5:19:09   
megakyle777

Either way, I'll reiterate:

Nulgath, we will do whatever we can to help Oversoul. Just tell us what we need to do. We will get more people in, make our sigs ask for help in Oversoul. We can hold a tuornament in game or get the other staff to advertise it. Tell us what we need to do to help get OS get back to life and we will do it, because I'm not giving up on this game and while some of us may disagree on what needs to be done, I'm sure everyone who has posted so far agress they won't give up on OS either.

Also, one more thing:

quote:

I truly believe Oversoul could have been a great success. Warlic and Rolith also believed in this project and we're proud of the achievements we did have. We put our heart and soul into it and it still failed, it makes me sad. OS isn't a completed game, it's not where it should have been. All I can say is I'm sorry I couldn't get the game finished for you players. You deserve better.

Nulgath, Warlic, Rolith, you have NOT failed us. You will NEVER fail us until the day you give up on this game.

When I look at a NPC in AE, I see facets of their creators. When I look at Nulgath however I don't see evil in you, the maker of OS. I see a sort of villainous version of the Heroic Resolve that keeps heroes going long after they should have been put down and seeks to put that in his followers. In the old Miltonious I also see the cunning and intelligence to make something like this happen rather then though pure strength. I see that in Nulgath and Miltonius, and I see that in you. OS is NOT over yet. Rise from the ashes like a Archfiendish Phoenix.

If you thought OS is dead, it is not. We will support it, we will aid you in coming up with plans to support it. We will NOT let this game die.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 6/4/2014 6:57:48 >

DF  Post #: 53
6/4/2014 6:31:42   
LigerBeard

How about possibly a seasonal character suggestion contest. That would possibly drive more attention to OS from the artist community at least, and would certainly spice up the character suggestion forums. But that's just a suggestion.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
6/4/2014 7:01:59   
megakyle777

I suggested a 3 part Combo of a OS Grand Tournament with a NPC as the prize (And OS DOES have to code to run a small one since we held one before in game), A Character Creation Contest and a Design a Oversoul Relese Contest. Do those things, and advertise them across ALL AE GAMES, and we can get this up again.
DF  Post #: 55
6/4/2014 7:48:04   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

The best you can do right now is to open the Game up a bit more. What you've lost in resources, the community will make up in sheer numbers. Advertise extensively, put up references in the other games.

Hold more competitions, put more Player Content In-Game, let players suggest some storylines and characters via Contests. Give them some prizes across all or most games to increase forum-wide player participation. We're all willing to pool in and get OverSoul up and before you know it, the game'll be up and soaring in the sky.

If you need Flash material or concept art, my services are always available. :)

Good Luck.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 56
6/4/2014 7:51:29   
Trollok!!!

Well Artix has a YouTube channel; he could make a video explaining Oversoul's situation and maybe do a Kickstarter sort of thing (Better yet, it could be Nulgath explaining it). Or if they want to start small, maybe just do an Oversoul ad to help generate interest. The beauty of it is they don't even have to make their own, they can take a player suggestion and just feature it on their channel and the Artix.com website to generate more interest.

Once the financial issue is somewhat abated they can focus on bringing in more coders and pumping out more game features.

< Message edited by Trollok!!! -- 6/4/2014 7:52:32 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
6/4/2014 7:53:54   
megakyle777

quote:

The best you can do right now is to open the Game up a bit more. What you've lost in resources, the community will make up in sheer numbers. Advertise extensively, put up references in the other games.

Hold more competitions, put more Player Content In-Game, let players suggest some storylines and characters via Contests. Give them some prizes across all or most games to increase forum-wide player participation. We're all willing to pool in and get OverSoul up and before you know it, the game'll be up and soaring in the sky.

If you need Flash material or concept art, my services are always available. :)

Good Luck.

This pretty much, except in my case replace Flash material and concept art with story stuff, character ideas, bios, diaries ETC

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 6/4/2014 7:55:04 >
DF  Post #: 58
6/4/2014 7:59:45   
Blackshock

A kickstarter? I definitely like the sound of that. If anything, we could even intice people by having the biggest contributors have NPCs named and possibly designed in their honor.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 59
6/4/2014 8:10:56   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

@blackshock, I am not too sure that openly giving out NPC Status to forumites will be good in the long run as it might result in some big complications later on. If it's as a contest prize then that might be good.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 60
6/4/2014 8:14:25   
Blackshock

Well if anything, that's one way some game devs reward big contributors over kickstarter, besides more game perks. Think of it as a big thank you of sorts.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 61
6/4/2014 8:15:38   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

quote:

game devs reward big contributors over kickstarter

Yeah, that's perfectly understandable. :)
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 62
6/4/2014 8:48:26   
Mondez

This news is very disheartening to Oversoul's future. If we can get a dedicated coder to the team then we can get features out and the playerbase to rise. Kickstarter is very good way to advertise Oversoul and if Nulgath agrees then the funds towards development can increase with a rise in the playerbase.

Advertising OS more is a sure fire way to get everything to start up again. One should not fall down and stay down, but to get up and keep on moving.

@Nulgath
Do not give up the fight yet because there is a playerbase still here waiting for a major update. Bring the ideas to Artix and see if anything can be done. We don't want the game to become stalled and left to rot, just pick it back up and continue walking with it.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
6/4/2014 9:08:23   
megakyle777

quote:

Do not give up the fight yet because there is a playerbase still here waiting for a major update. Bring the ideas to Artix and see if anything can be done. We don't want the game to become stalled and left to rot, just pick it back up and continue walking with it.

I agree with this.

Personally, I'm also of the opinion that something should also be done for the other AE games that have been left by the wayside while we are at it. For example Blackshock and I were once a big part of the HS community. But I think that should be saved for another thread, one to be made in AEGD by a better thread maker then I.

Kickstarter is not a bad idea, but it has it's flaws.

DF  Post #: 64
6/4/2014 9:37:43   
Gorillo Titan

Maybe put a few second commercial on Cartoon Network if you still have contacts there.
Post #: 65
6/4/2014 9:42:57   
Lemonus

I doubt they're gonna let him do that, nor would he want to.

@v
That was Kyle, not me.

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 6/4/2014 9:59:24 >
DF AQW  Post #: 66
6/4/2014 9:49:23   
Gorillo Titan

I thought you said there was no bad ideas?
Post #: 67
6/4/2014 9:52:19   
Trollok!!!

No idea is bad but we have to consider the feasibility. You'd need to pay Cartoon Network to host an ad and Nulgath could just end up losing more money trying to get an ad slot than he generates. I'd say YouTube and Artix's own webpages would be best for promotion since we have a pretty tight-knit community here.

In any case, I'm glad to see everyone is working to find a solution to keep Oversoul alive. It's sad to see how disheartened Nulgath seems but hopefully we can inspire him :)

< Message edited by Trollok!!! -- 6/4/2014 9:57:26 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
6/4/2014 9:56:07   
The Finnish Phoenix

Yeah. We love you Nulgath!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 69
6/4/2014 9:57:18   
Gorillo Titan

I wonder why they wouldn't let him say anything about the problems the game for so long it would of been easier to fix it sooner rather than later.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 6/4/2014 10:26:47 >
Post #: 70
6/4/2014 10:01:04   
Lemonus

^I'm sure we'll get an answer for that. Sooner or later. Milton's answer in the original post will suffice for now.

Considering OS is also directed at a more mature audience, Milton wouldn't really want to go on CN and rework OS for a younger audience.

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 6/4/2014 10:04:44 >
DF AQW  Post #: 71
6/4/2014 10:02:56   
Trollok!!!

quote:

First of all, I want to apologize for not explaining things sooner but I wasn't at liberty to do so. But now it seems to be okay so I'll try to explain as best I can and will answer as many questions as I can. I also want to say I appreciate your support of my work and game Oversoul.

@Gorillo: Artix Entertainment is a company so a disclosure like this probably had to be carefully considered since it does delve into sensitive company information. And I think there was the matter of Nulgath being unable to log into the forums as well. But it's good that we know now and fixing a problem late is better than never having an opportunity to fix it at all.

< Message edited by Trollok!!! -- 6/4/2014 10:35:10 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
6/4/2014 10:03:54   
The Jop

Yes, don't lose hope, Nulgath! This is your passion project and we are all with you 100%! We'll do whatever it takes to make Oversoul a success! It's not over until we give up the fight!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
6/4/2014 10:06:24   
Lemonus

Let me just quote the Founders' motivational line:
quote:

For honor, I preserve the Realm of Oversoul!

Let this be our inspirational quote.

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 6/4/2014 10:08:09 >
DF AQW  Post #: 74
6/4/2014 10:09:32   
megakyle777

We will support you and this game man!

Although I find it funny how this thread was supposed to be asking questions to Nulgath and it's turned into us pretty much annoucing how we will support Nulgath and this game in this dark time. God I love this community.
DF  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 3 of 23«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition