Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Help with the IRC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [AE Forum Resources] >> Forum Support and Suggestions >> Help with the IRC
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/1/2014 18:33:51   
VoxxSkies

I am using hex chat and I followed the instructions for registering my nickname but I have not received an email with the conformation code. Does anyone know why this is or how to fix it. I tried to register again and it said I had already registered but it would not let me into one of the official rooms.
Post #: 1
7/2/2014 10:16:44   
SMGS

I tried this, it seems you no longer get a confirmation code by e-mail, despite having to provide one. Typing the following is a valid registration which allows you to enter #battleon and #yulgarsinn.

/ns register <Password> <Email>

If you've already registered, make sure you're actually logged in, by typing the following:

/ns identify <Password>

The password field on HexChat does nothing to log you in (for whatever reason) from my experiences. If you want to be automatically identified (logged in), you need to type in the following option as seen in this image - https://i.imgur.com/p55dGmt.png

< Message edited by SMGS -- 7/2/2014 10:17:45 >
Post #: 2
7/2/2014 10:53:46   
VoxxSkies

I thought there was supposed to be an email conformation.

It works, but is the irc always this quiet?

Please do not double-post, it is considered spam and only clutters the page. Next time use the button to add in any additional information to your post.
If you do accidentally make an extra post then use the button to delete that extra post. For more information, please read the
=AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior. ~ Skurge

< Message edited by Skurge -- 7/2/2014 13:50:52 >
Post #: 3
7/2/2014 12:11:26   
SMGS

Uh, there was definitely an e-mail confirmation years ago, which seems to have been removed now. Only an IRC op would know why, probably. IRC is generally quiet, usually people just have it on in the background and so replies are slow, but they do come eventually. Depending on what game you play, the official channels are probably not the fastest channels that exist in terms of chat volume. I can try and dig around for channels to recommend depending on what games you play, or you can go to Server > List of Channels > Search to see the list yourself.
Post #: 4
7/3/2014 13:45:26   
Falerin
Legendary Loremaster

The services software was changed from version to another and the new version automatically registers you without requiring the email verification confirmation step. We were finding that those emails were lost, misdirected, sent to users spam folders, and sometimes outright rejected because Caelestia.net does not maintain its own MX server.

IRC can be pretty quiet but there are several other community channels in addition to #Battleon and #Yulgarsinn.

Try typing /list and following the prompts. They will show you several other communities.

SMGS' method will also work as that is HexxChat's interface to the same.

Falerin
Network Founder

< Message edited by Falerin -- 7/3/2014 13:46:18 >
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [AE Forum Resources] >> Forum Support and Suggestions >> Help with the IRC
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition