Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Avatar: "NameChangeComingSoon"

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Avatar: "NameChangeComingSoon"
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/3/2014 10:35:08   
megakyle777

quote:

@Megakyle: Banned because there's alot you need to explain about that character. And it doesn't have to be you. It could be someone dear to you.

Tell me what you need me to explain about the character and I will work on it.
DF  Post #: 26
7/3/2014 13:56:14   
flashbang

Name: (Still need to work that)
Ability: Waterbending
History: Just a humble Waterbender, helping his village survive, but that all changes when the conflict began. He is part of the 5 who are sent out to stop the conflict. He gets ditched by the other four, for they believe he is weak.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 27
7/3/2014 15:39:48   
bokterier

Still not taking any applications, Flashbang. Still need to work on something. Expect it to take atleast one day.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
7/3/2014 15:54:13   
flashbang

I know. Just a tiny little bio thing/pre-application so I know what to add to it.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 29
7/3/2014 16:00:08   
Rez

Any chance we could bend the "other" elements such as steel for earth or lightning for fire?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 30
7/3/2014 17:57:16   
bokterier

Not in the beginning atleast. And airbending doesn't have any sub-bending abilities, I believe.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
7/3/2014 18:16:21   
Rez

Ok cool, I don't actually know if any benders could use steel before Toph anyway, that might break canon. Blood Bending(only during full moon) was invented while Aang was frozen. Lightning already existed and as far as I know air didn't have a sub-group as you said.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 32
7/3/2014 18:48:17   
bokterier

Earthbenders can use crystals, sand and earth instead of steel. Bloodbending is rare. Only practioners know how to do it under a full moon. And lightning is something that you can learn, but it's very difficult. Airbending is very versatile, so it doesn't really need any sub-groups.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
7/3/2014 18:58:47   
Heroic Necro

Lightning was a skill reserved for Royalty or high ranking military before Republic City happened. Unless you wanna hazard blowing up your heart trying to "wing it" you'll probably need that in your backround to even have a chance to learn it

< Message edited by Heroic Necro -- 7/3/2014 19:01:11 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 34
7/4/2014 7:53:08   
bokterier

Okay. I'll take that into consideration!

Forum Name:
Name:
Abilities: You can have more (they can also be stronger) of these if you don't have any bending abilities.
Bending:
Starting location: Where you start depends on your nationality. People born in the Fire Nation start there. Here is a map that I'll follow. http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab196/tiamwow/WorldMap.jpg
History: Where you come from, what you did there, and why you want to explore/run away/earn money, etc.
Personality:

And with that, apps is now welcome!

< Message edited by bokterier -- 7/4/2014 12:32:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
7/4/2014 9:02:37   
megakyle777

Forum Name: Megakyle777
Name: Sun Wukong (Because why not? )
Abilities: Chi Blocking and knowledge of pressure points (Can paralyze or stop bending temporarily) Martial Arts
Bending: None
Starting location: Si Wong Desert
History: Sun Wukong is a... strange... old man. Coming from one of the sand tribes in the Si Wong Desert originally, he was abandoned and left to die when it was clear he could not earthbend. Noone knows how he survived, but ever since then he has traveled the world. For some reason however, despite being unable to bend he keeps going around telling people that he is The Avatar, calling himself such in all he does and giving aid where he can. He may be crazy, but do NOT underestimate him.
Personality: He is a helpful old man, but one that is also quite sarcastic. He goes around offering people aid in his role as "The Avatar" and is generally a cool person. However, do not mistake kind for weak. If people attack him he WILL retaliate after trying to find a better solution.
Appereance: He looks old and frail, as though you could break him by pushing him. Look harder however, and you will see there is more to this then it seems at first. What looked frail is now sinewy and tough, and he moves deceptively quick, like the way lava moves. Old looking, but not Old in the bad sense.
...I can change the name if need be.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 7/4/2014 12:48:56 >
DF  Post #: 36
7/4/2014 9:56:27   
bokterier

Since he's sixty years old, his stamina wouldn't fit his fighting skills. Could you please change that? (Unless he is like Isaac Netero...)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
7/4/2014 11:40:01   
megakyle777

I would like to point out that in Avatar there are a order of badass old guys who are all over 60, one of whom is a non bender: http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Order_of_the_White_Lotus
DF  Post #: 38
7/4/2014 12:11:34   
bokterier

I know, but in this game, I'll need you to nerf him.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
7/4/2014 12:20:35   
megakyle777

Fair enough, what do I need to get rid of?
DF  Post #: 40
7/4/2014 12:36:32   
bokterier

Add this: Appearance, describe what kind of martial arts he uses and how it is used.

Remove or nerf: Weapon mastery stuff thing. That needs to go away. And remember age doesn't necessarely = Expirience.
Where did he learn how to fight? Does he still maintain some kind of contact with his trainer/fellow students? If he does, anyone I should know?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
7/4/2014 12:45:48   
megakyle777

quote:

Add this: Appearance,

Will do, though really you should have included that in the app.

quote:

describe what kind of martial arts he uses and how it is used.

Errr... You know, I don't know. I don't really know much about Martial arts. What would fit naturally with the Chi Blocking stuff?

Normally he uses martial arts just to get in close and block the chi or use pressure points to paralyze his foe. His entire martial art skills revolves around making that opening needed if that makes sense. He DOES have a few moves to defend and attack if it goes wrong, but mostly it's used as a way of getting to hit the right chi needed for the situation. He's more powerful in a team: he stops them from from using their arm or leg and the ally can swoop in and stop him for good.

quote:

Remove or nerf: Weapon mastery stuff thing. That needs to go away. And remember age doesn't necessarely = Expirience.

Yeah, I did not think I would get away with that. XD Will remove.

quote:

Where did he learn how to fight? Does he still maintain some kind of contact with his trainer/fellow students? If he does, anyone I should know?

I don't know really where he learned to fight. I guess he studied the chi when doing martial arts with a trainer and decided to combine the two. As for if they keep in contact, he pops in when he is in the city and they have a chat and stuff, but they are not close close.
DF  Post #: 42
7/4/2014 14:09:32   
Nartbor

Forum Name: Nartbor
Name: Tennik
Abilities: Strong survival skills (from the deserts to the mountains, he'll be able to live)
Bending: Water bending
Starting location: Southern Water Tribe
History: Dissatisfied with life, at age 14, he left his home and went to seek his fortune across the world. He wasn't terribly well known but some of his exploits were remembered and told as stories under a different name. Tennik ventured first to the Earth Kingdom, where he stayed with Sand-benders and learned their survival methods (and adding his own water-bending twist). His next move was to the mountains that held the northern air temple. He lived alone in the great mountains for almost two years before deciding to drift around the Earth Kingdom, helping out anyone he happened to stumble across. While doing this, he found and met Kyoshi (basically just in passing, but it stuck with him). Did this for almost 10 years! Since, he has gone to Ba Sing Se and worked as a bodyguard and merc, and even ventured to the fire kingdom and island-hopped across its archipelago. By the time he was done, he had adventured for most of his life and returned home on the 31st anniversary of the day he left. Using the wealth he had amassed, he retired peacefully for about 4 years. After hearing of Kyoshi's death and the lack of a new Avatar, he decided that retirement didn't suit him so he left and found the road again in search of the new Avatar.
Personality: Childish, immature due to his being alone for most of his young life. He is kinda spoiled and will get hotheaded if he doesn't get what he wants.
Appearance: Tennik is about 5'11", he black hair with a few grey streaks and a salt and pepper beard. His face isn't wrinkled, but it just looks sort of ragged like it faced a bit too much. He has a bad gash across his chest that isn't normally visible and his entire body is layered with all sorts of smaller scars

< Message edited by Nartbor -- 7/4/2014 15:16:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
7/4/2014 14:13:40   
bokterier

Megakyle's application is accepted.

Nartbor, you just need to add appearance, then you'll be good to go. is also accepted.

< Message edited by bokterier -- 7/4/2014 15:25:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
7/4/2014 15:16:27   
Nartbor

fixed
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
7/4/2014 16:22:04   
Bastet

So... would someone that doesn't know anything about Avatar except the basics still be able to participate? I'm really interested.
Post #: 46
7/4/2014 16:50:59   
salene

Forum Name: Salene
Name: Lynn Styng
Abilities: Adept at making mirages and images out of Fire, and bending pure heat to make people see things, able to create spirit like versions of people by bending Fire and energy. She is basically an advanced Illusionist, and actress.
Bending: Fire Bending
Starting location: Ember Island
History: Lynn Styng grew up in the fire nation, on ember island. Her mother, a playwright from the Colonial Fire Nation village, had married her father, an admiral of a small fire nation ship off of the coast of Ember island. Her Father had fallen in love with her mother while on an expedition to find fugitives in the Colonial Fire Village. After that, her father smuggled her mother onto ember island where they then had Lynn, 5 years after meeting.

Ever since Lynn was young, her mother had entertained her with stories from her home village. Stories of brave firebenders, fearsome dragons, and comedic Platybears. So it wasn't much of a surprise when Lynn joined the ember island players at 13 years old, becoming their youngest member. Her father also hoped for her to be a bender however, so ever since she could remember, she had also learned martial arts. She never showed an extremely large amount of talent in the matter, to her fathers disappointment, however, she contained enough knowledge to pass as a bender. Despite her age however, she was skilled at acting, and so she was cast as many important roles, including an interpretation of Pu-on Tim's "Moon Spirit Lake" playing none other than Veish, a young waterbender. Because of her obvious acting skills, Lynn quit school at 15, instead opting to join the Ember Island players full time. Her skills at acting soon had her traveling around Ember Island, entertaining the lords and ladies of the small island. One day however, Malu, a firebending magician adept at conjuring mirages made of fire, discovered her acting skills when she performed for the high commander of Ember Island. Malu approached Lynn after the show, expressing his shock at her talents. He then asked her to join the fire days festival, which was the best, largest, and most prestigious of all the festivals. Realizing the great opportunity, Lynn quit the ember island players, thanking them for all they had done, and went with Malu to her mothers home village, Colonial Fire nation. The Colonial Fire nation is know for its rich culture and arts, so Lynn felt right at home there. She became a part of the festival, performing frequently as young leading roles. After about 6 months of performing, Malu approached Lynn once again. This time however, he questioned her about her involvement in a recent spirit attack. Lynn knew nothing about the attack, as she had not in fact participated in it. Malu, still suspicious of her true intentions, kicked her out.

With no way to get home, Lynn began performing small sideshows at the edges of the Colonial Fire Nation. Whenever a guard would pass by, Lynn would hide in the surrounding forests, quickly packing up her possessions and placing them in a large leather sack upon her back. One day, while practicing the role of a young water bender, Lynn became extremely immersed in her acting. So, as the final scene came to its end, a small burst of flame came from her palm, swirling around her. Lynn jumped backward, surprised and scared by her newly found abilities. Her powers grew rapidly from that point on. Soon, she was able to create small creatures from fire. Than even larger creatures. Than even LARGER creatures. Before she knew it, Lynn was summoning Dragons made from pure white fire. Lynn, her performing skills now at their finest, soon made enough money to buy passage on a ship headed towards Ember Island. On her way, Lynn found a small Screeching bird, which she named Feng, who now accompanies her on her journeys, adding sound to her acts.
Appearance: Lynn has short black hair, tied with a red lace bow to make a small bun. She seems to always be blushing, and her eyes are always alight with mischief and fun. She is relatively short, and can easily pass for a child. She has orange eyes, surrounded by gold. She usually wears a white blouse, with ruffles on the sleeves, and buttoned with small black beads. She wears orange shorts, with fire symbols on them. She also has durable straw sandles which she wears everywhere. And on her shoulde is Feng. She also carries the leather sack on her back everywhere she goes. In the leather sack is fireworks, ignition sticks, and fire cracklers, as well as other useful performing tools.

< Message edited by salene -- 7/5/2014 18:18:49 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 47
7/4/2014 17:35:59   
Nartbor

To be certain, this takes place directly after Kyoshi's death?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
7/4/2014 18:14:03   
bokterier

@Bastet: Yeah! I won't dabble too much into the history, more of an extension of the world and things like that. And the plot is original, so you won't have to know much about the one in the series to understand.

@Salene: Martial arts is a very important skill when it comes to bending, so you'll need to rewrite it a little when it comes to that. Toph Beifong isn't born yet, so that will be problem... :P
And I've never heard about people making mirages in the series, so I can't permit that. And if you create dragons out of flame, then it must be used as a decoy.

@Nartbor: Yes, however, since I can do little with what I know of that period, I am going to use my imagination alot. But after Kyoshi's death and before Roku is 5 years old. That's the plan atleast.

@All: Seems like there are seven people wanting to join this A&R (or more...), so I'll create one spot extra.

< Message edited by bokterier -- 7/4/2014 19:18:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
7/4/2014 19:18:44   
Rez

Forum Name:Rez
Name: Ryuu
Appearance: 6', 190 lbs short slightly spiky dark brown hair, green eyes, an in great shape.
Abilities: Expert Martial Arts
Bending: Earth Bending
Starting location: Kyoshi Island
History: Ryuu was born in Gaoling to a restaurant owning family, father is also a bender. Ryuu worked at his family's restaurant for most of his young life. Most people who live in Gaoling do so their entire lives, Ryuu and his family were the same, his grandparents grew up here. Ryuu learned martial arts and bending techniques from his father during their free time. He was taught to never use bending on a normal person, it is dishonorable. He learned much about martial arts to compensate that fact. Ryuu left Gaoling for Kyoshi Island after hearing if Kyoshi's Death; to pay respects to the earth-nation avatar.
Personality: Ryuu is a laid back but dutiful person. Ryuu also likes to joke around, but nothing ever purposely mean.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Avatar: "NameChangeComingSoon"
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition