Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

More skills/cores = more variety/strategy!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> More skills/cores = more variety/strategy!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/5/2014 12:58:44   
Predator9657

We can unanimously say that increasing the skills in the skill tree of every class is directly proportional to increasing the amount of build diversity - and therefore strategy - in the game. The difficulty is that skills that time and effort to plan/draw/balance/etc - hence each class doesn't even have a full set of unique skills (some skills are shared between classes).

However, if we look at this from a slightly different angle; skill cores. For the most part, there is an abundance of cores available to purchase and hoard, but the amount of cores you can use in battle is relatively lower (4 actives and 4 passives).

What if the number of core slots per item was increased to 2 (passives and 2 actives) or possibly 3? (Devs can decide whether there should be a restriction that the same core cannot be placed in an item more than once). Maybe even add a passive and active core slot for robots which have a pool of common cores to select from (for example, passives which reduce block/deflect or have a chance to crit/stun and actives which have effects like meteors/frost shards). Wouldn't this dramatically increase the variety since players will have more options at their disposal so battles will not be as monotonous and the number of core combinations with similar builds (let alone different builds) will be significantly larger?

Since cores are balanced well relative to skills, there shouldn't be any detrimental balance issues with this. The slight "problem" is that for some core slots there are very few common cores available. But this can be easily fixed by adding a few more common cores - not necessarily completely new ones, using the concepts from other common cores should do fine (can't see a problem with meteor/frost equivalents for gun/aux).

I think something like this is a lot more easier for the devs than adding a couple of new (balanced and unique) skills to each class' skill tree while it will have a similar positive effect on build diversity and consequently strategy - plus, it would definitely be more fun having access to more skill cores in battle. What do you guys think?
Epic  Post #: 1
7/6/2014 2:59:22   
Dual Thrusters

Well that defeats the purpose of customization if you can equip all the cores. We would need a lot more cores for that to work. And more were made, classes would pretty much become non existent as you would have a whole 30 whopping cores equipped opposed to the 12 skills a class has. Unless there were class specific cores...
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/6/2014 7:05:15   
Predator9657

@Dual:

quote:

Well that defeats the purpose of customization if you can equip all the cores.

You misread. I never said anything about equipping all the cores.

I said:

quote:

What if the number of core slots per item was increased to 2 (passives and 2 actives) or possibly 3?

2 or 3 slots each for passive and active cores is definitely not all the cores!
Epic  Post #: 3
7/6/2014 7:15:07   
Silver Sky Magician

^

IMO this would only work if the variety of cores is greatly increased. For passive cores in particular, players tend towards either the critical hit one or the one that reduces deflections/blocks, and either the critical heal or ninja reflexes for the armour slot. Instituting such a policy without a greater variety of cores would essentially allow players to have it all, which is not desirable for strategy.

That being said, I think this suggestion could have value in being a possible alternative to Legendary ranks. Maybe an additional core slot could be unlocked about every 10 ranks or so (so there will be 8 ranks in the new system, equivalent to 80 in the current one). Again, though, this should only come with a greater variety of mobile cores.
Post #: 4
7/6/2014 12:01:55   
Dual Thrusters

Sorry for bad wording, but what I meant was that if weapons got 2-3 more core slots it would mean that they could equip all the cores available at vendbot with the little options we have.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/7/2014 2:23:02   
Pemberton

Yes they only add new core if overpower or barium only. Last time I see new for all core is musk cores.
Post #: 6
7/15/2014 23:21:49   
lionblades

I wish we had some new permanent cores in Venbot. Too little variety (especially the aux cores--everyone is using azrael) right now
AQW  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> More skills/cores = more variety/strategy!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition