Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Sidearm damage does improve with DEXTERITY instead of strenght

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Sidearm damage does improve with DEXTERITY instead of strenght
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/12/2014 0:20:56   
Thylek Shran

I think this idea is worth a try. I thought long about why strenght is OPed. Its not only
because the combination with high HP works that well. It is because strenght does
improve two weapons -> Primary and sidearm. This makes it hard to impossible to buff
efficiently against them if they have a different element (phys, energy).
Also the most cores do improve with strenght instead with other skills (tech, dex, support).

Maybe this will make dex TMs with Overload and dex itself oped. To counter that the
cooldown turn for sidearms could be increased by 1 turn so that it will have the same
cooldown like aux and robot.

Dexterity will then be a stat that does improve both, weapon damage and one of the two
defensive abilities (defense). Just like technology that does improve robot damage but
also resistance. To prevent that dex would be OPed for lower level characters that
cannot afford a robot, there would be the need to implement cheap robots affordable
by everyone independant of the character level. Just like weapons. Maybe that would
require that robot damage is also scaling with the character level just like weapons.

This suggestion won´t affect builds with equal strenght and dexterity like the popular
85 str/dex combination. But it would definetly nerf extreme strenght builds (100+ strenght).
On the other side most other builds like 5 focus and tanks would benefit from it.

Every weapon would then have its own stat that does improve damage:

- Primary: Strenght
- Sidearm: Dexterity
- Auxiliary: Support
- Robot: Technoloy + Focus

Stat wise:

- Strenght: Primary dmg, most cores, skills
- Dexterity: Sidearm dmg, Defense, block chance, skills
- Technology: Robot dmg, Resistance, deflection chance, skills
- Support: Auxiliary dmg, first turn, critical hit chance, skills

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 7/12/2014 0:42:05 >
DF Epic  Post #: 1
7/12/2014 0:25:27   
Dual Thrusters

Or it could increase with support to give that stat more of a reason to invest into.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/12/2014 0:29:49   
Thylek Shran

The problem is that the auxiliary weapon damage does already improve with support.
That would make support even more OPed than strenght.
DF Epic  Post #: 3
7/12/2014 1:33:48   
suboto

How about gun damage improves based on your class
tlm with dex
tm with tech since (dex is abused)
bm with tech since (dex would be abused
ch with dex
bh with tech since (dex would be abused
merc with dex
Epic  Post #: 4
7/12/2014 6:09:48   
DanniiBoiixD

I want this to happen. Then maybe a BH dex build would work in pvp.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/12/2014 14:48:09   
  Exploding Penguin

Not exactly fair to tech users because unlike primaries, sidearms, and auxiliary weapons, the robot's base damage is pathetic unless you also have a fairly high amount of focus. This would also force most strength builds to invest in some dexterity or otherwise be useless, which takes away from build diversity in that aspect. Wouldn't add much more build diversity to dex builds to compensate because the extra gun damage would be like an add-on steroid that I don't think could work into any particularly new interesting build.
Epic  Post #: 6
7/15/2014 11:13:44   
The berserker killer

Please make this happen. Theres no reason for it to increase with str. Even the +6 Passive Core is put on sidearm. My only worry is Dex Mages

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 7/17/2014 11:09:58 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 7
7/15/2014 12:43:34   
Remorse

I think they should add a gun passive core that works as follows.
Side arm damage is based on dexterity, total damage is reduced by 15%.

This would increase vareity and also have a trade off with damage.

An alternative to this is make side arms improve with dex by default but then add a core that changes it to strengrh but with a 15% damage reduction.

This means str builds would be slightly weaker however they still have the variety of using STR

Epic  Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Sidearm damage does improve with DEXTERITY instead of strenght
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition