Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: A change to legendary rank

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: A change to legendary rank
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/31/2014 16:12:36   
Emperor_Blitz

it's not game breaking all you do is complain no offence lol and i barley ever see you on epicduel but i see you on the forums 24/7 ^
Epic  Post #: 26
7/31/2014 16:49:52   
Mother1

@ Emperor_Blitz

Actually I do more NPC's in the hopes of catching up when I have time to play. Also my game time is limited to the power hours most of the time due to school and work. However I can go to the forums when I have time so that is why I am on here more than I play.

It isn't like when I had so much free time to play.

But still that doesn't change my point of these ranks being game breaking and either

A) forcing players to NPC in the hopes of catching up
B) Having players who are sick of this quit.

Epic  Post #: 27
8/1/2014 0:59:07   
Remorse

I agree with mother,

This feature does ethier 2 things.

- Forces you completely out of pvp until you reach a similar level as them.

-give you a major advantage allowing you to effortlessly kill those lower rank then you.

Big problem is a majority of the people lie in the first scenario massively reducing player base.

Epic  Post #: 28
8/1/2014 14:40:08   
Emperor_Blitz

Not really ive had people way lower ranks then me kill me
Epic  Post #: 29
8/1/2014 17:15:18   
Variation

^That is because as you know they aren't overpowered. A lot of players in this forum make them out to be severely broken, but that seriously isn't the case. I see screenshots of rank 1s beating rank 20+ all the time. There are even robots in this game that are more beneficial to your character than owning legendary ranks.

Many players have spent loads of varium on experience boosting and unlocking legendary slots. I can tell you for sure, they didn't experience boost for the likes of "cosmetic hairstyles." Keep legendary ranks the way they are. We don't need to be hurting the players that go out of their way to support this game financially.

No one is forced into PvP anymore, if players aren't satisfied with the PvP aspect of this game they can do 100 NPC wins a day. I really appreciate and take advantage of the developers generosity for giving players an additional option for earning experience after level 10. It's a good thing when I say there are no more excuses as to why you can't level up in this game like there used to be. I'm not even close to being a hardcore player and I'm rank 57. The key to this game is consistency, that is all it takes and you'll earn legendary ranks in no time.
Post #: 30
8/1/2014 17:27:33   
Mother1

@ variation

Then answer me this because everyone who has not supported this keep dodging this question.

Why was it when these ranks came that gave power to level 40's came out did level 40's range and only level 40's player range that was cut? I could understand if it was everyone's range however it was only level 40's range.

Answer IIRC it was because of the same ranks you and everyone else are saying aren't overpowered. In fact here is the DN right here

quote:

Matching changes:
Level 40 players will now more heavily prioritize matches against other level 40 players
Level 40 players will no longer match with players less than level 38 Bugged, not working just yet.

Level 1-5 players will now try harder to match with players closer to their own level
Same-alignment matches are allowed sooner than before

Obviously there was a problem with the ranks if this happened and players are still getting smacked around when fighting high ranked players. Some people may be fine with grinding against NPC but others aren't and no one should be forced to do so just so they aren't a punching bag to a high ranked player unless they get lucky.

Epic  Post #: 31
8/1/2014 17:44:57   
Variation

^Like I've said many times in this forum, nothing should be changed to favor only a portion of the player base. While there are players who aren't satisfied with Legendary Mode, there are players who are. If players don't want to NPC, the option the developers gave them to escape PvP, I don't know what to say.

Also just because you have a high legendary rank doesn't mean you're unstoppable and role over everyone who has a lower rank than you. It all comes down to how you play your cards. If they were so broken you wouldn't hear of low legendary rankers constantly beating rank 20+ players. While it may take more skill to beat players who have a rank advantage over you, it isn't nowhere near impossible.
Post #: 32
8/1/2014 17:51:34   
Mother1

@ Variation

you still haven't answered my question. You are avoiding my question just like everyone else has.

Can you please answer me this.

"Why is it that level 40 and only level 40's player range was cut the moment these ranks came into play?" No one else's was cut, and before this happened level 40's range was just the same as a level one's range in 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 meaning you could battle 5 down in one mode and 6 down in 2 vs 2.

Now because these ranks came along you level 40's and only level 40's have a range of 2 down in 1 vs 1 and 4 down in 2 vs 2.

Epic  Post #: 33
8/1/2014 18:12:14   
Variation

^I can't answer that because I'm not a developer, and they didn't explicitly state why they did that change in that design notes posts. Also if your argument is revolving around the developers changing match making can you answer why they didn't alter Legendary Mode yet(completely rhetorical)? The developers are well aware of the complaints regarding Legendary Mode and nothing has been done about it. The same goes with removal of passives, removal of enhancements, and the x10 system. Constant complaining about changes in this game isn't always justification for alteration.

< Message edited by Variation -- 8/1/2014 18:13:33 >
Post #: 34
8/1/2014 18:55:43   
Mother1

@ Variation

quote:

Matchmaking
Rabblefroth is adjusting the matching engine to enable tighter matching for those at the level cap. It should be MUCH harder for a level 40 to match against a level 35. Also, alignment matching will be loosened for faster matching.

Apparently they had issues with level 40's doing battle with lower levels like 35. Now normally this wouldn't be an issue because before the ranks (Not legendary ranks) for everyone (with the exceptions levels 36-40) had to fight players 5 levels higher than them. Now all of a sudden when legendary ranks come into play it becomes an issue here. Now if everyone range was cut like the way level 40's range was cut than Okay I wouldn't have this complaint however, the smallest group of players had their range cut, when the player base is at it's lowest which in turn hurt all level 40's time wise when looking for matches especially when you aren't playing during non peak hours. Something like this makes no sense whatsoever and normally wouldn't have been done. However as I pointed out these legendary ranks which in turn give more power to level 40 players tipped the balance of power for level 40's making them just that much stronger than the opponents they face. Enough ranks added up together are the equal of a level up, and while they aren't as strong as old enhancements made a difference in battles. Enough difference that they would cut level 40's player range even though we all know cutting the player range for the smallest group of players when the player base is at it's lowest is a horrible idea.

Also Enhancement IIRC were removed due to the power advantage they gave to fully powered varium players who could get them easily due to Non variums having issues with not being able to get them. Enhancements made any non varium going against a varium player a punching bag which was what they wanted to get rid off when they made omega which is ironic seeing as they put that same power advantage back into the game again for level 40 in the forum of these ranks.

As for players not going for cosmetics and non power giving rewards that is also wrong as well. Cause if this was the cause than when The Aphrodite's woe came out which is just a better looking version of the Azreal's reaper (seeing as they are the same powerwise and core wise only different art) Players still went and spent real money to get this art. Then there are the varium only vehicles as well. Why not just have people buy the non varium one's instead of buying the varium one's? Answer because people also care about comestic's and how their characters look with certain items. So if people are willing to spend real money on comestic items that are only art wise different I can see player playing for comestic and none power giving advantages as well.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 8/1/2014 18:56:13 >
Epic  Post #: 35
8/3/2014 5:15:14   
Thylek Shran

@Variation

Basically you only paid and worked for Legendary ranks and not for their benefits.
As Mother1 wrote, your ranks would remain but maybe the benefits would be less
powerfull. Its better to correct flaws even if a few players might feel duped and
then quit because their (bought) win rate did drop, as bad balance might had let
quit much more players already. A worse win rate for some players would also be
a better win rate for other players who then might be more motivated to buy
ArtixPoints. All in all, ED would benefit from balance corrections as more happy
players (customers) do also lead to more cash for Artix Entertainment which
partially could be invested into ED as it happened in the past by hiring new staff
members. I think its pretty logical that a balanced game is more attractive to
the majority of players than an unbalanced.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 8/3/2014 5:17:27 >
DF Epic  Post #: 36
8/3/2014 5:20:39   
Remorse

^ Agreed,

Plus they could compensate us as well.

I am still waiting for compensation of them re-introducing the physical bunnyzooka...

That thing cost me 2k varium and suddenly it's worth went down the drain when the re introduced it.
Epic  Post #: 37
8/3/2014 15:16:45   
Elite Tuga

I like this idea Mother 1, this way pay to win/hardcore players can still get rewarded without unbalancing the game on other inferior/struggling players, especially considering the fact that there isn't any 'captions' for ranks yet.
Epic  Post #: 38
8/3/2014 16:24:20   
lionblades

@Remorse
quote:

Plus they could compensate us as well.

I am still waiting for compensation of them re-introducing the physical bunnyzooka...

That thing cost me 2k varium and suddenly it's worth went down the drain when the re introduced it.

I hope its not trash compensation like enhancements. Some players spent over $100s to get 30%...These changes are good but if this becomes enhancements compensation 2.0 then say goodbye to more varium players. If this idea gets implemented I want 80-90% of my spending back...but I doubt devs will do that cause they dont "have too" under ToA. Some players spent around 5-10k varium on ranks. Then I can decide what cometics I want with my points. I agree with ranks change but I want fair compensation...but I doubt they will compensate because devs can reintroduce certain rares and everything. Look at pyro bot, bio borg, and azrael bot--all rarity scores decreased and free for all...not even a skin change as promised. I dont think your bunnyzooka will be compensated either.
AQW  Post #: 39
8/7/2014 10:46:55   
Mother1

@ Lionblades

Why would they need to compensate people if they aren't removing the ranks? A change to ranks =/= removing the ranks.

With enhancements they completely removed all traces of those from the game. They didn't change them they flat out destroyed them. So because of them removing this feature they choose to compensate the players who had brought them even though they didn't have to due to TOS we agreed to.

Allowing players to not only keep their ranks but compensate them as well would be too much.
Epic  Post #: 40
8/7/2014 11:56:27   
shadow.bane

lame idea :) . not supported !

Bane Hallow The Last Shadow Fiend.
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
8/12/2014 19:52:11   
Virtual Earthquake

@Variation:
I understand that you have spent a lot of time and energy achieving your high rank, but that was probably a lot closer to the beginning of when the ranks were released, right?
Ok, so a rank 1 (me) fighting a rank 30-50 might not be near impossible, but it is easy to say it is impossible when my opponent is using a high str/dex build and is 30-50+ ranks above me.
I do not want to have to use a strength flavor of the week build just to win a battle, I like my focus/tech Merc build just fine, and it worked amazing in the past.
And I really don't care about winning, it's just nice to have a strategically interesting battle once in a while.
But due to all the high ranking 40's using the str spam builds, it is near impossible to enjoy PVP anymore.
Also, you have to understand that not everyone has hours and hours of time to spend on this game, like you and some others do.
I would love to enjoy the war, and PVP itself, but the ranking system destroyed the little balance we had.
All the hardcore players just went crazy with PVPing in the first week that the rank system was released, and so the more relaxed players get punished just because they don't have a lot of spare time to kill?
Sadly, yes, that is what happened, but the rank system should have never offered such a huge advantage to people who have nothing to do all day except play ED, as apposed to people who have work, school, and various other things to do before they can play ED for a measly 30 minutes a day. Like me.
So, what I am adding to this is that the Rank System should just give exclusive access to weapons/bikes/events/items/etc..
Or, it could get scrapped altogether and we could just do levels again (ex. Rank 1-5= Level 41, Rank 6-10 = Level 42, and so on...)
But do you people opposing this really think it's right? Or do you just want to be able to obliterate low ranking 40's, like how it used to be back in Gamma with Varium advantages?
And if you think about it, there are a lot less high ranking 40's than compared to the whole population of ED, so what happens when everyone else gets to Level 40 (Rank 1)?
They quit. ED loses money they would earn from those players buying Varium. Only the high ranking players are left, and it's not enough to keep the EpicDuel team afloat.
If this goes on, Epic Duel will probably shut down, or be changed into a whole game altogether.
So is that what you want?
Do you want it to get so bad that at it's peak hours there is only 100-200 people on Epic at a time?
Or even so bad that we lose this game?
And all just because you want to keep your ranks.
I don't know, that sounds kind of selfish to me.
But that's just my two cents.
Post #: 42
8/13/2014 1:20:42   
Remorse

Another thing I would like to point out is this change is still giving you rewards for being a high rank!

It's not like you don't get anything for working hard in getting a high rank, it could be exclusive gear!

The fact that people who are against idea, then use the defense they worked hard and want a reward does not really cut it because you will be rewarded.

To demand it be a battle advantage which is clearly breaking the game just as clearly as global warming then perhaps you are being selfish and should stop thinking about yourself only and maybe the good of the game, the good of the game will also have a major impact on you as well because without anyone to play or repetitive boring balance and variety then the game is not much fun at all is it?

Epic  Post #: 43
8/13/2014 19:34:52   
Variation

@Virtual Earthquake: I love how many players, including yourself attack all high ranking players by assuming all of them waste hours a day on this game. I've only averaged 22 PvP wins a day since my account was created. That's right 22, not 50, not 100, not 200, etc. So please don't run around with such harsh accusations, it's quite pathetic. All you know about my character is that he has a high rank. That is not even close to enough information to justify you saying I waste "hours and hours" on this game. I know many other rank 30+ players that just like myself aren't even close to being hardcore players.

If players aren't happy with their legendary rank they can NPC until they feel that their rank is suffice. If they don't want to NPC or PvP, then they're causing their rank problem not EpicDuel. The developers of this game went out of their way to reintroduce NPCs for characters that are higher than level 10. They didn't have to do that, but they realized players need another option besides PvP to level/rank up. The developers are doing the best they can for this game, if players don't take advantage of what they have to offer, then I truly don't know what to say.
Post #: 44
8/13/2014 21:03:49   
dfo99

have high legendary ranks not is a punishment for lower rankers players, everyone can reach them and you can obtain them very easy if you have exp boost. however not allow power based ranks because some players not play enough to reach them will be a restriction based in other players behavior (basicly restrict some players to benefit other players).

also based on this:

quote:

►The suggestion is bias, only favoring a particular group or just themselves. We have to consider the entire EpicDuel community when implementing new features.

not suported
Post #: 45
8/13/2014 21:34:55   
Mother1

@ Dfo99

It is a punishment when said power is making an already unbalanced game even more unbalanced. In fact it was these very ranks that caused the player range to get cut because players didn't find it fair that players show have to face players with 5 more levels of points plus (insert how many ranks here) So in turn yes these ranks no matter how you try to dispute have hurt balance. If not for these ranks giving power level 40's would have their same player range and not have to endure longer wait times because of it.

Also this suggestion does favor everyone. Now if I said remove the ranks outright then yes you would be right because it would be taking away the what level 40's would have to work for, however this suggestion give to both sides.

It still gives high ranked players rewards for their efforts, and for those who don't have ranks and have to fight them they aren't put at an even bigger disadvantage due to the extra power the ranks are currently given.
Epic  Post #: 46
8/13/2014 22:33:14   
Virtual Earthquake

Whatever, I give up.
You guys won't be swayed.
You want to keep your ranks because you get an unfair advantage over everyone lower than you (because higher ranks are still considered lvl 40's).
And we want to change/get rid of ranks because they are breaking the game.

Anyways, I think we should just get rid of ranks and go back to levels..
Or have Ranks with levels.
-Something like this :
Rank 1-5 = Level 40
Rank 6-10 = Level 41
Rank 11-15 = Level 42 and so on....
I don't really see the harm in that, the player base is already small so what's another reduction?
The hardcore players get matched with the hardcore players and the laidback players get matched with the laid back players.

@Variation:
Huh, well did you use EXP boosts or play during power hour?
Because I also average around that and I am Rank 1....
Also, what is your Rank?
I would just like to know, I didn't mean to be rude, I just thought you were a super hardcore player because of how seemingly strong you don't want ranks to be changed.
Plus, I don't want ranks to be totally worthless, I just think that in general they haven't been beneficial or helpful to game play in a good way.
It's great for the hardcore players, but what about the more relaxed players? We get pummeled just because we can't/don't play as often.
We are pretty much reliving the whole Varium/Enhancements advantage over players who don't p2w, except that it's now mainly time and skill vs. money.
Ranks should have never given players such an advantage over eachother, because it doesn't help anyone in the long run.
All the super hardcore players get to the highest rank, the hardcore-ish players float around ranks 20-35, and the relaxed players (more than half the population) quit.
Which leaves ED with only a handful of users, not benefiting anyone because A) ED team makes less money B) Players battle a lot of the same people C) Not very much variety b/c most of the hardcore players use the str/dex/hp builds nowadays.
So, the advantage to ranks could be removed, everyone can keep their ranks, and there can be exclusive weapons/bikes/items/areas/events/etc... instead.
Wouldn't that be better than winning against someone just because you have more time/money/attention to spend then them? (Not using anyone as a specific example)
Post #: 47
8/25/2014 0:19:14   
Mother1

@ Virtual earthquake

Doing that while it might solve some problems would cause even more balance problems.
Epic  Post #: 48
9/2/2014 23:39:58   
DeltaNoob123456789

Not Supported, like Xamurai said that he wouldn't trade something from legend points for suggestions like these which are stupid, if this was implemented it wouldn't be fair for those players who played a lot or payed varium on slots and taking away slots will make the player furious and argue about this. However if you want to rank up fast I would recommend battling big tuna each power hour.
Post #: 49
9/2/2014 23:52:41   
Mother1

@ deltanoob123456789

Balance > money spent on items.

It has always been like this. Throughout epic duel's history anything that you spend money on if it was deemed overpowered or gamebreak got nerfed for balance sake no matter how much you spend on it.

This is the main reason why Enhancements got axed even though many players spend 100 maybe even thousands on them. So in a nutshell Money means squat when it comes to balance.

Also being forced to grind against NPC just to catch up because of a power gap that is made by legendary ranks is what is causing people to quit along with the other horrible balance issues.

Also why does everyone keep saying this suggestion is taking away the ranks?

What happened with enhancements was taking them away because no trace of the enhancements was left. This however is changing what ranks give not taking them away. I agree taking away the ranks completely would be unfair which was why I suggested to change them so they aren't making balance even worse.
Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: A change to legendary rank
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition