Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Rise Of The Boss Monsters OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> Rise Of The Boss Monsters OOC
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/14/2014 6:50:18   
megakyle777

(Right now, I'm using this OOC to brainstorm ideas for Rise Of The Boss Monsters.)

Rise of The Boss Monsters will be a Tournament based game where you play as a powerful boss monster going though lots of rounds.

Issues facing me right now:

Synchronizing encounters so I can start each encounter at the same time.
Making fights end at the same time
Keeping scychroisation between them (these three may not be possible, if not need plan to make game work as I'm a first time game person)
Tournament round/foe/boss ideas (Supposed to go up in difficulty from really easy to really hard, also looking for creative stuff, both made up and from any fiction that fits these catagories. If suggesting a thing that exists, link to info about said thing or I will ignore it. Yes, even if I SHOULD know about it.)
Game mechanics (The last one had some issues)
Other ideas to make the game as awesome as can be

If anyone has any A and R/ tournament making experience and can give some ideas to help it would be appreciated. The main way of doing damage is I will be deciding if it works or no, no formulas needed.

Game thread here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21749767&mpage=1&key=�

APPS ARE NOW OPEN.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 7/14/2014 10:34:49 >
DF  Post #: 1
7/14/2014 7:06:57   
Rez

I may or may not apply, though I will provide any help I can.

The easiest problem is the last part, modeling it after the tournament of light and darkness would be the most simple solution. That was a basic A&R type of fight; the only difference was that is was pvp.
I will defiantly suggest some people and creatures to be enemies. As for rounds a team battle might be interesting, even if you just want NPC partners to keep it completely single player.

Rez
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
7/14/2014 7:14:31   
megakyle777

Can you give a example of how it worked please? Also, I'm new to this so I need it to be as idiot proof as possible.

And I'd be glad for any help you can give. While the old one did not get finished, it DID get some apps, and the main thing I noticed was that the bosses were WAY too OP, and i was giving some decent leeway on this, since, well they are bosses. Chazero and Hidan's ones had to be SERIOUSLY nerfed and while Frost Mogin's was a cool idea (The foe has to get around a changing arena and hit some crystals) it was also OP at first and I was not sure how to make that work.

I'd also like to point out the arenas are made for the bosses too.
DF  Post #: 3
7/14/2014 7:46:23   
Rez

Well in L&D each player made an action and the GM decided hoe each action played out if they went against each other. As an example in one of my fights it went a little like this.

Arena- Large arena filled with water, the two fighters are standing on multiple large stone pillars, at the bottom of the arena there is a large carnivorous sea monster, so don't fall in.
Enemy Player: I charge up a large amount of magical energy and blast the entire arena breaking apart some pillars.
Me: I jump down and smash my swords into the pillar to stop my fall, I then climb back up and dash towards my enemy and take a few slashes at his right arm.

GM post: Your magic creates massive shockwaves through out the area destroying parts of many pillars, (rez) was stumbled, as he jumped he caught himself on the pillar using his swords, using his strength and quickness he climbed back up and pressed the assault deeply cutting into his opponents right arm.

That is sort of how it went, it was some time ago.

SO basically set the stage, have the NPC enemies make a move and have the player react, if they make an incorrect move they get hurt. Without RNG and formulas take the enemy type into account, a fire dragon type boss should not use a fire attack on a stone golem, it should instead use its massive size to crush it. Or arrows, use its wings to blow them away.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 4
7/14/2014 9:15:35   
megakyle777

Thank you for the advice.
DF  Post #: 5
7/14/2014 16:03:19   
flashbang

Maybe some Pokemon? Just cause?

Also, I'm re-submitting my Troll boss. I'll keep on using that app till you accept it.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 6
7/14/2014 21:59:17   
salene

Boss Name: Shires Dirge
Powers/Abilities:
Stone Hide: Passive - All magic damage is reduced by 15% (Attack Type-passive)
Arcana's Runes: Passive - Cannot be affected by negative status affects (i.e poison, fire, decreased DEF/STR) (Attack Type-passive)
Truffle Hunt: Passive - +10% damage against magic users. Immune to knockback. (Attack Type-Passive)
Charged Desolation: Aggressive - This charge deals a moderate amount of damage, as well as doing a large amount of knockback. Armor Piercing.
(Attack Type-Physical)
Predators Instinct: Passive - Can sense when an attack is being use, or whether there is magic nearby(Attack Type-Passive)
Hunt The Weak: Aggressive - If the enemies base damage is stronger than Shires Dirge's, Shire Dirge Gains +10% Defense increase. If Shire Dirge has stronger base damage then his enemy, then he gets a +10% damage bonus to all attacks. (Attack Type-Enchantment)
Bog Brew: Aggressive - An attack that is a guaranteed critical hit. After the attack hits however, Shire Dirges defense is reduced by 10%. If it misses, Shires Dirge gains +10% accuracy. (Attack type-Physical)
Sanguine Tusks Aggressive - An attack the tosses the enemy high into the air. They will take fall damage, and also get the Bleeding Debuff, making it impossible to heal for three rounds. If the attack misses, Shires Dirge takes 5% recoil damage, in the form of magic damage. (Attack type-Physical)
Arena: A dark swamp. The only sound is the ominous croaking of the leech frogs, and the sound of small animals decomposing in the toxic sludge. The air is thick with the smell of decay, death, and dirty animals, also making it hard to breathe. Bordering the bubbling sludge in the center of the arena, are large, gnarled, blackened trees, with faintly glowing lantern fruits growing upon them. Bones litter the ground, and in the background you think you can see a small Hamlet.
Weakness: Metal. All metals (swords, daggers, arrow tips) deal extra damage to Shires Dirge. As well as this, Shires Dirge has very bad lateral movement, and can take damage from behind, were he is extra vulnerable. Basically, melee is the way to go when fighting this behemoth.
Personality: He's an animal, so he doesn't really have much of a personality. I suppose if he did, he would be gruff, stone faced, and silent. As well as extremely dispassionate, ruthless, and coldhearted.
Backstory: (Imagine this as a creepy poem that you found while exploring the dark swamp one day)
"There once was a man, who lived in east shire,
His woes were great, his situation dire,
So he went to the hag, who lived in the mire,
And asked for her help, But to his ire,
The Witch said no, an cast him away,
So it was, that the very next day,
The man came back, to ask for more help,
But the hag declined once more, with a cackle and a yelp,
But the man was not to be deferred so easily, So he want to the village elder,
A man named Peasley,
The man foretold of a terrible fate, To befall the man,
But the elders words were far too late, and the man transformed into...
(The rest of the parchment is ripped and incomprehensible, so you toss it aside)
How did you get sealed in the first place: "I've done terrible things. Things that would give you nightmares. I slaughter magical beings, adding their ichor to my hide. People think I'm the monster for killing their "childhood friends". If only they knew the truth about their "friends"...
What do you plan on doing once you are free: Continuing to cleanse the land of magic
Other: nooope
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 7
7/14/2014 23:09:33   
hidan_orochimaru

I really want to join, but I fear I might not know how to balance my boss.

Also,shouldn't you add "appearence" to the list of informations about the boss?
DF AQW  Post #: 8
7/14/2014 23:24:10   
Chazero

Boss Name: Alistair Snow
Powers/Abilities:
Blizzard: Active - Creates a snow storm that freezes multiple enemies at once. Inflicts Frostbite, a DoT that freezes enemies to death.
High Elemental Spirit: Passive - Decreases damage done by elemental attacks. If it is ice, the attack will have no effect on Alistair.
Hail: Active - Sends solid ice of varying sizes raining down from the sky onto enemies. Deals damage based on the size:
Small: Low damage
Medium: Moderate damage
Large: Severe damage
Ice Armor: Active - Increases resistance against physical attacks and elemental attacks. Fire ignores the elemental attack resist that is on this move but not on the passive.
Ice Spikes: Active - Creates ice spikes that deal moderate damage that can pierce armor against multiple enemies.
Ice Clones: Active - Creates 9 duplicates of Alistair to confuse enemies and to overrun them.
Arena: The peak of a tall mountain. Nothing much to say really. Occasionally though, a lesser blizzard will blow that only has a chance to freeze the enemies and inflict a DoT on them.
Weakness: Fire. A lot of it. Spirit Fire also does double damage against Alistair but users of it are quite rare.
Personality: A coldhearted and ruthless killer. He also does a maniacal laugh every once in a while.
Backstory: Alistair was once a spirit who nearly covered the world in ice. Just as he was about to freeze the last place on earth that wasn't frozen, a powerful mage sealed him in a gem and placed it on top of a mountain. An adventurer touched it and inherited Alistair's powers, memories, and personality. He now seeks to do what Alistair almost did hundreds of years ago.
How did you get sealed in the first place: A powerful mage sealed Alistair in a gem.
What do you plan on doing once you are free: To cover the entire world in frost.
Other: Nope

I think I am being a lot lazier than usual with my skills.

< Message edited by Chazero -- 7/15/2014 3:06:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
7/15/2014 0:39:41   
megakyle777

quote:

Also, I'm re-submitting my Troll boss. I'll keep on using that app till you accept it.

And I will keep refusing it. No troll or trolling abilities.

Also, I'm not accepting the other entries. Not because they are bad or anything, but because this is NOT a Number Based or similarly ability based game. What will happen will depend on the foe you are fighting, your actions ETC. For example to take Vagaran's wolf idea from the Ban Game, he COULD eat people whole and end the fight there, but if he does it on smart people with a sword or poison people it would be a very bad idea.

I suggest basing your abilities not around any numbers or things like severe or weak damage but rather how a action may go. Chazero's hail is one of the better example in that the bigger the hail the more damage it will do.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 7/15/2014 0:40:35 >
DF  Post #: 10
7/15/2014 0:49:53   
salene

Re-sumission coming soon. Will you save me a spot though?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 11
7/15/2014 1:10:08   
Chazero

@Megakyle
Edited it to remove the numbers. I didn't really change much really since I don't have an idea on how to do the other abilities without numbers but I'll try to think of something.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/15/2014 1:19:14   
megakyle777

Also, other is for anything you may want to add that the app does not cover.

Salene: I will save you a spot.

Chazero: Just think along the lines of: "how wold work if someone used it?" For example:

"I summon a Large Hailstorm and try to freeze the foe in the confusion."

Me in update: You create a large Hailstorm. Your foe is weakened but survives. He sees your attempt to freeze him however, dodges to the left and make a deep cut in your hide. You are hurt but not seriously."
DF  Post #: 13
7/15/2014 1:27:16   
Chazero

Edited again. I am thinking that my abilities are already fine as is. All I did was add something to the arena.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
7/15/2014 2:54:34   
megakyle777

Chazero: Lose the Ice Dragon Call and accepted.

I'm willing to allow dragons in this game but if you want a dragon or dragon spawn or something you have to BE said dragon.
DF  Post #: 15
7/15/2014 3:07:08   
Chazero

Done
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
7/15/2014 4:48:06   
Lemonus

Boss Name: Fred Johnson
Powers/Abilities:

Fiend: Fred transforms into a durable fiend with huge physical power and gains other abilities.
ALL OUT!!!!: Throws away any and all defense in exchange for a massive boost in power for a few minutes. Can't be disabled until it's over. Uses up all of Fred's stamina after the duration ends.
Calm down Johnny!: Throws away any and all offense in exchange for a massive boost in defense and a slight increase in regeneration for a few minutes. Can't be disabled until it's over. Uses up all of Fred's magic(that means no toggling for a while).
BAG OF HURT: Hurls a suitcase at the enemy.
(Below are toggle abilities, he can't have more than one active at the same time.)
Hate: Imbues his claws with rage-fuelled power, gaining more and more strength as he is hit. Hands flow with orange and red energy.
Malevolence: Imbues his claws with evil power, significantly empowering his attacks at the cost of a bit of his life after each enemy hit. Hands are lined with red and black patterns.
Cide: Expands his arms, extending his reach. Hands glow white and blue.
Element: Imbues his claws with any elemental power at the cost of some stamina for each hit. Adds an element(Ice, Fire, etc.) to his attacks. Element used is visible on hands.
DEFEND: Fred uses the defensive part of his hide, slowing him down, lowers offense by a large amount and increases defense. Uses the "armor" part of his body.
-Passives-
Multitasker: Self-explanatory.
Budget Planner: Can save money through extensive budget planning.
Time Manager: Can properly arrange his schedule.
High Jump(Fiend): Can jump high in fiend form.

Arena: The arena is dark with a high ceiling. The room is lined with blue fire torches. There's a pool of glowing water underneath the floor that can be accessed through some holes.
Weakness: He can't take too much magic damage(he doesn't melt very fast though)
Personality: Cocky at times. Otherwise quite like your average working person.
Backstory:
Fred was once a normal secretary working for a fairly large company. His salary was average at best and his life just goes on and on everyday with almost no change. Then came the holiday that's Christmas, which he had to celebrate by himself. Fred took a vacation leave on that day to find something interesting to visit as he wanted to do something different for a change before he had to go back to his boring work. As he searched for places on the internet, he stumbled upon the ruins of the Halls of the Atra. The Atra was a group of people that had discovered the secrets of unlocking one's inner malignant beast. But in order to maintain that power, they had to eat other people that had the same capabilites so the Karma, another ancient group that focused on one's inner purity, had to stop them in an all out war. Thinking it was just some silly folklore, Fred packed and went there on his (rented) car.

As Fred entered the Halls, he felt something different around him, suddenly the outside was filled with ruins of a village and had all sorts of old equipment. Dismissing it, he went on and took pictures of the strange markings on the wall. As he went deeper into the halls, he found a huge circle with markings placed on the floor. He stood in the middle of it to take a good photo of himself but then suddenly, the markings started to glow and a Fred felt a massive surge in his body, then he started to transform into a red beast with huge arms and claws, protective skin and black markings. In this form, he lashed out at his surroundings, further breaking the structures around him but as he punched holes on walls, he saw more of the world outside, it was different, he saw structures that weren't there when he first entered, Fred realized that the moment he entered the hall, he was no longer in his own timeline, the entrance was imbued with a curse that takes the person who enters it back to when the Atra fell. This triggered the Karma's counter-seal, which not only bound him while in his demonic form but sealed him away in the Atra's former prison.

Fred, with his newfound power, gained his own thirst for more...

How did you get sealed in the first place: The Karma's seal got him.
What do you plan on doing once you are free: He'd just go on to live a life of freedom where no one can stop him.
Other: Fred likes eating oranges when in his beast form. When human, he looks like your typical secretary but wearing a damaged polo shirt and jeans(you're not gonna see human Fred much). As a fiend, he's humanoid, red, has large arms with claws, feet that are a bit small, his body is covered in black markings that also cover his eyes and he has a shell-like skin covering his neck and a portion of his back.

And yes, I know all of this sounds silly and doesn't make any sense.

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 7/19/2014 8:42:50 >
DF AQW  Post #: 17
7/15/2014 5:27:58   
Bastet

Could I be reserved a spot?

@Lemonus Did you write that with Corporate Dr. Mundo in mind from League of Legends? Because that's what I was thinking of when I read your bio xD
Post #: 18
7/15/2014 5:32:13   
Lemonus

^What? No, I quit LoL long ago :p
DF AQW  Post #: 19
7/15/2014 6:08:59   
megakyle777

Batest: I will reserve you a spot.

Lemonus: I'm sort of torn on this one to be honest. I'm not against joke chracters, but something about it seems off to me. i guess I don't find the joke of working guy turned demon funny. Also, the arena looks WAY too bland. liven it up a bit. As for if I'll allow it... like I said I'm torn. part of me wants to but part of me does not. Describe his appearance and I'll let that be the deal maker/breaker.
DF  Post #: 20
7/15/2014 9:54:26   
Lemonus

Banned because Fixed the arena and included his appearance on the Other.

He's not enrirely a joke character, he's more of a poor sap that got involved in this mess while on vacation

But hey if you don't like it I can go whip up another one.

@v
I would do far worse than this one if Mega isn't iffy about joke chars.

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 7/15/2014 10:01:39 >
DF AQW  Post #: 21
7/15/2014 9:59:18   
Chazero

If I wanted to make a joke character, mine would have been FAR worse. Let's say it had to do with a number and towels.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
7/15/2014 10:10:47   
megakyle777

Hrrrrm... I think I'll let it go. Accepted Lemonus, though I expect you to do some cool things with the human form too. Also, expand just a tiny bit on the holes that lead to underwater. Can a man fit through them in a time of need, because it could give the foe a advantage. I want the holes to stay there, I'm just wondering on size and what could fit through to get to the slightly safer underwater bit.
DF  Post #: 23
7/15/2014 11:41:19   
Bastet

Is there an approximate ETA as to when this game would begin?
Because I'm going to leave for the seaside the 25th and I won't have much of a stable internet connection there.
Post #: 24
7/15/2014 14:26:05   
Lemonus

About the holes, they're as big as, say, a large curved table. And there's atleast 3 of them.

So yeah, a normal guy can fit in there. Big bads would have a bit of trouble(unless, of course, they "expand" it).

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 7/15/2014 14:27:30 >
DF AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> Rise Of The Boss Monsters OOC
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition