Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Faming

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Faming
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/17/2014 15:19:53   
uria9

Sometimes i wish the ignore button is permanent because if someone ask me to fame, i'm pretty sure i wan't to cut off communication completely with that person forever. Fame does the opposite of what it was built to do. It serves no purpose to the gameplay and you don't actually become famous. It's a feature that is used to label how annoying you are and how much you can BEG for attention imo. It's just another feature that encourage spamming. After playing countless online games, i'm 99999999% sure it's clear by now that chat spamming is unacceptable. As you all know, trying to promote someone so he/she can gain attention is also acceptable on this forum and yet we still have this faming feature, isn't that a bit hypocritical? If the devs doesn't want to get rid of this feature that encourage spamming the chat (which is unacceptable in the gaming industry), what can they do about it? Discuss.

< Message edited by uria9 -- 7/17/2014 15:26:17 >
Post #: 1
7/17/2014 15:23:42   
Bagofbricks

make it more like influence
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/17/2014 15:23:49   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Fame Game
Lately, we've been seeing more and more people abusing Fame. This is unfortunate as the feature has not served the purpose we originally intended. Our plan to address this issue is to remove Fame from the character page to an in-game system. Since our plate already overflows with Lionhart content, we may not have time make the transition this week. We apologize that fixing this has not been a priority, but we believe that moving this feature in-game will greatly reduce the amount of Fame harassment and exploitation to make it the fun and engaging system we always hoped it would be.

http://epicduel.artix.com/gamedesignnotes/lionhart-cometh-3951
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
7/17/2014 15:29:38   
uria9

@Trans

That still doesn't fix the problem,because the only people who uses fame in the first place are mostly people who play this game. Meaning the majority of the problem already function within the in-game system. The main problem here is chat spamming, which is exactly what the fame system is.
Post #: 4
7/17/2014 19:49:15   
Mother1

@ ur1a9

His point is they are going to do something about it. Also even if they did blocks guess what? people will find ways around them just like they do with cursing. It will be obvious when someone is asking/begging for fame so nothing will happen if you block the words.
Epic  Post #: 5
7/18/2014 5:42:08   
Remorse

I think they should change the name of "fame" to "honorable opponent"

Then only offer a button to increase the opponents "honorable opponent" amount in battle. (1 per battle)

Basically it should become a feature similar to league of legends honor system,

Where by it encourages good behavior in battles as to get an "Honor" point.

Another bonus of this is that it will also be given the reputation of not asking for it as the honor system in league works so that if you asked to be honored you generally end up having less chance of actually being honored.

So not only would this discourage people to ask, it would also encourage good behavior in battles. (saying GG etc.)

Perhaps they could have multiple Honor for the opponent which is click-able in the Victory/Defeat screen in the position your opponent was standing.

Other honor ideas could be,

-Honorable Opponent
-Worthy Opponent
-Friendly Opponent

And like wise they could also add a post game report feature there as well such as

-Inappropriate Language
-Spamming
-Verbal Abuse

etc.
Epic  Post #: 6
7/18/2014 9:09:41   
Drianx

quote:

Fame Game
Lately, we've been seeing more and more people abusing Fame. This is unfortunate as the feature has not served the purpose we originally intended. Our plan to address this issue is to remove Fame from the character page to an in-game system.

Well... if the feature has failed serving the initial purpose, why not removing it completely?
I mean really, they removed a paid feature - enhancements - but, on the other hand, decide to keep this?
I can understand why they implemented Fame in the first place (to advertise Epicduel across social networks), but what is the benefit of in-game fame?
Is there ANY benefit at all?
Hardly.

Seriously, scrap it. No one will miss it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
7/18/2014 23:43:29   
Pemberton

Fame is okay. Can be annoying with f4f spamming but its harmless.
A real problem is botting since the captcha was deleted and everyone using a Str build and bot easily by striking.
Post #: 8
7/19/2014 19:06:15   
  Grixus Faldor

As this thread exists for the express purposes of complaint, rather than any constructive criticism or feedback, I am locking the thread. For your reference, please familiarise yourselves with the rules regarding Constructive Criticism.

quote:

Constructive Criticism

• What is it?
    Constructive criticism is being able to process and offer your own thoughts and opinions in order to give courteous and friendly feedback. This is done by explaining what you like and dislike, while at the same time providing feedback that is useful. This is what separates constructive feedback from ranting/complaining and flaming.

• Does it help? How?
    Yes! Constructive criticism helps because not only are you giving feedback about what you don't like about a quest/event, but you're also giving feedback about what you DID like in the quest. Feedback could include on such topics as statistics, more dialogue, more explanatory cutscenes, more fights - everything that quests or events would normally include. This gives the game staff a better idea on future improvements.

• Example of Constructive Criticism:
    "I didn't partularly like this war because it felt too empty. To have made it better, I think the staff could have had a 50% cutscene to unlock rather than just a shop to progress the storyline. As it was, I personally was a little dissapointed that this war felt more rushed than previous wars, however I do understand that the staff had a lot on their plate when making this release.
    That said, I greatly enjoyed the boss fight, the animations and art fit perfectly with the song that was playing in the background. So while not one of the best wars DF have done, I still enjoyed it. Thank you, DF staff!"

• Example of Unconstructive Criticism:
    "I didn't like this war at all. What were the staff thinking? The items in the shop were ugly, overpriced and were bugged!! No cutscene? That was never done before and it is not how it should be done ever. Seriously, doesn't the staff ever listen to us?! The boss fight was too hard and took forever to beat :( And there was no sound. I dont think the staff even care anymore. Best war ever /sarcasm I hate this game D:<!"
  • AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Faming
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition