Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Hidden Loses Aftermath

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Hidden Loses Aftermath
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/28/2014 2:42:54   
Yo son

I think some of you might be missing the point . Human beings are competitive by nature, and many gamers dwell on the competitive aspect of a game.

In many games the amount of time invested in mulitplayer greatly overshadows the amount of time invested in its campaign counter part.

Please tell show me the competitive aspect of this game? the LB does not count because since it is over 24 hours, it becomes a matter of time. Not only this the LB is also limited to a few people and therefore does not grant the gratification to its entire player base.
Post #: 76
7/28/2014 2:58:41   
Mother1

@ Yo son

The staff already made several competitive scarifies to make the complaining masses happy. One example is giving both sides tiered rewards in war 2.0. Originally this wasn't happening, however people complained about not getting rewarded for their work. As a result they gave up to competitive part of the war so that those players no matter what will get reward. Heck the way they did it was that as long as you don't get the top tiered prize on the winning side, the losing side can come out on top of you because you won't get the exclusive war prize even if you are on the winning side.

This was the first sacrifice made to keep the player base.

Now thanks to those who didn't like the idea of being harassed about their records just because they weren't as good as others due to immature players those getting harassed suggested removing loses to put an end to this. Also this isn't the first time this was suggested. I remember seeing this being suggested way before omega but it was never put into play. So this isn't the first time some people choose less harassment over competitiveness.

As I said before while I feel bad for those innocent people who had lost that a few bad apples in this case those immature players who wouldn't quit harassing people about their records spoiled it for the whole bunch. Had those players never been harassing people the players here would have never suggested this idea to begin. Cause remember it was the players who suggested his idea not the staff.
Epic  Post #: 77
7/28/2014 3:06:48   
Silver Sky Magician

I think that hiding losses has actually enhanced competitiveness. Previously, many players who lost sleep over their win/loss ratios chose not to PvP at all for fear of lowering them. Now they can play for the sheer fun of winning without anxiety.
Post #: 78
7/28/2014 4:06:19   
Noobatron x3000

^ lol from about 6am gmt till 4pm gmt you can't play on a 40 unless your willing to roll the dice as most of your fights will consist of 3 40s and 1 36-40 in 2v2 .

That's a whopping 8 hours of the day atleast where one side is getting a massive advantage and one side royally screwed because of how low the player base is , I haven't been back long after a major break and I'm already close to retirement again this game isn't playable pvp wise.

If you get past the mis matches and terri bad balance , you face the same strength and hp build again and again . Population shrinking bad balance and still people choose to make things even worse using the samer builds, driving more players away, Just cause the devs refuse to nerf clearly op builds, use restraint the games survival depends on it!
Post #: 79
7/28/2014 6:53:00   
Silver Sky Magician

STR builds are fine, I beat them all the time with my 5 focus build.

Legendary ranks on the other hand are what's causing this horrible situation. I have no idea how the devs can be so shortsighted - replacing the enhancement system entirely with cores and then essentially reinstating it at level 40. Are they too busy to think?
Post #: 80
7/28/2014 7:12:38   
Gold Shock

quote:

STR builds are fine, I beat them all the time with my 5 focus build.

I have to agree on this one. I am a level 40 Mercenary Rank 3 with a 5 Focus Surgical/Bunker build & I have been able to hold my own for the most part. I have beat some rank 30+'s. Some classes easier than others, but yes' ranks are the only reason people use these builds. I shake my head every time I lose too one. If this game was still in beta/gamma engine it would be a whole different story. I'd have a nice 90% win rate like the old days. The strategy itself makes me bitter inside. But this games all about different approaches and strategies. You will need to try, try, try, & try again to counter these builds.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 81
7/29/2014 0:49:22   
kosmo

Yo son is right...All the competitive aspect is gone, on leaderboards there are players and faction that have been inactive for 3 years, no hardcore factions or players around anymore.
Epic  Post #: 82
8/3/2014 18:10:05   
edwardvulture

quote:

I think that hiding losses has actually enhanced competitiveness. Previously, many players who lost sleep over their win/loss ratios chose not to PvP at all for fear of lowering them. Now they can play for the sheer fun of winning without anxiety.

Great point! I started playing my CH again right after losses got omitted. ofc, I'd still like the "battle tracker" idea I came up with that would give players the choice to completely erase any trace of their losses and track win %' achievements.

Also, competitiveness in a pvp will always go down when player count goes down as well, simple as that.

Because of the new changes to the war, a casual player like me won't even participate in the war anymore.
quote:

This was the first sacrifice made to keep the player base.

(referring to adding tiered rewards and removing the flat reward for the war)
I'm pretty sure the player base got even lower. It basically took the incentive away from casual players to participate in the war because 150 influence is such an easier number than whatever it is now. A lot of updates have killed off casual players.

It starts with balance, 1 or 2 build options for every class simply isn't enough to keep players who want to see non-repetitive strategy and variety. Even casual players desire those things, I really don't get the difference between grinding for wins and competing in this game. Competition should require deep thinking and adaptability but most builds people use have been done before and nothing unexpected happens. It has gotten to the point where I can predict my opponent's moves with 80% accuracy for the majority of the battle even after not playing for a really long time.

< Message edited by edwardvulture -- 8/3/2014 18:11:36 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 83
8/4/2014 2:37:20   
Pemberton

Instead of trying to fix gameplay balance, devs tried to just hide it. Backfired and look at the player base now.
Post #: 84
8/4/2014 4:55:49   
Remorse

^ Exactly,

It is pretty much clear to everyone now that they need to do some MAJOR and consistent balance changes if they wish to fix the game.

And this shouldn't just be buffs and nerfs...

When build variety consists of small variations in cores and builds either STR, focus, or a tank spam then their is obvious issues from the start.

Variety in picking skills and cores should be much larger, and I don't mean the number of them, I mean the number of VIABLE options.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 8/4/2014 5:02:21 >
Epic  Post #: 85
8/4/2014 9:54:42   
lionblades

Many builds died after Omega (passive to active)...support mercs and tech caster mages died out (nerfs etc). Even the all mighty tank TLM is dead...because it just cant tank without passives anymore
If only Omega had build variety and core variety....I want to play as L40 support merc in 2vs2 like the old days but its just horrible now.
AQW  Post #: 86
8/4/2014 10:03:14   
Remorse

^ Agreed,

But I still think we can make the passive to active change work.

They just need to focus on resolving the issues it made which changed the system.

If they are short on ideas here is one I have been hoping for them to look at: Stamina Points
Epic  Post #: 87
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Hidden Loses Aftermath
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition