Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Blood Commander: Useless or Usefull?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Blood Commander: Useless or Usefull?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/20/2014 18:04:07   
Gold Shock

As many of you know the skill Blood Commander was released for the Mercenary Class. It functions exactly the same as Field Commander, with a small change: Blood Commander allows the target to have a temporary mini Blood Lust effect. Even though TLM has Field Commander, at the moment, it's "balanced" (I mean, it is, but really, poision TLMs are way too popular). In this post, I will explain the skill and its limits.

First things First: the energy cost of the skill. Like I said before, the energy cost of Blood Commander is exactly the same as Field Commander: ( 11 energy at level 1, at level 2 it's 12 energy, 3, 13, and so on). This secures the fact that the only advantage Blood Commander has over Field is that there is health regain. In return, this shows that BC is a buff to Mercenaries to help them out over their UPedness, although it is a small buff.

Now for the rate of regain.
I vaguely remember a few days before the release of BC on the ED Forums, someone was complaining about how BC would make mercenaries OPed (Hun King). Well, even fully maxed Blood Commander does not compare to a maxed Blood Lust. ( speaking for the semi-varium mercenaries) The rate of health regain at level 1 Blood Commander is 5%. WOW. Meanwhile, max BC is 15%. You can guess that for every level, BC health regain rate goes up 1%, making it still essentially useless. I mean, it lasts for 4 turns, and the health regain is incredibly low. Since it's only there for 4 turns, I say a max BC should be 25%, but that might lead to Strength Mercenaries, which i might say has already happened. For the old timers :(remember, the initial release of the Cyber Shillelagh- Str Mercs everywhere). What about 20%? Let's not forget to mention it's a waste of a turn.

The release of Blood Commander brought new attention & diversity to strength builds. A few more are popping up, however; no one has hit a great build that deserves to be copied. As it is, the tank merc is still the best build available for the majority of the mercenary population these days.

So my fellow Mercs, Go on like nothing happened. If you remember old str merc before this, rejoice at *the tiny rate of regain but who cares, it's a buff*. If you had a successful tank of any sort, go on. BC isn't exactly the savior of the Mercenaries. It looks like the devs are experimenting with the Mercenary, and I want to stay to watch.

-Gold Shock
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/20/2014 18:21:34   
Mother1

Actually IIRC blood commander got a buff with the HP regain so it is returning way more than just 15%. In fact I have seen some threads where people wanted it nerfed due to believing it was overpowered.
Epic  Post #: 2
7/20/2014 18:30:21   
Gold Shock

quote:

Actually IIRC blood commander got a buff with the HP regain so it is returning way more than just 15%. In fact I have seen some threads where people wanted it nerfed due to believing it was overpowered.

Ah yes! I totally looked past this. Thank you mother. Idk, I just really think the benefits it has for a 5 focus build are outweighed by a High HP STR build.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
7/20/2014 18:32:49   
DeathGuard

I have seen several builds exploit Blood Commander's usefulness and not necessarily all were strength based builds.
I will share some experience with this sort of skills.
People tend to think that maxing out a certain skill improves their efficiency but that's not true in all cases.
e.g. My build is a tank BH and one of my high offensive skills is my debuff Smoke. I can say most people assume that by having a high smoke that does -36 dex, I will spam Mark Of Blood but I don't. I use a lvl 2 Mark of Blood and why is that? I have seen most people tend to get lower defenses (except some part of the Dex Caster TMs) and I return the hp needed to counter strength based builds most of the times because their low defenses permit me to deal more damage which increases my hp regain. Other skill I tend to use is a lvl 4 Stun Grenade which most of the times deal poor damage but with rage, it has proven to be a lifesaver since it stuns and deals a high amount of damage and I have no necessity to max it out for it to work.

Something interesting about Blood Commander, is that if the skill is debuffed by Azrael Aux's core, the strength boost decreases but the hp regain remains as the initial and that's a pro against other buff skills of other classes.

I have a lvl 32 merc who uses a lvl 3 Blood Commander and tends to approach it since it enhances some skills like Atom Smash and helps me regain energy to heal and keep counterattacking my foes.

In conclusion, I have found Blood Commander to be useful in my opinion.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
7/20/2014 18:51:04   
Gold Shock

quote:

I have a lvl 32 merc who uses a lvl 3 Blood Commander and tends to approach it since it enhances some skills like Atom Smash and helps me regain energy to heal and keep counterattacking my foes.

I like that strategy a lot. I don't like relying on the skill necessarily though. By that, I mean it shouldn't be required for me to kill someone EVERY match. It seems like more of boost factor or for those oh **** moments.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/20/2014 19:13:15   
santonik

Damage to the amount of how much you get back to HP.

Support: This affects (directly) how much damage you can get the HP to back.

High support the players get so much HP to back.
Need to take into account the damage to the Making!!

High STR players make their nature, hard damage.
Need to take a number of huoioon support!!

These two things together make this (blood commander) heal a good impression.

This requires high STR and high-SUP function. The drawback of repeated blocks / deflections. But Criticals is on your side.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This blood commander skill is really strong if you know how to use the benefits of benefit.

really high SUPPORT player gets this skill nice benefits. try and be surprised.
Epic  Post #: 6
7/20/2014 22:42:28   
kaiseryeux21

I didint find blood comander useless or useful, but i find it Over powered. 200 energy for a level 10 skill that does DUAL benefits, (Additional Damage, and HP regain). Not even intimidate can supersede it (unless u are using an extremely high support which only few people used). Blood commander is a must have skill for Mercenary regardless if u are using high str or focus. Anybody that says BC is useless is definitely a novice.
DF Epic  Post #: 7
7/21/2014 1:34:16   
GearzHeadz

A skill that is cheaper than mark of blood, stronger, and gives str? I'm gonna say useful.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
7/21/2014 3:01:54   
Remorse

I think a big problem not just with blood commander,

But to all shields/stat boosts/robot effects that don't damage the opponent, is that all these skill effectively cost a whole turn which can be a big sacrifise to make.

Let's take a look at what you sacrifice when you do not use and attack for a turn:

-No rage gained
-No damage dealt to the opponent allowing them to increase the gap of damage dealt
-Benefits of the skipped turn can often easily be countered such as with the azreal gear

In my opinion all build styles that like to use these styles of moves should be given more variety cores to help improve their play-style and make them more competitive.

Their are many way they can do this for example:

-A amour passive core that gives 10% of the users max rage when not using an attack.
-An armor passive core that enhances the next attack whenever the user does not use an attack the turn before.

-A big feature change similar to rage but work sort of the opposite way around (benefits those that don't attack) called meditation, a feature I made along time ago:
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20945288

Etc.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 7/21/2014 3:03:09 >
Epic  Post #: 9
7/21/2014 4:46:21   
King Bling

quote:

Something interesting about Blood Commander, is that if the skill is debuffed by Azrael Aux's core, the strength boost decreases but the hp regain remains as the initial and that's a pro against other buff skills of other classes.

@DeathGuard To correct you, the hp regain also decreases and does not remain same.
Post #: 10
7/21/2014 15:12:01   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Blood commander is a skill of Mercenary and as such should only be discussed in the =ED= Official Mercenary Balance Discussion Thread.
~Locked Therril Oreb
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Blood Commander: Useless or Usefull?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition