Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Fatigue

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Fatigue
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/21/2014 10:19:16   
The berserker killer

How about we add a new feature called "Fatigue". The more you swing your primary & the longer the match carrys on the weaker you get (STR wise) however the more support you have = the longer you can swing your primary and carry on the match without your str decreasing as fast.

I am against nerfing but I am all for adding new features
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
7/22/2014 22:19:43   
  Exploding Penguin

Actually a really cool idea, so supported.

How about the fatigue only affects your primary weapon and skills that use it though? Your sidearm's damage really shouldn't be affected since it already has a decent cooldown rate.
Epic  Post #: 2
7/22/2014 23:05:16   
DeathGuard

This idea doesn't looks bad but they could some counterbacks that could be presented depending on the answer of this questions I will list.

• At which rate percent would the damage of the swings would decrease?
  • Would some skills/cores would decrease the rate percent faster or slower?
  • Will it start to decrease slowly even if you haven't swinged yet? Given the logic since not only striking gives you fatigue.
  • Will it would have a limit of how much your swing damage percent would decrease?
  • Would they will be any sort of regaining your swing damage percent? Like using Field Medic could restore a certain percentage since when you heal, it relieves tension, and most of the times fatigue from your body.

Will wait for your feedback for further feedback on this suggestion.

• AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
    7/23/2014 1:12:01   
    Remorse

I actually really like this concept,

It has great potential if made right!

Similarly though concept of Stamina Points., I made would also have a similar effect however this concept may be easier to implement, but stamina does help with a lot more issues other then striking.

Fatigue could work like this,

The first strike is normal (100%)

After that strike the next strike becomes 90% damage, but recovers 10% each turn that they do not strike.

So if they Strike first, the next strike after that would be 90% damage, or if they wait another turn before striking it would become 100% strike damage again.

If they strike again at say 90% damage the next strike would be 80% damage ( staking additively 10% damage reduction each strike which recovers at 10% per turn the player doesn't strike)

This effectively discourages strike spamming but doesn't prevent STR from being powerful rather makes it counter-able.

Perhaps Strikes used in the form of skills (such as assimilation) would only reduce 5% damage rather then 10% of a normal strike, and skills that enhance a strike (such as bludgeon) could fatigue at 15% rather then 10% of a normal strike)

What do you guys think of it working like this?

< Message edited by Remorse -- 7/23/2014 1:21:23 >
    Epic  Post #: 4
    7/23/2014 1:35:42   
    Mother1

@ remorse

I can agree with this on strike due to it having no cooldown or energy cost, however every other move in the game has some sort of cooldown. So unlike strike they can't be spammed. Penalizing moves with cooldown outside of omega override or intimidate would be a bit too much.

As for this idea itself I can support this. Strike builds as they are now have way too much power due to the fact they can just keep unleashing their strength and if you aren't a strength build you have little to no way of competing after your resources are drained. This idea could help with this problem.
    Epic  Post #: 5
    7/23/2014 12:58:57   
    The berserker killer

Hey guys, sorry it took me so long to reply...,I love your comments! I was just throwing ideas out there but it really looks like you guys like the idea.

Well I really had two ways that this might work. The first way is really just % based and I'll try to explain it but it might get confusing. The second way will be implementing a "Stamina" bar that will be visible to all players. I love the latter but I will try to explain the first....

First way
    @exploding penguin: Yes, that is what I initially had in mind when I typed up this thread. I saw that alot of people were complaining about the spammable Strike Button and delivering over 560 primary damage with no cool down whatsoever and since the idea of putting a cool down on strike is debatable then I created this as an alternative. So yes, fatigue should really just affect your primary weapon HOWEVER fatigue should have a standard decreased percentage because, logically speaking, you're taking hits an entire match. After all, doesn't take much energy to fire a gun or an aux.

@Deathguard: As far as %s goes I can not say anything in full confidence because I really just play the game. I'm not a huge analyzer with % knowledge on new/upcoming skills/ideas that may be implemented. If I were to offer my opinion though then I would say that the more Primary Str you have the greater you are affected by the fatigue since you are swinging with such force.

@Remorse: I like that idea! I'm not really good with %s so I try to not get in to stuff like that when it comes to balance but I that doesn't look bad. I like 10% of your weapon dmg, but what's the base damage or do you like the idea of the base damage having no limit too? Either way, 450 primary strike won't hurt anyone.

@Mother1: Yea your post is the one I saw that led me to think of an alternative.

Fight Scenario ROUGH example: Player 1 has 450 Primary Str, Player 2 has 570 primary strength. Now if these 2 players were to strike the entire match then Player 1s primary damage would decrease by about 6 points a round and gain 2 points every round he does not use strike. Player 2 on the other hand will lose something like 12 points a round on his primary and gain 4 for every round he does not strike. This is just an example of how I would make it and honestly I think it would be an amazing feature for medic if it restored fatigue back to normal or at least 50% of fatigue. Fatigue points are based off of your normal str so if it began taking 12 points then it will continue taking 12 points throughout the remainder of the match if you were to strike for an entire match.

Really simplified second way I would go about implementing fatigue (Recommended):

Have a Stamina Category implemented right under Focus. Your stamina increases with Support and it affects how much your primary weapon damage will decrease by however it decreases by you Physically moving across the screen (strike, double strike, zerk, massacre, cheap shot, assimilation etc) and by you taking hits. Someone with minimum support in a 2v2, in my opinion, will last maybe 3 rounds until strike becomes completely useless. Someone with 50 support might last 15 rounds so the stamina gauge will be steep. When the match starts each player can see the other players stamina gauge, medic will replenish 50% of the stamina gauge, the less support you have the faster your primary str depletes (no limit)...

once again, I suck with numbers but this is a place where we can all talk about ideas together to reach a consensus

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 7/23/2014 13:03:20 >
    AQ DF Epic  Post #: 6
    7/24/2014 11:49:27   
    Remorse

^ that does seem overly complex when you try to put formulas to it.

Maybe they should start with working how I said before.

10% damage reduction is refering to the primary damage figure on the sats on the left,, so you take 10% off that then everthing acts as if the new number is the actual primary damage.

So it is calculated before defences.
    Epic  Post #: 7
    7/24/2014 12:31:02   
    Ilovesquab
    Banned

this is a really silly idea. I think the op make it to buff his/her class.

You are telling me if arnold (for ex) with all his pumped muscles uses strike with strength he will wear down fast compared to a player with less strength using the same weapon ?

Basically strength should determine how many strikes you can do before you get fatigued. Why support.

Support is meant to support you in fight, like it does now buffing sheilds. Not support this idea.

It shd be more strength more damage more stamina to strike. So if u have 45 strength you get tired holding weapon you loose effectiveness on ur primary damage and not the other way arnd.

I am cyber, i am strength cause static no work ok. No make my class more useless with this silly idea.
    Post #: 8
    7/24/2014 12:37:16   
    Remorse

At the same time though the stronger person would also hit harder,

In fact both Str types would hit as hard as they can so it makes perfact sense for them to fatigue the same.

This suggestion doesn't fatigue those with less STR any less(at least it shouldn't ) it just fatigues those who strike, and those who strike more should get more of a disadvantage in this sense

< Message edited by Remorse -- 7/24/2014 12:41:19 >
    Epic  Post #: 9
    7/24/2014 23:02:34   
    The berserker killer

That's exactly my point Remorse! This will result in q huge change so I don't really expect ED to implement it however at least it gives us something to talk about Squab. I'm really sorry you feel that way, I was just offering alternatives to suggestions such as giving strike a cool down or letting strike only deal your swords dmg-how much str you have, etc. I don't mean to buff my class.
    AQ DF Epic  Post #: 10
    7/24/2014 23:42:19   
    Ilovesquab
    Banned

my name is not squab ok. I eat squab. Pls no call me that thk u. You play cyber ? No ok ? You play 5 focus u get like 40 energy back ok. I go 110 + 35 str i get 175 energy for heal lvl 1. My def low i get block deflect i loose so much, i use max poison u cure with lvl q heal so claw useless. All blood mage use@lvl 3 intimidate and do -40 this is useless. Cyber sucks. Really useless class. This suggestion more useless and make cyber weak. Can rmove this class n give us refund ok ? Cause i saw buff static they say it OP. This sad, me very sad
    Post #: 11
    7/25/2014 8:19:58   
    The berserker killer

No offense but you guys have like 7 unblockable attacks.... I went that class for 1 dayand I went 400-18. That class is simply amazing. If you need help then I would be glad to help you with builds though.
    AQ DF Epic  Post #: 12
    7/25/2014 8:39:38   
    Ilovesquab
    Banned

make a build and kill seeva with a cyber and i will give you a 50$ worth ultimate game card if you kill it. I want a video link of the win.
    Post #: 13
    7/25/2014 9:05:03   
    One Winged Angel1357

@Ilovesquab you cannot base the power of a class based on the scale of one NPC. You have to balance it on the scale of every NPC and PvP. If you cannot beat Seava but you can pull an amazing win rate then buffing the class to beat lionhart will more than likely make the class the flavor of the month build with the only fix being to remove it's ability to beat lionhart.

Now if you listen to your fellow Cyber Hunters and just put that mission on hold because it is not rare you will be fine.

@OP I do like the idea of Fatigue. No clue how possible it is to implement but it makes sense that if you are putting your all into doing a strike that your all will slowly go down until your pooped
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Fatigue
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition