Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Same Skills Yet Different

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Same Skills Yet Different
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/21/2014 19:14:33   
Darkforce832

There are many shared Skills throughout ED and its classes, I would like to see this changed. This change would involve Skill name, the Skill icon, and the Skills Animation. The requirements such as Energy Cost, Improves With, Stat Required etc would stay as is. The three starter classes will stay the same, though the Evolved classes will have these changed Skills. One important thing that also needs to be done is literally separating shared Skills, in order to better "balance" updates in the future.

This change to Skills does not effect the current Skills as they are now except for appearance on Evolved Classes. Yet at the same time when a "balance" update comes the Devs will not have to worry about effecting two classes when an issue with a Skill comes up.

An Example: The Skill "Overload" is available to Tech Mages and Blood Mages. Tech Mages "Overload" will stay exactly the same as it is now. Blood Mages will have a simuler "Overload" but will have a different Skill name, Skill Icon color or design, and Skill Animation color or design. If the Devs ever planned to change/balance Overload it would only effect Tech Mages, and if they planned to change Blood Mages "Overload 2" it would only effect Blood Mages.
Post #: 1
7/22/2014 1:02:37   
Remorse

I think it would be better if they kept them similar not completely the same,

Give them a new name, and perhaps change what they improve with.

For example, Cyber hunters malfunction could have a new name called, something like Short Circuit, which reduces technology exactly the same way as malfunction,

It may also improve with a different skill such as dexterity or it could stay the same and improve with support.

It's important when balancing these skills that they don't simply nerf one without making any difference to how it works.

The skill shouldn't have a defined exact better version,

For example if they wanted to nerf the damage of say bludgeon for pesky blood mages but it was fine on tech mages, then they need to make a change to the blood mages one to make it not comparably worse, for example they could nerf the damage on it but then also reduce the energy cost.

I fear if they do this change which I do support, that they will make versions of skills for classes outright better or worse with no uncompareable difference.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 7/22/2014 1:03:32 >
Epic  Post #: 2
7/31/2014 8:52:00   
Darkforce832

I do see that they could make the second version of a Skill significantly worse or better then before, but I don't think they would do that without a very good reason to. My reason for this suggestion is to spare a class sorro if Devs need to make a change to a Skill. If they really wanted to they still could change both the old version skill and new version skill if it was needed.

This just gives Devs less worry about shared Skills ruining or overpower a second class unintentionally, and evolved classes something new to look at.
Post #: 3
7/31/2014 12:08:44   
Remorse

^ Yes I understood it's potential benefits and supported,

but we have to be very specific with how things should be implemented,

The current trend on the forums is to blame the current state of the game on player suggestions when in most cases it's the implementation changes of these suggestion that are harming the game.

For example, Players asked for increased level caps/ content for the maxed level, as a result they implemented Legendary ranks which cause massive power gap issues and unfair advantages.

Was it the suggestion that made this feature broken? or how it was implemented?
I hope the answer is as obvious to you guys as it is to me.

What I am trying to say is, try to fully map out your suggestions so that your intentions of it can't be misinterpreted,

For instance I only support your suggestion if the conditions for the suggestion I mentioned before are followed.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 7/31/2014 12:15:05 >
Epic  Post #: 4
8/7/2014 12:15:50   
edwardvulture

Passives made skills different. For example, a bm's overload had life steal while tms could regen energy and use it more often.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
8/7/2014 12:21:06   
Remorse

^ very true I guess this is also a big part in small variety also.
Epic  Post #: 6
8/7/2014 23:59:39   
Xendran

Passives were great.
The problem wasn't that they were "Must haves", its that they were on the same tree as everything else and there weren't enough of them to allow players to actually have a choice.
They could easily bring back a huge amount of the fun of this game by creating a dedicated passive tree with things that drastically change how you play your character (Like taking damage to mana, but converting all but 1 HP into mana).
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 7
8/8/2014 0:22:55   
Remorse

I agree if they can't make a separate passive tree they might be able to do something like my trinket idea in the suggestions page.

But I strongly agree that they need big impact passives useful to niche builds others include changing the cost of skills to hp but halving it

Another could be halve your base energy but allow you to regain 20% of the max per turn.

Epic  Post #: 8
8/8/2014 4:15:31   
edwardvulture

They can even make a passive that lowers the strength of your opponent. To be honest, they could make a lot more skills that are uniquely different but the time to balance them and put in the game is not something that the ED staff can do alone. Of course, if it works out, ED may resurge in popularity.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Same Skills Yet Different
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition