Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Focus suggestion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Focus suggestion
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/22/2014 8:12:55   
King Bling

Well i think this is a nice way to reduce strength spamming as well as giving focus a boost, not much but a little kinda...
So here is my suggestion,

As the focus increases from level 1 focus to level 5 focus, chances of dodge increase.

Now what is dodge, DODGE - Like the concept of block, dodge increases with focus, more the focus more the dodge maybe %age - wise, what dodge does is exactly the same as block but only occurs when the enemy uses ranged weapon, robot(depends on the robot). So for example there are 2 people A and B, where A is using strength build while B is 5 focus, then according to the %age of dodge, the person A uses his gun, then there maybe chances of B dodging the gun i.e 30 damage taken, exactly like block.

Now this is totally different from the concept of how deflection works, moreover dodge increases with focus, like focused ninjas, rogues can dodge ranged weapons etc,

roughly somewhat like this :-

Lvl 1 focus - 1% chance of dodge
Lvl 2 focus - 3% chances of dodge
Lvl 3 focus - 5% chances of dodge
Lvl 4 focus - 7% chances of dodge
Lvl 5 focus - 9% chances of dodge

maybe reduce or increase based on peoples thoughts, comments plz
Post #: 1
7/22/2014 8:49:54   
Remorse

quote:

Not supported,

I will say it again, buffing focus to be in par with STR will be detrimental to future balance of the game.

Focus builds have been just as overpowered as STR is currently.

We should be focusing on ways for ALL builds to counter STR not for one build to get an advantage.

Please stop trying to turn this game into a two build game, STR and focus. (directed at everybody keeps making these suggestions.)

Also countering with unreliable luck is also a bad way to do it,

Is it really a counter if you have a small potential to win with luck?
No..

I'd rather it didn't become more luck based.
Epic  Post #: 2
7/22/2014 11:58:29   
Mother1

Not a good idea for 2 reasons

1 This only works for focus builds not all builds which will be cutting diversity quite a bit
2 This idea is based off of luck meaning it could work too well or not well at all.

Luck while is it nice to have sometimes can also annoy the crap out people as well. Too much of it and their will be complaint threads about it which could cause unneeded balance changes.
Epic  Post #: 3
7/22/2014 22:30:00   
Stonehawk

Support should be boosted, not focus. Focus build will always have higher support than the strength + health ones. The problem is people ignoring the support stat to use it all in health. It always works because they still crit and start sometimes, and even when they don't, they have advantage for being able to hit repeatedly and rage faster in case of blocks.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
7/22/2014 22:37:34   
DeathGuard

I don't support this idea. As mentioned before by my fellow forumers, this idea just gives an edge to focus builds and this was a problem. Back in the past, focus gave you extra damage against your opponent not only robot damage bonus and many people abused this type of builds so it was nerfed.
Instead of players focusing on just one type of build, in this case strength, they would either use strength based builds or focus builds since those builds would have the edges over other builds.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Focus suggestion
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition