Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Real Talk: Epic Art, The Weapons of EpicDuel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Real Talk: Epic Art, The Weapons of EpicDuel
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/28/2014 9:52:36   
One Winged Angel1357

Thank you everyone who came out and commented in my last topic we are using your comments to improve future missions in EpicDuel including the ones we are writing right now!

Now the goal of these threads is to generate a constant stream of valid discussion so we can try and take them to whoever is lording over the EDGD at the time and ask to discuss things that are normally forbidden for conversation. Until then I'll make a thread every two weeks about the issues I see popping up in the forums.

This time the conversation piece is the constant supply of new weapons and the like being added to the game. I'm going to leave this as an incredibly vague topic because this could range from looks to cores for all I care.

Whatever you think is a point to discuss, that means anything if you were still confused by my horrible writing, leave it below and let's get this ball rolling
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/28/2014 21:26:08   
lionblades

Instead of a constant stream of weapons we need a constant stream of cores. Both would be nice but all weapons have the same stats so a big core selection is a must have for variety/counter-play. I only buy new gear, if I have a core ready to place. More emphasis should be put on cores, not gear (just don't rush). We only have 20 cores in Venbot and most are primary...there is still only 1 aux active core in Venbot after Omega was released.
AQW  Post #: 2
7/28/2014 21:39:26   
DeathGuard

@Lionblades: Thing about cores is that many parts of the different teams are needed to actually start the concept e.g. coders(programming), balancers(concept balanced wise), testers, and
artists( animations and the visual image of the core). Artists can't really have a say on this sort of things since the other teams are busy with other type of content most of the times.
Artists can't start their own core concepts without the approval because art won't work by itself.
It is similar to the case when players in-game rant to artists about why "we" aren't fixing the balance if we can. It isn't something that covers our area.
In the recent months, quite the amount of items are being done due to Artists being able to handle the animations, vectorizing and shading by their ownselves, sadly cores isn't something we can't really do by ourselves.
I don't think cores are in its totality part of ED's Art because most of the work is the programming and the balancing done to make them able to work but they still can be considered as some important factor to the game's diversity.

Just giving my own cents as a member of the ED Art team.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
7/28/2014 21:52:30   
lionblades

@DeathGuard
quote:

It is similar to the case when players in-game rant to artists about why "we" aren't fixing the balance if we can. It isn't something that covers our area.

I know. I am not expecting the artists to do everything, but I think we need more cores to supply the mass amount new weapons. That's all. I do see what you mean though :).
I just brought up the issues with cores because OWA said this could be a pretty broad topic:
quote:

I'm going to leave this as an incredibly vague topic because this could range from looks to cores for all I care.

< Message edited by lionblades -- 7/28/2014 22:06:57 >
AQW  Post #: 4
7/28/2014 22:00:26   
One Winged Angel1357

Yep and to bring this back to full range discussion I would like to ask any members of the guest team, myself included, to let this topic be run with a very hands off policy. We are here to listen to what the community thinks after all so our opinions can wait until the proper time.

And yes I did make it broad and even mention cores for this very reason
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/28/2014 22:37:37   
Pemberton

Weapons are very beautiful art but I'm just disappointed about the CORES. Devs make a big promise about new cores and gameplay.
OK lets see. After 1 year of omega. Only 1 active aux core, only 1 active gun core, only 2 active primary core, only 2 active armor core...
Ok there is others but they are rare. I mean, devs release 100's of weapons and 1's of cores...why so lazy?
Post #: 6
7/29/2014 2:51:31   
SupportadGuy

@Pemberton
quote:

devs release 100's of weapons and 1's of cores...why so lazy?

Devs are not lazy but there are not a lot of members on their staff so they just cant always be releasing new content as well
as the fact that cores require testing and a lot of coding not just ART...

P.s. Also some people dont like core because mostly they are a MUST in order to pvp so not EVERY ONE likes them

@Topic
I would like to see some more cores my self but SIMPLER looking ones... IMO
Also I would like more animations (that go along with swords and armors and maybe passive cores... E.g. when they had the cooler strike animation back in beta)

I know this creates lag but
if they would make a button to toggle them (I dont know if it is possible)
Then I think it would look pretty nice
Post #: 7
7/29/2014 3:06:47   
TRizZzCENTRINO

heee hee i would love more cores as well, much more variety and if there are many powerful cores ingame people wouldn't be forced to use only a particular type of core, they would be using those that would be able to work with their own build.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
7/30/2014 10:02:50   
Scyze

The shift in the Weapon designs aren't my type; I really liked the old style (Delta and before that period). Now all we see is everything being filled with gradient effects and things of metallic properties. Even the new NPC's IMO don't suit ED at all because of the way they are colored, but that's all my opinion.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
7/31/2014 20:34:38   
Mysterion.

If a discussion about cores is permitted here, I have 2 points that the devs have said during Omega release.

First of all, they said this:
quote:

Robots Core Slots will be locked when we go live, but it's likely in the future that we release bots with customizable specials

Yet nothing ever heard about that anymore.

And as a second point and very important point:
quote:

Core Installation
Now that I've brought my old, dusty armor up to the level cap, I think I'll increase my odds in battle by installing a Core. Each item has a passive and active Core slot. Some promo items have locked Cores preinstalled. These Cores cannot be replaced at this time, but we may offer removal of these locked Core in the future. It's hard to say at this point.

My personal opinion, this is something the devs need to focus at now, instead of designing new weapons that are coreless anyway.
Alot of weapons still have locked cores, and alot of those cores are sooooooooooooooooooo crappy that people do not use the weapons anymore.
This needs to change, it's been almost 1,5 years since they said this, and still no info given about this subject.

A good idea for this is, just like the inventory bank, to make a core bank where you can put your cores and draw them back if you want them on a weapon.

< Message edited by Mysterion. -- 7/31/2014 20:49:23 >
Epic  Post #: 10
8/1/2014 10:01:58   
kosmo

^Make a thread, so we can discuss this.
Epic  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Real Talk: Epic Art, The Weapons of EpicDuel
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition