Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

PvP: General Information

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds Guides >> Pending Guides >> PvP: General Information
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/1/2014 15:17:09   
Dracojan

Table of contents

1. Vocabulary/Abbreviations/Acronyms
2. Types of PVP and how to access all
3. Game mechanics
3.1 Damage types and Intellect shield
3.2 Attack/skill ranges
3.3 Mana regeneration
4. Useful information
5. PVP only items( Amulets/Medals) and misc( Scrolls, Potions, Tonics, Elixirs)
6. Rewards
7. FAQ
8. Credits

1. Vocabulary/Abbreviations/Acronyms

General

General Vocabulary/Abbreviations/Acronyms
PVP Specific

1v1/1v1pvp/duel/DA - Doom Arena
BB/FB/CB/8v8pvp/BGpvp - Bludrut brawl, frost brawl, chaos brawl, battleground pvp, up to 8v8 players pvp

2. Types of PVP and how to access all

Doom Arena 1v1 pvp - /join doomarena (in game menu -> more battles -> player vs player -> join doomarena) -> talk to Dumoose -> 1v1 strangers -> join pvp
You can also join a specific dueling arena directly by typing /join doomarena(a/b/c/d). example /join doomarenac.

Bludrut Brawl party pvp - /join bludrutbrawl (in game menu -> more battles -> player vs player -> join bludrutbrawl)
Alternatives are join chaosbrawl and frostbrawl

3. Game mechanics

3.1 Damage types and Intellect shield

There are 2 damage typers. Physical and magical. Each player has an intellect shield, which reduces magical dmg by a percentage based on the intellect of that player (class base stats + bonus stats from enhancements). As a general rule of thumb, magic classes are very resistant to magic damage while warrior classes are less resistant.

3.2 Attack/skill ranges

There are 4 main ranges in the game:
Melee range hits targets that are directly to the side of the player in a short range. No vertical range
Close range hits targets in melee range horizontally but also has vertical range.
Medium range hits enemies up to twice the melee range and has vertical range.
Long range hits targets at a very long range and has vertical range.
Chain skills can have extended ranges because a skill can bounce on multiple enemies and jump on enemies outside the max range of the skill.

3.3 Mana regeneration

Here is the mana regeneration Guide!

4. Useful information

5. PVP only items( Amulets/Medals) and misc( Scrolls, Potions, Tonics, Elixirs)

6. Rewards

7. FAQ

8. Credits

WIP

< Message edited by Dracojan -- 3/30/2016 4:47:32 >
DF  Post #: 1
8/1/2014 15:37:57   
Hardcastle McCormick

Looks like a legit start! PM me in-game or on Steam if there's any way I can help.

My only criticism so far is that the acronym list on the wiki doesn't include a lot of common PvP acronyms like "SZ" (safe zone).
You'll also want to include stuff like "pile" (for a group of players ganging up near a door).

I'm not entirely sure the AKs will let this one fly since they'll probably want it included in the official pvp guide, but maybe we can meld them together somehow.
AQW  Post #: 2
8/1/2014 17:39:00   
Dracojan

i went to get some food so i didnt add the pvp ones. they are coming later :D
also some more general ones are needed too.

< Message edited by Dracojan -- 8/1/2014 17:59:33 >
DF  Post #: 3
8/5/2014 10:25:26   
milt.wokfy

even though you didn't ofically start the guide i think its gonna be a good one, gonna check on here every now and then
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds Guides >> Pending Guides >> PvP: General Information
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition