Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

What happened to Faction Loyalty?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What happened to Faction Loyalty?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/2/2014 21:01:17   
Gold Shock

Since I have came back, I've seen COUNTLESS factions disbanded in a number of days. I witness multiple players in a new faction everyday. It seems people lack a sense of Pride for the faction they represent. Faction hopping is an everyday cycle at this point. Too make matters worse, the same faction founders/creators are bribing players with Varium. This in return, is causing drama between factions for stealing members. As some of you know, many promising factions such as : GenocideJoes, Dynamic Illusion, Insurgence, Impact, TDFW; are all dead in a matter of days.

So where does this problem stem from? No more per-player influence gain outside of wars? No Battle Tokens to donate for flags? No daily World Domination? So what exactly is good reason for members of a faction to stay. It hurts me every time inside to see a group of "friends" create a faction, and end up back stabbing each other at the conclusion of a day.

As a early beta player, I can compare & contrast old factions to current factions.... Simply put, there is a lack of team chemistry . I am proud to say I became a officer in Death Syndicate X. How you ask? Not being paid to be an officer. NO, i worked my way up and stayed loyal to the faction leader.

My point: LOYALTY is how true bonds & friendships are made

< Message edited by Gold Shock -- 8/15/2014 17:06:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
8/2/2014 22:31:22   
Mother1

Even before all this happened there was still bribing going on within the game. I have seen it happen, and in fact people in the past have bribed me to join their factions and this was well before the Dreaded war.

While I will agree war 2.0 changes hurt not only factions but the game in more ways than one, it isn't the true cause of this.

Some of the harmful changes made by this war was bring back Pay to win with world domination and War hero. It is very demoralizing for someone who has played nearly 24 hours working hard to go for these two cheevo's only for their hard word to be destroyed by some person who was online less than 10 minutes but has a ton of war bombs due to spending Varium. Things like this also make Varium bribery more appealing to some as well sadly.

But as for faction loyalty? Yeah I was a memeber of the Spartan warriors for almost 2 years before the faction's activity went down. Many people leave factions due to inactivity and with the way the game has been going I don't blame some of them.
Epic  Post #: 2
8/3/2014 11:54:07   
kosmo

I m a loyal player, but soon I ll be forced to go legion, because my faction is inactive and I want to win war...
Epic  Post #: 3
8/3/2014 12:59:42   
Gold Shock

quote:

I m a loyal player, but soon I ll be forced to go legion, because my faction is inactive and I want to win war...

Yeah, thats fine Kosmo. I speak in relation too people who switch factions multiple times on the same Alignment .
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
8/3/2014 13:12:11   
  Exploding Penguin

Lots of people are kinda selfish and faction hop so that they look better cause they're in a better faction, or for other very similar reasons. This is somewhat reflective of what goes on the forums: The community will never grow and become successful if the members of it are not willing to put in a little self-sacrifice.
Epic  Post #: 5
8/3/2014 18:46:31   
Mysterion.

quote:

forced

quote:

because I want to win

Logic?
You're not forced to go Legion, you are just obsessed with winning so you change.
Epic  Post #: 6
8/4/2014 2:36:07   
Pemberton

Faction was actually the best part of this game way back in Beta...but Devs never improved it after the silly HQ and War Turrets.
Faction competition started to die during delta when there was only 1 or 2 BIG factions who were only big in the first place
because they abused OP builds and bribe varium to the members. The last Great faction I seen was Death Syndicate X and Black Knights of Chaos.
Post #: 7
8/13/2014 20:44:29   
Vegafire

Im sorry to tell you but as an early Beta player myself Pemberton, faction loyalty was always there, yes there were overpowered builds and only a few large factions but us smaller ones still had a chance, it was anybodys game aslong as you were willing to spend time on it, even this bribery rarely occured most of the varium related talk was people trying to scam other players in order to gain access to their accounts, now it is just faction hopping, yes i myself have been in 3-4 factions in the past two weeks but because they kicked me, not because i left or was inactive.

Epicduel needs another everyday event to take place in which factions participate in order to not only stabalise the ammount of people jumping arround but to interest people in playing again, epicduel had its largest playerbase when the daily faction flags and other events were taking place and i dont actually see why they were removed
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
8/15/2014 14:30:30   
Satafou

Loyalty, although rare it still exists in this game. In fact I am more loyal now than what I was in beta, gamma or delta. Sometimes it just takes longer to find a faction which you feel you belong in. The competition element in epicduel is no where near as high as it was in the other phases. Therefore now, people should just be getting together with a good group of friends. My faction although there's only 4 of us who still play, we all have fun and if we really wanted to we could actually win daily 2 vs 2 on our own. Sometimes a weaker but loyal faction is stronger than a mighty but inconstant one.
Post #: 9
8/15/2014 16:24:39   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

Gold Shock knows this, but DSX was probably the epitome of a great and loyal faction. Back when DSX was active, there was both a forum and a website dedicated to the faction. Dax would post build help, faction accomplishment, bio pages, screenshots, and pages dedicated to players that retired or left. When we broke the record for the most 1vs1 Faction wins, it wasn't because we bought our members, it was because all our members were loyal and dedicated. I'm sure everyone in the faction at that time, me included, were inspired by the amount of passion Dax, Donna, Icy, Corum, and all the other officers and members had. It's truly a shame DSX went inactive because they contained some of the most loyal, dedicated, and friendly people in the game.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What happened to Faction Loyalty?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition