Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC
Page 14 of 27«<1213141516>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/14/2015 1:51:47   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

it's cool. Thanks for letting us know Kell.
AQW Epic  Post #: 326
2/14/2015 13:20:48   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Okay the post is up. The Gdoc is also updated.

I'm going to give this round a couple weeks. My next post should be 2/27.

Draycos and Bastet, you've found out Domrius' secret. One of them, anyways. As a final note, since I couldn't work it into the post in a way that I was satisfied with, there is a large, open field to one side of the encampment with rows and rows of what appear to be small clay jars. There must be hundreds of them.

< Message edited by Kellehendros -- 2/14/2015 13:21:13 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 327
2/14/2015 13:27:03   
TJByrum

Wow, how interesting Kell.

EDIT: I shall wait for the rest of the infantry commanders to post and describe how the battle is going before I finally move my Varan in for combat. I would suggest poking a hole in the pikemen ranks so the Thanisgard cavalry can escape.

I could be wrong, but I've always understood cavalry should charge, break off (or run through), before turning to charge once again. I feel if Thanisgard's forces remain entrapped between the Pikemen and the other soldiers, they will suffer heavy losses - especially if the scorpions continue to fire on them. The inability to move in those quarters practically remove the advantages of being mounted on fast-moving steeds.

So continue with the plan to hit the pikemen from the rear, but I'd suggest finding a way to break a hole in their columns and let the cavalry break out.

I wonder if the Varan could concentrate themselves in the center and break through?

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 2/14/2015 13:37:11 >
DF AQW  Post #: 328
2/14/2015 14:48:54   
black knight 1234567

Kell@ its the armor, I couldn't find a pic without an action pose though. :P

TJ@ my archers will try and punch a hole through their ranks to allow some lee way but a bunch of arrows probably won't do much in the grand scheme of things. I think it would be wise for you to break through.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 329
2/14/2015 15:01:11   
Zephyrial

Well, virtually all of our infantry is entirely focussed on offence, so breaking through is about all we can do well. If everyone just presses the attack and tries to disrupt any formation the Pikemen try to create, we should be fine.

For their part, now that the Urn has retreated, the mages will do their best to whittle down the troops we still have ahead of us.
Post #: 330
2/14/2015 17:10:17   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

@everyone. Trevor is withdrawing from their current positions back to the allied lines. Harry has actually managed to destroy the artifact, but be expecting to see a lot of lost thanisgard lives. This battle was harsh on us.

AQW Epic  Post #: 331
2/14/2015 18:00:20   
TJByrum

We should learn from these mistakes, then DNW, although I think the battle still poses use:

1. The Urn is destroy.
2. We've discovered one of Domrius' secrets.

All, more or less, thanks to the Thanisgard cavalry; without them I don't think we could have gotten to the Urn, and without this battle the spies could no have found the secret.

When I get the chance, I will make sure my Varan put extreme pressure in the middle ranks and we will try to break a hole so your horsemen can escape, if that's what you want to do. If all goes well then perhaps you can round-about and hit them from the side, flanking them.

EDIT: On second-thought, as soon as the Cavalry are free does anyone think we should break off and reform - out of range of the Scorpions? Perhaps the Varan can stand ground, away from the scorpions range, and we can hold out until the rest of the allied forces regroup and reform. We could then perform a counter-attack, as the enemy no longer has the advantage of the Urn.

EDIT2: I simply don't like our forces being so close to the Alquen fortress, especially when their siege engines can fire upon us.

EDIT3: Actually guys, I've already made up my mind. If the Thanisgardians need help escaping, I may help them, but I am not going to order the Varan to attack Alquen's soldiers if it's going to put them in range of the scorpions. I'm not 100% on their effectiveness here, but they could do some damage on Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings. Once the cavalry are clear, the Varan will break off. If you guys want to keep fighting, then do so, but I would suggest falling back with me.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 2/14/2015 18:08:57 >
DF AQW  Post #: 332
2/14/2015 18:21:40   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

@Tj, actually we're withdrawing back to the lines. Considering we're on horses, we're typically a lot faster than the ground troops, but having said that, we also did an initial charge at the enemy already.

What's happening right now, is that Trevor withdrew his troops by going forward, and than going around the Alquen lines. Secondly, the only ones that "are/were" close to the fortress was Company C commanded by Harry. Companies B and A being led by Trevor, weren't near the fortress. we were somewhere in the middle of the battlefield.

I think what we'll need is some covering fire from the archer's as we make good our escape back to the lines though. Because the Thanisgard archer's are unable to do it right now as their part of Company C and company C is currently in full withdrawal after their accomplishment.

AQW Epic  Post #: 333
2/14/2015 20:30:42   
Bastet

Post's up.
Congratulations on the urn, by the way. It seems like it won't be easily replaced by Domrius. Keep the Alliance togheter, soldiers.
Post #: 334
2/18/2015 16:46:40   
TJByrum

I'm using this for reference, but I'm going to post it here anyway.

10 Heavy Swordsmen from Daret - Kellehendros
97 Varan Infantry from Asgeir (Thanes, Huskarls, Proven) - TJByrum
146 Soldiers from Je (Shield and Swordsmen, Pikemen, Hidden Weapon Users, Archers, Scouts, Sabers, and Reserves) - Draycos777
97 Mages from the Oramus Collective (Battlemages and Sentinels) - Zephyrial
207 Warriors from Kulak (Unamed Kickboxers) - Starstruck
294 Horsemen from Thanisgard (a third of which are horse archers) - Dragonnightwolf
148 Soldiers from Gilrade (Cavalry, Scouts, Infantry, Archers) - black knight 1234567
53 Soldiers from Vorfather (Infantry, Archers, Cavalry, Healers) - Arthur
30 Warriors from the Confederation of Warsmiths - Ronin of Dreams
14 Scouts from the Consortium of Zara - Bastet

I'm trying to get a good read-out on the types of units we have to to better disperse them in our plans. For example, there is no reason to include the Kulaki Warriors in a mass of other infantry, they need to be used for something else (and I have an idea).
DF AQW  Post #: 335
2/19/2015 19:03:59   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

There's currently nothing I can do until after Kell posts.
AQW Epic  Post #: 336
2/21/2015 18:33:52   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

I'm going to hold my post off for today, on the premise that we haven't seen anything from Zephy this round, and I'd like to give him a chance go get something in if he wants.

On that score, has anyone heard anything from Arthur or Starstruck recently? They appear to have wandered off.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 337
2/21/2015 19:43:39   
Draycos777

I know that Arthur gets in real late from his classes. So he probably only has had time to check Vanguard as of lately.
AQ  Post #: 338
2/21/2015 21:19:10   
Zephyrial

Sorry about that, Kell. Busy busy.

You screwed me, Kell, with that Urn - so I hope you don't mind if I murder a few of your men to compensate.
Post #: 339
2/22/2015 3:39:33   
black knight 1234567

So the forces of Thanisgard are still locked inside with Alquen's forces, right? they haven't made their way out yet?
In which case I can lend support in the next post.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 340
2/22/2015 9:41:52   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

The Thanisgardian cavalry, for the most part, has gotten free of the pikes. The last company is still at threat from the reinforcing spearmen.

At this point, the pike formations are starting to dissolve under the combined pressure of the Alliance infantry and the renewed assault from the Collective's mages.

If you're intending to post I can hold off. We're probably looking at a rout on the Alquen forces at this point.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 341
2/22/2015 12:12:05   
black knight 1234567

Aaand post is up.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 342
2/22/2015 12:28:18   
TJByrum

quote:

If you're intending to post I can hold off. We're probably looking at a rout on the Alquen forces at this point.

In that case, I'll try to get something up so the Varan can actually accomplish something. They'll flank the enemy.
DF AQW  Post #: 343
2/22/2015 14:18:27   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Okay, I've made a short post to wrap the battle up for this round, barring someone deciding to try their luck with Alquen's fortress.

My next post, and the start of the second camp round, will be 2/25. Troop totals will be updated at that point.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 344
2/22/2015 14:40:42   
TJByrum

I would not pursue Alquen's retreating forces; I would not get to close to the wall either, and certainly not within range of the scorpions or crossbowmen. Hang back and wait until the entire Thanisgard Cavalry regiment is safe, and then I think we should withdraw.

We'll find a way to pressure Alquen later, and try to break through the gates one day, but not today. I am sure we've lost more than enough people on this battle. Live to fight another day!
DF AQW  Post #: 345
2/22/2015 14:59:05   
Bastet

Even if my forces haven't joined the battle, I agree with TJ. Pursuing the enemy to their fortress would be tantamount to suicide.
Post #: 346
2/22/2015 15:05:44   
Zephyrial

We're in agreement there. We've done the best we could under the circumstances. Time to head for home!

The time for dealing a decisive blow will come later, now that we've had the chance to survey Domrius' encampment.
Post #: 347
2/22/2015 15:17:28   
TJByrum

Yes, now we know what we can expect. The question remains though, how do you reach it without taking to many casualties?

I would propose another stealth mission, but try to get our troops on the walls to take out, or at least hinder, the scorpions and crossbowmen. Once that is done, the main force can ascend the walls using siege ladders. ?
DF AQW  Post #: 348
2/22/2015 15:31:39   
Zephyrial

Well... I think the odds are going to be stacked against us whether we like it or not. We have to assume that every day will be the last.
Post #: 349
2/22/2015 16:08:16   
TJByrum

Oh yeah, I know Zeph, but we don't know the exact parameters of how much damage we can make. I'd honestly be against going anywhere past the halfway mark of the pass, preferring to stay on the defensive the entire time, but that's not my call. I'm just saying if we ever do want to go for the walls, we could figure a way out. Not sure how successful the endeavor would be though.
DF AQW  Post #: 350
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC
Page 14 of 27«<1213141516>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition