Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Forum titles and other elements randomly centered in IE

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [AE Forum Resources] >> Forum Support and Suggestions >> Forum titles and other elements randomly centered in IE
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/7/2014 13:10:42   
Ninjaty

As the title suggests, I am again having this issue. It seems that regardless of what version of IE I use, there are annoying problems with the forums. 9 and 10 both have the wierd and ugly centered elements, while 11 overflows the text in the textareas and the tag buttons replace marked text, rather than encapsulate it.

Could these errors please be fixed, so that I may go back to having a normal day on the forums? The centered elements didn't appear like this prior to yesterday, so I assume there must've been an update or something to the CSS files, which was what messed things up.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 8/8/2014 0:09:48 >
Post #: 1
8/8/2014 23:55:23   
Corvus Corax
♥ Senpai ♥

As far as I'm aware, there haven't been any updates to the forums code. If more reports of this come in, I'll be sure to report it up the chain. As of now though, I think it's safe to assume something is glitching on your end although I can't really diagnose that from here.
AQ AQW  Post #: 2
8/9/2014 5:31:44   
Niki
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Make sure to add batteon.com the list of compatibility mode sites in IE. This fix most of the issues.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
8/11/2014 23:22:38   
Ninjaty

@above: I have just tried that and it did not work. At first glance it appeared to be working, with the root forum page actually showing correctly. Upon either closing the tab or going to a sub-forum or category, however, compatibility mode seemed to stop working. Some of my previous attempts at fixing the issue, included both upgrading and downgrading IE. Downgrading maintained the current problems and upgrading fixed them, but introduced all new ones, which also messed with the user experience.
Post #: 4
8/18/2014 11:32:24   
Corvus Corax
♥ Senpai ♥

As there have been no other reports of this, I believe this to be an issue on your end. You may try: Internet Options--> Advanced Tab--> Check HTTP 1.1
Then quit the browser and restart. If that doesn't work, I'm sorry but there's really nothing I can do about it.
AQ AQW  Post #: 5
8/18/2014 22:41:52   
DeathGuard

Maybe the problem lies withing the browser's capacity.
If anything, have you tried Firefox? It doesn't crash as much as Google Chrome does and it is ad-free(you can turn on ad-block).
You could try the browser and see if it gives the same error that IE gives. If it does, it may have something to do with your network settings, if not, it may be that I was right about me saying that the problem lies withing IE's capacity.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [AE Forum Resources] >> Forum Support and Suggestions >> Forum titles and other elements randomly centered in IE
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition