Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= August 8th, 2014 - Infernal War Plus

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= August 8th, 2014 - Infernal War Plus
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/8/2014 19:14:21   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

quote:

August 8, 2014
Infernal War Plus

NEW CHANGES/FEATURES:
  • Infernal Mines opens as the next war region
    • Defenders hold the Infernal Controller which allows them to oversee the Android Army
    • Attackers use Infernal Drills to bore in to the Delta Vault and attack with swarms of ravenous Mechachillids using Infernal Beacons
    • Defenders collect Infernal Bombs to destroy the Drills and thwart the attack
    • Battle for new prizes and control of the Infernal Mines!

• 2 new mission groups
    • Cleaning Central Station (Naomi)
    • War Stories (Raymus)

• Infernal War Achievement unlocked! Earn influence in the Infernal Mines!

The Mines of Madness Return!
After years of lying dormant, the Infernal Mines are back in contention! During their occupation after a hard-fought victory, Lawman and his Exile army have guarded the mysterious Android Army. Unable to awaken them, the defended forces remain vulnerable to attack. Now, the Legion have finally mustered enough forces in the region to strike back and reclaim Baelius' greatest and most terrifying creation!

To War!
This time around, there is no Vault Door to impede your progress, but the attackers will need to be sneakier to infiltrate the innermost Vault chamber.

Attackers will use Infernal Drills engineered by Mechachillids who were persuaded to help the Legion with the promise of crunchy rocks and metal the ability to continue living.

These drills can bore directly into the Vault, allowing attackers to zap Infernal Beacons directly to the Infernal Controller.

As usual, participants in the war will have the option to buy War items from the Infernal Ammo Depot located near the Infernal Mines entrance.

These are limited quantity, so stock up while you can! Mechachillids are hungry for some Baelius hologram face!

"Don't you DARE eat my face!" -Baelius

Leaderboards will be located near the War Memorial, a reminder of the Exile army's epic triumph, and a painful reminder to the Legion to never underestimate the Exiles.

Will the Exiles hold the Infernal Mines? Will the Legion reclaim their Android Army? Do you have what it takes to be a War Hero?

Achievement Unlocked!
For the first time, players will be able to earn regional influence in the Infernal Mines!

Who will be the first to attain the highest rank? Will it be YOU? *points*

War Stories and Cleanup!
Visit Naomi and Raymus to accept 2 new mission chains created by Guest Writers Trans and One Winged Angel!

These missions will help fill in the backstories to these two mysterious and tragic NPCs. Plus, you'll get some loot in the process! Getting paid to learn? What a deal!

Tags: Nightwraith
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
8/8/2014 21:09:49   
Virtual Earthquake

Cool, it's great that we get a new war, but what about Trizz's weapons that were in the DN's 2 weeks ago?
I really like them, and would love for them to be implemented soon.
Post #: 2
8/8/2014 21:15:49   
Rayman
Banned

Thats for september I guess.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
8/8/2014 21:41:59   
Mother1

Wow they brought back the infernal and super infernal war bombs. I haven't seen those in years. Makes me kind of wish they never cleaned out my consumable items years ago seeing as I had quite a few of those things.
Epic  Post #: 4
8/8/2014 23:59:42   
  Exploding Penguin

Pretty neat how trans and one winged angel got their storyboards put into the game.
Epic  Post #: 5
8/9/2014 0:33:45   
Silver Sky Magician

Enjoyable missions, and I like that Naomi didn't send us off on a revenge mission against the Lawman.
Post #: 6
8/9/2014 1:23:05   
Pemberton

Is it just me or are all these wars just the same but only with different bombs and targets?
Do the mechachilds npcs drop bombs?
Post #: 7
8/9/2014 3:47:10   
Ranloth
Banned

Oooh, some nice feedback :p

We'll be doing more of these relatively soon. Our plan is to (ideally) expand every single NPC in-game, so they have some form of backstory and fit into the actual storyline. That's why Char mentioned they are hoping to make all the NPCs challenge-able. ^^
Feedback also came in handy, from previous release. PvP Missions (instead of a specific mode) will be done, unless story specifically mentions it has to be a certain mode.

Not sure if we'll get any small projects like these, before TLaPD next month, but if not, there's some fun things planned.
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
8/9/2014 7:50:25   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

@Pemberton, feels the same to me in that aspect.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
8/9/2014 8:37:26   
Rayman
Banned

Thats because its just a Perma War system to have, its not that kind of big war event, its a repetitive war that happends in every map so we have something to do, I Wonder when theres going to be a big war event thought.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
8/9/2014 8:40:28   
One Winged Angel1357

I'm hoping to get the ability to make these war events matter. If trans and I get the ability to create events based off of who wins so we can influence the story that would be great

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 8/9/2014 9:00:41 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
8/9/2014 8:45:01   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

As I'm close to 3 blues, might go for the Infernal influence cheevos. See If I can do better than my previous attempts.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
8/9/2014 8:53:25   
Silver Sky Magician

@One Winged Angel

Wow, really? Thought the guest writers were mostly in charge of filler releases, while the devs remain responsible for sagas and the core storylines. This is great, I must say - it would really move the story forward. What EpicDuel needs plot-wise, IMO, is a clear direction and a long-term vision. Seems like we're playing it by ear by looking at relatively undeveloped areas and moving things purely geographically at the moment.
Post #: 13
8/9/2014 9:00:14   
One Winged Angel1357

@SSM somehow my phone changed hoping to going sorry!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
8/9/2014 9:07:10   
Ranloth
Banned

As Guest Writers, we create the story for any event going in-game, unless stated otherwise. Once we're given the task, we have a brainstorm in the Skype group in terms of what we should do (for major events), and try to expand on these ideas, before going ahead with one of them. For smaller chains, such as Raymus and Naomi, it was OWA and myself writing these - and the Devs make final adjustments to the mission text, which is often just grammar and maybe paraphrasing some stuff, if need be.

We're pretty much filling in for Cindy, and try to develop the story further. There's a LOT of stuff left behind by BigTuna and Cindy alike, and plenty of possibilities. Devs will also check the story to make sure there aren't any contradictions, and tell us what we can and cannot do with the NPCs in-game.

If the Legion wins this war, there's plenty of things that can be done with a couple of NPCs - including expanding on some. For Exiles? I'm sure we can think of something, whether it's short-term adjustment (i.e. NPC dialogues) or long-term (i.e. future missions). ^^
AQ Epic  Post #: 15
8/9/2014 9:55:02   
martinsen5

@Trans, I did not know you were part of the ED team now. Nevertheless, congrats!
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
8/9/2014 10:00:30   
Ranloth
Banned

Since last Friday. Wasn't in the DNs, but NW tweeted about it. :p
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
8/9/2014 10:39:00   
Remorse

I feel they are putting too much time into war content,

If people like the wars and the war content then that is great,
I feel however since the wars are always based off PvP that perhaps more time and effort should go to balance and variety before things like wars.

For me personally I find it hard to get any enjoyment at all out of the wars because I don't get much enjoyment out of the PvP in it's current state.

Don't get me wrong the PvP of this game is the factor alone that led me to like the game just the current state of it is really poor and needs serious urgent attention.

I don't understand how they can prioritize so much time and effort into the wars of this game when the core elements of the game are in need of attention.

I would like to know if it is because,

A) They don't know how to fix balance/add variety
B) They don't think balance and variety is an issue that need first priority
C) They are slowly building to a mega fix that cannot be released in short time

I really hope the answer is C.

Of coarse the issue here could be me, perhaps it is only me that feels this way, in which case I hope the other players find enjoyment in these wars :)

Epic  Post #: 18
8/9/2014 10:46:09   
One Winged Angel1357

@Remorse if you jump back to the may madness DN you will see that the answer is C. Titan and Rabble are making an awesome tool for balance
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
8/9/2014 11:08:47   
Remorse

^ That is good news :)

I just hope this tool will be sufficient enough to to make this game enjoyable again!
Epic  Post #: 20
8/9/2014 12:07:03   
Bionic Bear
Helpful!

I feel like Xendran would dance a jig if he read about this 'balance tool.'
Loving these mission chains!
Post #: 21
8/9/2014 13:10:39   
One Winged Angel1357

Since I'm on vacation can anyone tell me what the server numbers are like?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
8/9/2014 13:44:41   
Remorse

^300-400
Epic  Post #: 23
8/9/2014 13:45:38   
Bionic Bear
Helpful!

Epic - 737
Exile - 5
Post #: 24
8/9/2014 13:49:22   
Gold Shock

quote:

Since I'm on vacation can anyone tell me what the server numbers are like?

Actually Epic was over 830 at a point
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= August 8th, 2014 - Infernal War Plus
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition