Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Discouragement with the use of alts, Enough is Enough.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Discouragement with the use of alts, Enough is Enough.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/12/2014 1:19:24   
Gold Shock

This situation has became a wire burning at both ends. It has finally came to this, legitimate none-alt factions can't win daily 1v1's. When it comes down to it, this has all became a little two-faced if you ask me. Players say" oh yeah I'll report it" then end up abusing it. My corresponding faction MEGANET, has been cheated out of 1v1 two days in a row with leads ranging from 350-500. My WAR experience thus far has been cut-in-half with these ongoing events.

Your telling me Old-School Hardcore factions stand no chance against, Based On A True Story: A faction with a full roster of level 35's and under containing various amount of characters being controlled by 1 player? Where lyes the incentive, motivation, teamwork, to compete against unfairness in this long lasting war? It seems screen shotting faction leaders admitting to this will have to ensue.

What are your thought & concerns?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
8/12/2014 1:36:17   
comicalbike

well this war is about money only the one with the most wins that's my thoughts
Epic  Post #: 2
8/13/2014 9:04:37   
Variation

I don't believe there are any plausible solutions to the alternate character problem. The only issues that can directly be addressed are players having more than one account in the faction and or piloting. Players have suggested factions having a level requirement in order to join them, but some of us are completely against that idea for good reasons. While that solution would solve the alternate character problem, it would also restrict low level characters who aren't alternate characters from factions. Factions are a vital feature of this game, and I strongly believe that characters of all levels should be able to partake in faction competitions.

I do completely understand that low levels can finish battles at a faster pace than high levels, but often their win percentage would be way lower. Hegemony for instance beat a character that was in the 30s in daily 1v1 because his win % was extremely high (he won daily with 95.7%(with my build), ConQrR has before and after screenshots of his record, it's his alt). This goes to show that higher levels can indeed not only keep up with low levels, but also pass them and go on to win a daily. Winning competitions comes down to quality. The better your quality is the more wins you achieve per battle which gives you a major advantage of someone only going for quick kills. By the time they get 1 win from using an unreliable quick kill build you will most likely have 2-3.

In the long run competitions come down to effort. You must work for your victories, and no one can always be victorious. There will be days that you win and days that you lose, even if you lost because of alternate characters all you can do is move on(possibly report).

If you're positive players are using more than one alternate character in a faction or even piloting you should do the game a favor and report it. We have dedicated moderators who will give these reports to the right people to get them checked out.
Post #: 3
8/13/2014 12:59:30   
Gold Shock

quote:

Hegemony for instance beat a character that was in the 30s in daily 1v1 because his win % was extremely high (he won daily with 95.7%(with my build), ConQrR has before and after screenshots of his record, it's his alt)

Right on variation, everything you said was spot on with the situation. Yes I actually remember the day ConQrR went for 1v1, simply amazing. Kudos to you for that build man. However keep in mind that he has the ranks to do it with that build, where as many of ous are much lower. I agree on the fact that every player, no matter what level; should be able to enjoy factions as we'll. It seems you must have a faction full of rank 40+'s to beat them it seems. I am sure the efforts of staff are being divided towards this issue.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Discouragement with the use of alts, Enough is Enough.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition