Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Fun Builds

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Fun Builds
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/13/2014 11:17:23   
Predator9657

Usually I play with high % builds (because winning is fun :P ) but recently I was bored so I switched to TM and tried a tech spam build. It's been loads of fun but there have been occasional remarks about what a "noob build" I got. (People playing to win fast usually don't like tanks, and mine is a super tank :D )

Just wondering if there are others playing with builds "just for the fun of it". So far my Tech spam build has been interesting (I'm still tweaking bits) and a funny fact is that I get a lot of my wins from people who don't want to waste their time on me again so the % is quite good ^^ (especially since I usually play in PH where time is valuable)

Anybody else have some "strange" build idea's that I might like to try once I get bored of this one? Preferably tank builds since too many people have the mentality of "fast wins > everything else" so it's quite fun getting on their nerves.

And what are your views on dueling for fun VS dueling for wins?
Epic  Post #: 1
8/13/2014 11:39:45   
suboto

I wanna try a build like this on tlm
Epic  Post #: 2
8/13/2014 14:24:08   
Predator9657

I really like the animation on supercharge and my current record is 4 supercharges in one match with this build :D
(~150 tech + L1 SC)
Epic  Post #: 3
8/13/2014 17:23:44   
King Bling

Merc- Super Tank - Get defense/resis to 380 each 1100 health 510 primary 520 secondary 570 aux 570 infernal and a basic club used
with low leveled skills used and 1 surge.

Super ch build- same above stats with little malf and 560 energy drain, used this 1 obce it was awesome start first and wipe out energy of the enemy then if they use battery or gen, use piston punch rest heal looping and the MAJOR MOVE IS WHEN UR ABOUT TO RAGE, USE MALF AND WOOSH YOUR INFERNAL WILL DEAL 600+ dmg
Post #: 4
8/14/2014 7:30:35   
suboto

is that merc one for a lvl40? And could i try it on tlm? also what ranks needed?

< Message edited by suboto -- 8/14/2014 7:39:33 >
Epic  Post #: 5
8/14/2014 9:21:22   
Dual Thrusters

quote:

Just wondering if there are others playing with builds "just for the fun of it".

Put all stats in energy. Lose as fast as possible and still gain ok rewards.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
8/14/2014 11:16:54   
Predator9657

Someone should tell him an E sword against a tech spam build is useless (despite how low my defenses may be ^^ ).

quote:

Super ch build- same above stats with little malf and 560 energy drain, used this 1 obce it was awesome start first and wipe out energy of the enemy then if they use battery or gen, use piston punch rest heal looping and the MAJOR MOVE IS WHEN UR ABOUT TO RAGE, USE MALF AND WOOSH YOUR INFERNAL WILL DEAL 600+ dmg

I was thinking of that before I changed from CH, but the only reason I didn't try it was that I estimated that static charge would be pretty useless on any build which doesn't have a lot of Str?

quote:

Put all stats in energy. Lose as fast as possible and still gain ok rewards.

Lol, but with super-tanks, you annoy the hell out of some "quick win" people who have no patience. Though if I needed to rank up I would have tried that.

Comments removed. See your inbox for more. ~ Zan

< Message edited by ZanpakuTô -- 8/26/2014 18:06:31 >
Epic  Post #: 7
8/14/2014 11:34:00   
Mother1

@ dual thrusters

I saw a player doing that yesterday when I was playing 1 vs 1. That guy lost in 2 turns every time I fought him which was surprisingly 5 times in a row. got 3 normal bombs and 2 super ones while fighting him so it was a win win for both of us. He got his fast rewards and I got me some bombs for influence.
Epic  Post #: 8
8/14/2014 15:41:37   
DeathGuard

@Mother1: Was it Fanteo? If so, he gave me some good bombs drops and fast credits/exp too.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
8/16/2014 7:24:55   
slumbering insomniac

its the dex tm builds everyone hates, when I just started I always used overload/plasma rain with high dexterity
and it worked but everyone still called me a noob, I reckon strength tm builds are more fun then caster builds
Epic  Post #: 10
8/17/2014 1:01:26   
  Exploding Penguin

People in general hate tanks. Don't know why, but I think it's hilarious when people start yelling at you and hating you because their build is based on the current meta of fast wins fast deaths, and they get really impatient when they don't hit much on you even if you don't really deal much damage yourself.

Sadly, all of my really ballsy fun builds aren't viable now cause of Omega :/
Epic  Post #: 11
8/17/2014 13:41:38   
slumbering insomniac

it's not just tanks, but when at one point everyone has a certain build like right now for the whole war 99% of those I have battled have been
mages using very high dex, high tech, and a stun/multi combo it makes the game boring in my opinion, because no one s really original at
the moment, they're just using the easiest most OP builds.
Epic  Post #: 12
8/17/2014 13:46:52   
Mother1

@ exploding penguin

This is because there are people who like fast matches and tanks ruin that for them. While you want matches to become longer for all those quick kill builds don't. So of course they are going to get upset when they face tanks.

Also what Slumbering insomniac mention also holds weight. When events come that involve wins most people will jump on a flavor build and those who either like variety when battling or have this build in general be their bane they will get ticked off.

It is one thing to lose sometimes and win sometimes due to the build being used. However when you face your bane build 90% of the time due to it being a flavor build with it being the same opponent 4-5 times, it will make certain people rage.
Epic  Post #: 13
8/17/2014 15:12:06   
  Exploding Penguin

@slumbering insomniac:

They're boring because everyone uses them so you rarely get variety in 1v1. They also have a tendency to be the kind of builds which lack skill and are easily predictable, and your only way of winning is either hard-countering them or having a statistical advantage such as getting tons of crits, blocks, or simply being higher level/rank.

It's thankfully not nearly as bad as the time where 90% of the 1v1s in previous phases ended up with:

BH used smoke
BH used strike
BH used strike (or energy booster if you drained energy)
BH used massacre
BH won the battle.
Epic  Post #: 14
8/17/2014 17:05:23   
slumbering insomniac

yeah, but I think bounty hunter is the most boring skill tree to experiment with personally, thus why so many people use
a build along the lines of smokescreen, mark of blood and then massacre if you're not already dead by the third hit :P
Epic  Post #: 15
8/17/2014 20:14:10   
  Exploding Penguin

I used to make really fun 149 energy CH builds back in late Delta for 2v2 (which equates to 1490 base energy now), but those days are sadly over D:

Yeah, any build except for BH focus is really boring. All they do is debuff you and just keep healing while dealing damage. They rarely actually drain energy because static grenade is amazingly useless after the nerfs, and defensive buffs are out of the question because they can just hit you to heal.
Epic  Post #: 16
8/26/2014 11:14:51   
Mother1

@ predator9657

Looks like this person doesn't like it when he has to fight tanks and lose to them. I wish I could have seen the whole fight because you are right the dialogue from that match was funny to read.
Epic  Post #: 17
8/27/2014 10:00:09   
Predator9657

Just changed to a dext spam, playing around with stat boosters to increase tankiness :D
Still deciding which is more fun, dext or tech spamming.

Btw anyone trying super-tank heal-looping with TLM? And is atom smasher still blockable? I might switch to TLM the next time I get bored ^^
Epic  Post #: 18
8/27/2014 10:27:50   
InFlamed Fury

Right now as a TLM i am using a super-tank heal loop build and while it is quite fun to use it is still hard to use at the same time. Spending your energy on the right skills at the right time is probs the most important thing about this build so if you were gonna switch to it i would get prepared for some lengthy battles :D
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Fun Builds
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition