Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

bike/walk intro in pvp

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> bike/walk intro in pvp
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/20/2014 11:12:40   
The berserker killer

Has anyone played Super Smash Brothers and noticed that when the match starts each character is brought in with different animation?

Wario rides his bike in, sonic runs in, Snake flies in, Zelda magically appears (etc).

What I suggest is for our bikes to lead us into battle. If you have a normal bike then you ride in, if you have a car then you step out of your car, if you have flight module then you fly in, if you have yeti then you roll in then transform, if you have bloodhawk then you fly in then transform etc.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
8/20/2014 12:10:16   
Satafou

It would be a really cool feature, especially the tanks. This is actually a good idea but it would require far too much time and effort and in this games current state, something like this would be at the very bottom of the list and you'd have to wait probably about 2-3 years for ED to get back on it's feet and have the time to implement this.
Post #: 2
8/20/2014 12:55:32   
Mother1

Not supported.

A feature like this would not only cause huge amounts of lag, but will also make not having a bike a disadvantage. Bikes purpose are only to make you look cool and to move faster.
Epic  Post #: 3
8/20/2014 13:21:16   
Satafou

If this was to ever be implemented, within the huge amount of time and effort required. It wouldn't buff anyone at all, it would be purely to "look cool". When did he ever suggest that it would give stat boosts or any sort of buff? Also if you take gaming seriously, you most likely have a half decent computer or laptop and this wouldn't cause too much lag.
Post #: 4
8/20/2014 15:03:01   
Mother1

@ Satafou

Everyone's internet service providers aren't the same. Different regions have different service providers can work different due to location. I have friends who lag a bit due to this. Adding a feature that will create even more unneeded lag and that can harm the game is something I can't support no matter how 'cool' it may make everyone look.
Epic  Post #: 5
8/20/2014 15:20:29   
Ranloth
Banned

There's three types of lag: server lag (AE-related), PC lag (your specs), and ISP lag (your provider's speed). Only because you have best ISP and great specs, doesn't mean you won't experience the server lag, which affects everyone.

Also, I'm 99% sure Lycus has vetoed the idea for the very same reasons as Mother1 has stated - lag, stat advantage (which affects balance and Credit spending across levels), and revamping way too many skills every time new vehicle gets added. Too much work for something that isn't necessary, not even a novelty feature if it affects the game servers in all the wrong ways.

< Message edited by Trans -- 8/20/2014 16:15:26 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
8/20/2014 16:03:09   
Satafou

No one has ever stated that having a fancy entrance into battle based on your vehicle gave any sort of stat or buff advantage so I have no idea where mother or trans has gotten that from. The only thing that could be possible would be the lag, however it shouldn't be nearly as severe to cause people to end up disconnecting, unless they did have a bad computer or laptop. To be honest, yeah its not needed or important and as i've previously said it would take at least 2-3 years to even get implemented with the current state Epicduel is in. However with that being said it would be a really cool feature to add and it is doable, it would just take time.
Post #: 7
8/20/2014 16:14:53   
Ranloth
Banned

Right, my bad. I mistook this thread with a very similar one - just read the posts there and you'll understand why I said that stuff. Just derped a little. :p This pretty much leaves the lag argument, really.
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
8/21/2014 2:03:25   
The berserker killer

You guys and your lag argument. That just shoots down every cool suggestion that has been implemented into this game. People thought showing the rage bar in another spot would cause huge lag and it didn't......that's only one example out of like 20 where most people made the "lag" argument
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> bike/walk intro in pvp
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition