Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

More NPC achievements

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> More NPC achievements
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/25/2014 6:54:41   
slumbering insomniac

collecting boss achievements is probably one of the most fun things to do when there are no missions currently available, but you need to be a fairly high level to be able to beat almost all of
them. I think there should be a separate section of achievements giving only a small amount of rating points for a range of lower and medium level NPC's- so that from the beginning, players
can have constant small challenges/ victories to look forward too every couple of levels up until when they hit 30 or so and can start defeating actual bosses.
my idea is:
level 5-9 NPC achievements give 50 rating points
level 10-14 NPC achievements give 100 rating points
level 15-19 NPC achievements give 200 rating points
level 20-24 NPC achievements give 400 rating points
level 25-29 NPC achievements give 800 rating points
and level 30 onwards (obviously NPC's that don't already have a boss achievement) give 1000 rating points
this way there would be an incentive for people to play around with different skills and strategies rather than sticking to one build

opinions?
Epic  Post #: 1
8/25/2014 7:08:58   
Silver Sky Magician

Eh IMO boss fights should be challenging, there's no point if there are too many of them, particularly at lower levels, when you can quickly out-level the boss and eliminate the challenge factor.
Post #: 2
8/25/2014 7:58:05   
slumbering insomniac

what if there are level boundaries, IE. players above level 20 can't claim NPC achievements from below level 15, and above level 30 can't claim achievements below level 25 and so on?
Epic  Post #: 3
8/25/2014 7:58:43   
Ranloth
Banned

All NPCs that aren't currently challengeable, will be in the future, as well as receive some backstory along with it - just like Naomi, Valestra, Habuki, and Raymus did. When it will happen? I don't know. We have a pretty full plate already.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
8/25/2014 9:36:43   
slumbering insomniac

I'm not talking about new NPC's though, I'm saying there should be achievements for lower level NPC's that are already in the game
so lower levels can earn achievements and rating points whilst training
Epic  Post #: 5
8/25/2014 9:45:25   
Ranloth
Banned

I'm not talking about any new NPCs either, but all the ones currently in-game that you cannot challenge - and there is a few - or don't have a backstory, like the four I've mentioned.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
8/25/2014 9:45:46   
DeathGuard

@Slumbering insomniac: He didn't mentioned new NPCs.
quote:

All NPCs that aren't currently challengeable
Where are NPCs challengeable? In-game. They are several npcs that aren't challengeable but still play a role in-game. That's the npcs he is talking about. It isn't likely that low npcs will get boss achievements, but medium high and high lvls npcs may get some achievement someday.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
8/25/2014 10:55:08   
One Winged Angel1357

Suggestion is already on the to do list.

quote:

Some have asked why give achievements to these particular NPCs and not ALL the NPCs you can fight? Good question! I suppose as soon as we draw achievements for the other unique NPCs, we can fill out the ranks of the challengeable NPCs. This would give opportunities to earn these "boss" achievements to players in all level ranges!

Quote from the Titan's Triumph Arrives Design Note so be on the look out for new boss cheevos in the future
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
8/25/2014 12:48:36   
slumbering insomniac

brilliant, cheers
Epic  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> More NPC achievements
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition