Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

TLM should get BC and Merc shouldve kept original Field Commander

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> TLM should get BC and Merc shouldve kept original Field Commander
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/25/2014 11:39:33   
The berserker killer

Im not suggesting a nerf for classes, all im saying is that these two skills should be switched between these classes.

First let me point out the real source of the problem: You gave Mercenaries the ability to get 40%+ HP Regain along with a 55+ Str Buff and a 1 turn Warm-UP skill that (when the strength is added in) rivals that of a Max Massacre and a Mana regen skill that improves with strength....

I'm not saying this class should be nerfed because I am the sort of player that loves the story behind the class and the first word that comes up in the merc description is
quote:

Strong

What I am saying is that this skill is a great skill! Please, do not nerf it! Instead just monitor it's overall effect by giving this skill to tlms and giving mercs Field Commander.

Lets be honest, what are you gonna complain about if tlms get this skill? They can spam double strike? Sure, 1 turn cool down so it only makes sense to spam it but we know it won't work since every merc has tried that already. Spam poison? You can only regain HP off of the initial shock of poison. Spam Strike? Everyones doing it already. Spam artillery strike? Supports a useless stat at the moment. People only use it to go first in matches or to get 5 focus/meet some requirements. Spam Stun Grenade? Valid point but this skill increases with DEX, not STR.

Now the positives is that it will actually boost atom smasher, give Frenzy the boost that it has needed for a long time and with battery back up having a 4/5 turn cooldown then this skill will actually be balanced with this class.

Please think about. This will be a huge step forward in balancing the classes
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
8/25/2014 11:51:42   
Mother1

Ok your positives are way off.

For one Field commander gives more of a strength boost than Blood commander due to field commander not having a secondary effect. This means if we gave Tactical merc blood commander their atom Smasher would get less of a boost instead of more due to the secondary effect. Not only this but the secondary effect would not be added with Atom Smasher.

Now on frenzy getting boost. No it wouldn't. Blood commander doesn't stack with moves that already have life gain properties. This means that if I used frenzy with blood commander the blood commander effect wouldn't be added, plus for the boost of strength Field commander would once again be better due to it giving more strength than blood commander once again.

Also this wouldn't balance the classes but make balance worse. For you choose to ignore the fact that this would power up strength spam builds which would not only have the ability to deal massive damage with strike builds and poison, but now add consistent life steal to the class as well? Not to mention Tactical merc will now have 3 ways of getting back health outside of field medic in the form of frenzy, surgical strike, and the new added blood commander.

Now I have to ask. If Tactical's merc's themselves don't want field commander due to it being outshined by blood commander, why should we give it to mercenaries in the first place? This would be nerfing mercs unjustly while overpowering strength Tactical merc due to them having a content way to get health back for 4 turns in addition to having several moves that work with strength.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 8/25/2014 11:53:11 >
Epic  Post #: 2
8/25/2014 12:27:16   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

Hi The berserker killer,

Since your balance suggestion is about a Mercenary skill and a Tactical Mercenary skill, it belongs in either of the class threads, or both if you want to, but please do not create a thread solely for discussion of that skill. You can post these balance suggestions in =ED= Official Tactical Mercenary Balance Discussion Thread and/or =ED= Official Mercenary Balance Discussion Thread

Thread locked.
~WhiteTiger
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> TLM should get BC and Merc shouldve kept original Field Commander
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition