Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Classes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Classes
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/27/2014 22:46:01   
Mother1

Right now we have 6 different classes. Tech mage, Blood mage, Mercenary Tactical mercenary, Bounty hunter, and cyber hunter.

So my question is this. Do you think these classes should be the same or Different?

I personally think they should be different and have their own strength and weaknesses.

So what are your thought on this subject?
Epic  Post #: 1
8/27/2014 22:50:45   
edwardvulture

They should be different in builds and play style. That is not the case right now as strength builds and focus builds are universally used in all classes. There are a lot of ways to give each class its own flavor. I personally wish they would split the skill tree in two and increase the amount of different skills. The arrangement of stats also play a role in this because you rarely see anyone with battery backup investing in energy(well, no one invests in energy in the first place unless some kind of abuse build).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
8/27/2014 22:57:03   
Mother1

Part of the problem that classes aren't different are that they share too many of the same kinds of moves as well. Plus sad to say it but the passive to active change's major flaw destroyed what most classes could do best.

For example Tactical mercenary was the best class to use for tanking due to it's skill tree of having slow killing moves such as poison, as well as it's passive mineral armor for protection. Then there was Blood mage which had the disadvantage of not having an energy drainer/gainer didn't need it due to it's blood lust and excellent damage output.

Now we have the classes becoming more or less clones of each other with every balance change. Many of which have been suggested without looking at the class as a whole.
Epic  Post #: 3
8/27/2014 23:33:49   
suboto

The return of passives for skill are a must in the step of improvement of the game.
Epic  Post #: 4
8/28/2014 3:50:15   
kosmo

^i onestly think tht would a step behind, but u got the problem.
when passives left, variety got restricted too, making classes alot more similiar.

now its all up to stat control (buffs-debuffs- hp/ep gain and drain), this is the main reason why we need stat, ranks and rage to get balanced be4 we try to improove variety;
good examples are mark of blood and blood commander which are so effective due to hp and rage being so unbalanced (not strenght).

what i suggest is to firstly review how rage, hp, support and focus work (if possible ranks too), then we can think of improoving skill threes, which are very unbalanced too.

< Message edited by kosmo -- 8/28/2014 4:10:08 >
Epic  Post #: 5
8/28/2014 4:01:58   
Remorse

quote:

The return of passives for skill are a must in the step of improvement of the game.

This could be the case however it can be done in such away as to not provide the same issue as before which was passives being too high of a priority over other skills.

So what could they do?

The answer is obvious, a separate passive skill tree for each class.

EDIT: I shall attempt such task, look for it in the suggestion thread soon.

EDIT2: I have added a thread check it out of you want: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21799153&mpage=1&key=�

As for classes,

They are way too similar, and not just classes builds to, the amount of variety in this game is extremely poor and their are many changes that should be a high priority to fix this.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 8/28/2014 5:41:16 >
Epic  Post #: 6
8/28/2014 11:41:15   
Thylek Shran

Different but same powerfull in average. This is only possible with revamped
skill trees and skill balance. Atm TMs have the worst skill tree layout for
accessibility. Why must invest 2 skill points into Overload and Plasma Rain to
unlock Super Charge and Fire Scythe ? Also the Sword/Class_weapon/skill
unbalance has to be considered.

Atm the power hierarchy is like:

- Merc
- BM
- CH
- BH
- TM
- TaM (only very few around which tells everything)

Atm pretty everything is screwed in its meaning as already mentioned:
- Mercs and CH are now offensive instead being tanks/defensive
- BHs often 5 focus with very high tech instead offensive that are dependant on Infernal Android
- BMs the masters of energy control and regeneration when they have maxed Energy Parasite and MoB while also being very offensive as intended
- TMs offensive instead defensive with good but not best energy control

Why so much offensive ? Because Rage is screwed and offensive has to be more
powerfull as defensive to end a duel. There are only a few powerfull tank builds
around for mostly Mercenary because Blood Commander and Hybrid Armor are
OPed. Also Static Smash can be very OPed when it does not get blocked and
should not increase with Strenght or any other stat.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 8/28/2014 12:13:14 >

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 7
8/28/2014 20:50:38   
  Exploding Penguin

An example of how classes should have their own unique attributes:

-BH: Solid damage and decent defensive skills with a nice lifesteal skill. Very easy to use and is fairly strong even at the lower skill levels
-Merc: Tons of melee-based burst damage, and can also build tankier while still maintaining that strong burst. Also has very strong consistent damage through blood commander, and can fill an assisting role in 2v2s by giving rage, draining good amounts of energy, and having intimidate/BC.
-TM: Ridiculous amounts of periodic damage, and an affinity for almost never running out of energy. A lot squishier than other classes though.
-CH: A really good assisting class with a very potent energy drain in EMP, good base damages from poison, a debuff, an unblockable strike, and a cheap and strong defensive buff.
-TLM: Neutralizes enemies by slowly whittling down their health and completely annihilating any energy they have from spamming atom smasher (please bring back the old atom smasher). Does not host very good overall damage output, but can tank amazingly well.
-BM: High skill cap class that can duel well but also hosts a variety of skills which can be used effectively in 2v2. Basically like a BH but riskier in if you lack the skill you'll do very poorly, but if you have it then you'll surpass the heights of BH.
Epic  Post #: 8
9/20/2014 8:47:50   
suboto

I currently play four classes and im finding my level40 tlm is on loseing streaks against all the other classes why?
1. it lost its strong point which was its passive armor. The %'s should be nerfed and cost 0 energy but require 1 turn to use and have a four turn cooldown that would raise the use out of this skill from lvl1-3 to lvl1-10 making it more of a class difference rather then a skill thats just like the other two def buff skills.
2. Its skills are mostly buffs=Field medic/mineral armor/blood shield/field commander
3.Field commander is a skill that was updated in delta which was the last time it was useful
4.Support multi just isnt worth useing around 37-40 what that needs is some level improvement like +20damage at level37 just for reaching this level to compete with the upper level range
5.Atomic smash is also a updated skill that was last time useful in delta. Its the 2nd lowest energy drain 1st being assimilation. This needs a buff in % or improves with dex
6. Field commander should be replaced with E stun grenade
Epic  Post #: 9
9/21/2014 18:04:48   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

Please do not post in dead threads (2 weeks of inactivity)

Locked!

Thanks,
Battle Elf
ED GD Archknight
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Classes
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition