Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Make poison be able to kill

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Make poison be able to kill
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/28/2014 11:51:43   
The berserker killer

It'll be another interesting feature to the game which, I believe, should be there iin the first place. Any objections?
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
8/28/2014 11:55:45   
Mother1

I remember this suggestion being made before and it was vetoed due to this making poison and classes who have poison overpowered.

TLM CH and BH would get a massive buff due to this and double poison builds would resurface once again due to field medic being the only counter to poison itself.
Epic  Post #: 2
8/28/2014 12:35:33   
dfo99

this suggest is like ask to lifesteals effects exceed the maximum hp or even heal at first turn exceed the max hp limit. probably never will be implemented, idk
Post #: 3
8/28/2014 12:55:16   
Remorse

Could be a good idea for a passive.

In-fact I really like the idea of it being a passive I will add it to my thread for BHs.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 8/28/2014 12:57:07 >
Epic  Post #: 4
8/29/2014 11:47:31   
I Underlord I

Passive damage is just that: passive. Killing someone with it is both imbalanced and nonsensical.

For instance, if I had 160 HP left and would surely have won regardless of what my opponent did (even if they had an attack that dealt additional damage such as Bludgeon and hit a critical), and they poisoned me for 30 damage with the poison itself doing 130, I would die because the enemy just so happened to have poison. In addition, I would die on my own turn in such a hypothetical scenario; even if the game engine can now handle such an event, poison moves would be unique in doing so, and would indirectly receive a certain type of advantage. As a result, so too would glass cannons for the classes possessing poison, with all tanks taking an indirect nerf due to lethal poison potentially bypassing their defenses.

"Memories and thoughts age, just as people do. But certain thoughts can never age, and certain memories can never fade."
~ Haruki Murakami, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

AQ  Post #: 5
8/29/2014 12:06:34   
The berserker killer

then what about a core that allows your poison to kill?
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 6
8/29/2014 12:19:02   
I Underlord I

The core would have to be passive, and would likely apply to the primary, yes?
It is a good idea, but a class with poison shouldn't be able to overpower themselves (with potential lethality that would not have otherwise existed) at the cost of 6,000 Credits, 10,000 Credits, their corresponding Varium costs, or even any amount of Credits or Varium. This is especially true as the current primary passive cores that can be purchased are largely ineffective at best.

Besides, cores should be prospectively be viable for all classes if not builds, not certain builds of a limited number of classes.

EDIT: Passives cost 6K Credits, not 7K. My apologies.

< Message edited by I Underlord I -- 8/29/2014 12:31:07 >
AQ  Post #: 7
8/29/2014 13:28:31   
dfo99

quote:

still looks non sense and imbalanced imo.
Post #: 8
8/29/2014 14:25:17   
santonik

quote:

Although poison would kill. the three classes has its own poison skill. all classes have their own poison robot skill. The idea behind this is an intriguing mind. Will this passive skill primary weapon stick? Or armor core?

What about the poison robot?

Should the passive skills also affect this robot special, too? Or should put your own killing poison passive in to armor. robot need own killing poison passive(armor). Primary weapon's need own killing poison passive. This would take care of grenade / blade poison.

In fact, I accept this poison to kill. If this would use the core space.

off topic.
In fact, although the three character classes allowed in this other more advantages / disadvantages.
Need to remember this. The game can always plan more goodies. Even if they would apply like all the classes. For example, the mage classes to each other to share a few of your core, your own cores could also be hunters classes. Let's not forget merc classes.

This would bring to the game variation.

I made this translator. if there is something a bit silly. (assume so) then ask again what this should mean. I am not always 100% sure of these words.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

game needs creative people. These are always ideas. good and less good. These give more ideas. etc..........................
Epic  Post #: 9
8/29/2014 19:42:39   
The berserker killer

@ Underlord: I question that statement. Why? There are armors that are only available to certain classes, weapons only available to certain classes, hairstyles only available to certain classes so why not cores?

And thank you Santonik for bringing that up. This should be an armor core in order to allow the poison bot availability to kill with its poison.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 8/29/2014 19:43:40 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 10
8/29/2014 20:59:31   
I Underlord I

Hairstyles as well as most weapons and armors are purely cosmetic, and those weapons and armors with locked cores mutate, or are classless (armors) or swords (weapons). Cores are and should be available to all classes, and this means that each class should hypothetically be able to utilize them in a variety of builds.
AQ  Post #: 11
8/29/2014 23:13:45   
santonik

The concern is the low / mid lvl players and poison. poison can be really effective. shock and 3x130 damage. This should probably make some sort of scaling.
That I've played 32lvl Tclmerc and I noticed how effective is poison. It is really strong. closer to 40lvl its effect will fade gradually. (my alt character is now 33lvl)

This would prevent the poison spamming. Now medic_heal will be able to resist a little poison. This is not enough small / medium lvl alone. I guess it would be good to do some sort of scaling. reduce small / medium lvl max poison damage. Or add an anti poison core of the game. reduce the poison damage about 25-50%. Rough idea only.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It would be good to remember to add the opportunity to the counter.
Epic  Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Make poison be able to kill
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition