Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

allow bets

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> allow bets
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/29/2014 11:18:19   
dfo99

ok, i know that this is a suggest have a minimal chance (almost none) of be implemented due the problems that this maybe result.

allow when the player when challenge other, bet they credits or equipaments. i have no hope of a day be allowed bet you varium or varium equips, but it will made epic duel extremly more fun (like poker for example) than ever and maybe recover the big players base and made old pro players back.

some changes is needed to made a betted match work fine when it is enabled during a challenge, the most obvious is a drastic reduction of luck. then, blocks, deflect and crits should be distabled during this type of match (it's not remove completly the luck factor due the damage variation), and the first turn is a problem that will request a new battle system (only for betted matches) i have one thing in mind but will post it in other thread.

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 8/29/2014 13:13:27 >
Post #: 1
8/29/2014 11:41:20   
Mother1

Not supported for several reasons.

1 This idea would be a one stop shop for scammers. The moment someone get's scammed or hacked they kiss their equipment and currency goodbye.

2 This would make unneeded work for the help team to take care off. They already have enough problems dealing with hacked and scammed accounts, and with this feature you will now be adding item and currency scams.
Epic  Post #: 2
8/29/2014 11:44:15   
Vextur

Not supported.

The game is addictive itself, no need to expand that area.

Also, a lot of kids are playing this game and betting is just unacceptable in many differnet ways.

Also, betting on equipment is trading at some point and devs already said what they think about it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
8/29/2014 12:03:53   
dfo99

i don't understand the mother1 first point, but for the players be allowed play this type of match should be needed proof that you have more than 18 years and for varium bets, 21 years and proof that you have a job for not allow some idiot bet the family money buying varium in epicduel, lose everything and they process judicially the artix entertainment. also obvious should be needed agree the AE terms. it will reduce drasticly the scamming problems.

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 8/29/2014 12:10:11 >
Post #: 4
8/29/2014 12:08:00   
The berserker killer

I support betting creds. why not make the game more addicting?

I support betting creds
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
8/29/2014 12:21:17   
Mother1

My first point is that let's say hypothetically speaking I hacked or scammed someone or several people out of their accounts.

Normally the only thing I could do is just either play as that person's account or sells all their gear for credits/varium and then burns through that to leave them with nothing. This is due to their not being a trade or betting system.

However with this system in play I could open another window under the same or different ISP, have these matches and make the account lose every single time and boom I would get their items and currency 1 by 1 until they have nothing I want. Than I could just change the password and leave the account alone for good.

In other words anyone could just dummy battle with scammed/hacked accounts to take all the other person's stuff when normally this wouldn't be possible due to their not being this feature. That is what I meant when I said it would be a 1 stop shop for scammer/hackers.
Epic  Post #: 6
8/29/2014 12:26:57   
I Underlord I

EpicDuel is a family-friendly PvP game. Gambling is neither compulsory nor captivating, and implementing it will only cause issues, with an obvious waste of time that could better be used for, say, executing and finalizing the balance tool.

Having said that, I understand it appeals to some players. However, it is very likely to discourage many others, with a probable loss of players and even legal issues, even if age and monetary restrictions were effectively established and enforced.
AQ  Post #: 7
8/29/2014 12:46:50   
Ranloth
Banned

For ALL the reasons stated above, this will not be implemented. Consider it to be on the same level as trading, which will never be implemented. The decision is final, on this topic.

< Message edited by Trans -- 8/29/2014 12:47:35 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
8/29/2014 13:02:59   
dfo99

underlord and trans

runescape for example is other browser game older than epic duel with trade and betting system working very well. many changes will be needed to install betted matches only in challenge mode in epic duel but in my opnion it is really needed and need be implemented very faster, because the player base is descreasing everyday.

mother1

players hacked/scammed is frequent in all multiplayer games and should not be considered a reason to not install anything.

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 8/29/2014 13:24:45 >
Post #: 9
8/29/2014 13:25:48   
Mother1

@ Dfo99

Just because it is frequent doesn't mean the staff should allow this kind of feature which in turn give scammer and hacker even more power. It is also the main reason why their will never be a trading system.

It will upset those who get scammed, and it will make even more work for the AE help team.

Not to mention this would be bad for business.

With the way it is now, any hacker or scammer would still have to pay for varium on their main accounts due to their being no transferring of items/currency. However with your idea into play that will be a thing of the past. All I would need to do is do what I said in the previous post and boom instant free varium for me at my victim's expense.

Even if you limit the credits and items I can get their varium items and sell them for their currency and I am still getting free varium at the other person's expense. There are so many ways this can be abused, that the pro's don't outweigh the cons.

Also even if you did convince me I am not the person who has the final say. The ED staff and the AE do and if I say yes but they say no than their word overrides mine.
Epic  Post #: 10
8/29/2014 13:28:54   
Ranloth
Banned

RS is a different game entirely. Many other games allow trading whilst AE won't be implementing the feature - this isn't up for debate, since their decision on it is absolute. Making bets, whether it's your items, Credits, and especially Varium will NOT be implemented.

This isn't my decision but made by the Devs. I've got direct contact with them, and betting will NEVER be implemented. The decision is final.
AQ Epic  Post #: 11
8/29/2014 13:36:03   
Remorse

^ plus they officially quoted they never will.

I can't find it however your just going to have to trust me that it exists.
Epic  Post #: 12
8/29/2014 13:39:27   
Mother1

@ remorse

quote:

quote:

I'm usually willing to leave the door propped open for even the wackiest feature suggestions.

However, I can say with 100% confidence that there will NEVER be trade in EpicDuel. The Help Team is already overburdened with reports from players who trade and lose accounts. Building an in-game trade system would just be a one-stop-shop for scammers.

This quote was from nightwraith himself

I found what you are looking for. While it isn't for gambling it is for trading and since both were based off of the same principal I believe this will do seeing as this would be a form of it.
Epic  Post #: 13
8/29/2014 13:43:00   
dfo99

mother1

my focus in this thread is betted matches, if they wanna block the trade system then only allow same amount betted, for example, if you wanna bet 1k of varium then you oponent also should bet 1k of varium. then the hacker will need buy varium anyway.

anyway you posts is completly non sense due the alot of varium and credits generator to download in internet. hacked/scammed people should never be considered a logic reason to not install anything. also with bets the players will spend more money buying varium in ed than ever.

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 8/29/2014 13:47:08 >
Post #: 14
8/29/2014 13:46:59   
Ranloth
Banned

https://twitter.com/Nightwraith_ED/status/505411082706378753 - I think this covers it well.
AQ Epic  Post #: 15
8/29/2014 13:53:12   
DeathGuard

quote:

It would be a huge programming burden to code securely and would be a nightmare for the Help Team. It would hurt way more than help.

https://twitter.com/Nightwraith_ED/status/505411319516778496 More info from NW.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
8/29/2014 13:55:06   
dfo99

quote:

https://twitter.com/Nightwraith_ED/status/505411082706378753 - I think this covers it well.

lol, nightwraith post it 52 secs before here, it means that he's reading this thread now.

then i will say direct for him and all devs:

nightwraith and all devs :D

ed player base is decreasing, i know that will be harder install it and sounds bad allow betted matches, but i don't see other way to keep ed live. then if you dislike my suggest plz show other better (and install it fast)

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 8/29/2014 13:58:32 >
Post #: 17
8/29/2014 14:06:26   
dfo99

quote:

Even if we were 100% in favor of the feature, EpicDuel is too far in development for such a large feature. If it were a brand new game, sure

with my type of betted match, it not affects the pvp, in programing terms it means only creat a box which you can add the credits, varium and equipaments that you wanna bet when challenge other player, if the guy wanna play a normal challenge then is not not add anything. it looks far more easier than made the war 2.0 system.

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 8/29/2014 14:08:26 >
Post #: 18
8/29/2014 14:06:52   
Mother1

dfo99

I know this is off topic, but can think off a few ways to get the population to get back up or at the very least keep the population we have.

1) Actually fulfill the promise they made when they launched epic duel omega. many players left because this promise was never kept while they took away what most people loved from the old phases. If they did this it would greatly help keep the population from declining.

2) Making it so a person's hard work isn't spat upon during the war events. As I pointed out quite a few times, I could be working all day to get the war hero or world domination cheevo and in the last 5 minutes all my hard work could be for nothing due to some rich person who has a ton of super bombs dropping them at the last minute. This kind of thing really grinds a person's gears when they basically get the finger because some rich person with money makes their days worth of work worthless.

3) Putting in a mute button so no one has to see what some immature players have to say to them due to them being sore loser, bad winner or whatever.

Epic  Post #: 19
8/29/2014 14:12:08   
DeathGuard

quote:

ed player base is decreasing, i know that will be harder install it and sounds bad allow betted matches, but i don't see other way to keep ed live. then if you dislike my suggest plz show other better (and install it fast)
Oh really? The time spent in this useless feature could be used to focus on balance and improved wars which are the main complains players are having and that would actually increase the player base since from the 4 years I have been around, I haven't seen someone complaining because of ED not having a betting feature.

quote:

with my type of betted match, it not affects the pvp, in programing terms it means only add a box which you can add the credits, varium and equipaments that you wanna bet when challenge other player, if the guy wanna play a normal challenge then is not not add anything. it looks far more easier than made the war 2.0 system.
Have you seen the code base of ED? Have you ever tried coding? It isn't as easy as you make it sound. ED's coding base is complex and the reason why it was made that way for Omega was due to technical difficulties presented on Delta which would impede them to keep on releasing. Now with this complex coding base, they are able to to make grea improvements to the game itself.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
8/29/2014 14:13:40   
  Nightwraith

Hey! I can login today!

The solution is not betting or trading or gambling. If anything, it would cause more angry players, more disabled account, and more banned accounts. Yes, you could give better gear to your alts, but that's more like an account-wide inventory system rather than trading. If we were just starting a new game, we could build an infrastructure to handle trading, but the game is too far along for such a major change even if we were eager to implement it.

There's not really any reason to discuss it further because trade/betting features will never be implemented in EpicDuel.
Post #: 21
8/29/2014 14:58:57   
dfo99

nightwraith

well, an account-wide inventory system was not my objetive with this thread (i have alts only for tests, not for play) but doesnot matter, this question is over. thanks for answers.
Post #: 22
8/29/2014 16:05:58   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

As Nightwraith said, trading will not be implemented into EpicDuel. I'm going to lock up this thread for now, since there's been a pretty clear answer.

Locking up!

Thanks,
Battle Elf
ED GD Archknight

AQW Epic  Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> allow bets
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition