Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 150 - Read the first post!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 150 - Read the first post!
Page 29 of 29«<2526272829
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/27/2014 12:10:00   
Elite Tuga

quote:

I actually love Gamma Pirate. People are complaining about it's deck but I think it's great.

Gamma Pirates deck is not "great" as 'Fresh Start' is not in its deck & water char's depend on it very much if they have costly cards like Power-Flows, Water Crashes & Healing Springs, ext.

Players who have a lot of gaming experience know that, Water char's not having Fresh Start is like Ice characters without Freeze, Lights without Great Heal, Energy without Energise/Surge or Shadows without Sacrifice, ext. It's all special, efficient & useful cards that isn't available in the CC system & without them performance lacks. That reason alone it's far from great, even it’s Veteran form is better & they are both 0 SG.

We just need to talk to ‘TheSage' respectively and give him player feedback, so next time he doesn't make the same mistakes in the nearby future.

Epic  Post #: 701
9/27/2014 12:10:45   
The Finnish Phoenix

I think what Stalagbite's getting at is that everyone will think as they may and are entitled to their opinion, and of course I have no place in telling someone they don't have a right to their opinion. I'm just saying that for me at any rate, part of the process of forming my opinion, or thinking, involves analysis or comparison. So I'd compare, say, Gamma Pirate's deck to others in order to get a point of reference and inform my perspective as to whether it's great or not so I can consider its practical applications for me. My conclusion is that Gamma Pirate is likely the worst Water Master we've received thus far, is worse than its pre-evolution, and cannot compete with preexisting F2P Water characters like Soul Wyvern and Human Fisher.

It simply cannot convert as much energy as efficiently as they can, and the omission of Fresh Start is a huge part of that in a game where people can justifiably leave CC slots vacant in order to facilitate drawing charge cards (this was critical to the strategy shared by both finalists, clinton and The Jop, in the Energy tournament.) Water isn't Energy and I'd prefer to have full CC's for Water characters so I can slow the fight down enough to stay secure before slowly building up an advantage through repeated Fresh Start + Power Flow combos. Fresh Start + Power Flow essentially deals 1500 damage for 3 energy. In addition, Soul Wyvern has Healing Spring/Sacrifice combos whereby a Sacrifice converts half a Healing Spring (400 HP/2.5 energy) into 500 damage for 200% efficiency, Human Fisher has Surges that can boost a 500-Attack to 200% efficiency (4 energy for 800 damage). Instead of these resources, Gamma Pirate has Water Crash and multiple Water Rapids, both of which do very little for it. In addition, it has 200's that it can't boost. Its 4 Defends are nice, but Soul Wyvern also has them on top of a better (there's really no other word for it) remaining 11 cards.

But I'm glad you think Gamma Pirate's deck is great, Stalagbite, and I wouldn't want to take that away from you. However, as someone who doesn't think it's great, I'd like to know why you do so that I might share your appreciation for him. Share the love, Stalagbite.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 702
9/27/2014 12:14:25   
Gorillo Titan

Finished my first OS vs fight decided to go with two generic characters since I wanted to if people like it I will do more. http://www.wattpad.com/73054944-oversoul-what-if-fights-fight-1-slime-vs-weteye?d=ud

Sage only came up with two decks this release for the voids and gamma pirate the other characters all recycle decks.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 9/27/2014 12:20:40 >
Post #: 703
9/27/2014 12:21:18   
The Finnish Phoenix

I loved every word of it, Gorillo! More please. :3
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 704
9/27/2014 13:37:53   
Magical Winds

Just went to the south lakes to look for the male pirates and poof a male gravelyn defender appears on the screen, I already have a male gravelyn defender though I wish it were a pirate!
AQW  Post #: 705
9/27/2014 14:44:14   
Gorillo Titan

Took me 9 fights to find the pirates.
Post #: 706
9/28/2014 1:32:58   
megakyle777

So... did anyone else notice we got 4 characters released for 2 weeks in a row? I'm hoping this bodes well.
DF  Post #: 707
9/28/2014 1:38:07   
The Jop

We didn't get 4 characters last week, unless you count old characters returning.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 708
9/28/2014 1:46:37   
Gorillo Titan

Holiday characters shouldn't count as amazing releases its good Nulgath put the work in to make them but most of them look completely the same and have the same deck and all the long time OS players know between september and february we get the most releases march tends to be pretty dead.
Post #: 709
9/28/2014 14:57:50   
Stalagbite

Gold Lycan is a great Light character.
Post #: 710
9/28/2014 15:07:24   
The Jop

It's a great free light character.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 711
9/28/2014 16:05:59   
Magical Winds

It doesn't take much to re release seasonal characters into the wild.
Gold lycan is a really balanced light character, all lycans and griffons are very good, balanced characters of their element.
AQW  Post #: 712
9/28/2014 16:34:02   
Gorillo Titan

Lack of freeze is a big problem though and the lycans aren't counted as seasonal.
Post #: 713
9/28/2014 16:37:34   
Magical Winds

yeah lycans aren't seasonal, did anyone say they have to be?
Freeze is a nice add against players using certain characters but overall its not overly helpful, a good amount of both icewalls and shatters are much more important
AQW  Post #: 714
9/28/2014 16:52:27   
Gorillo Titan

Freeze gives a free turn to attack the enemy.
Post #: 715
9/28/2014 17:08:22   
Magical Winds

It throws them off balance, and gives you a chance to penetrate them. It makes it easier to deal damage, but it itself deals no damage. It gives you a chance to give yourself survivability and not hav
e it taken away speedily. Icewall and shatter cost less individually, and either defend you or deal massive damage over time. Freeze does not deal damage nor defend you.

Freeze is nice for ice characters, but icewalls and shatters are more important.

< Message edited by Magical Winds -- 9/28/2014 17:10:44 >
AQW  Post #: 716
9/28/2014 17:21:05   
Gorillo Titan

Freeze works just like iron hide if you think of it for two turns your pretty guaranteed to survive and ice wall and shields can just be CC. It's no comparing between freeze which you either have or done have or shields you can just spam onto your cc.
Post #: 717
9/28/2014 19:17:57   
Skurge
The Dealer

It smells like the 30th page (almost!). Steamed and punked!

~Skurge
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 718
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 27 28 [29]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 150 - Read the first post!
Page 29 of 29«<2526272829
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition