Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 150 - Read the first post!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 150 - Read the first post!
Page 4 of 29«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/4/2014 15:07:45   
Trapper King

Just nabbed myself Frost Dragon from the cellar. Yay!- No more slogging through annoying barbarians
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 76
9/4/2014 17:37:53   
The Finnish Phoenix

^Congrats man!

To Frost Dragon owners how has it been holding up?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 77
9/4/2014 17:46:35   
Elite Tuga

@ Finish Phoenix

"Good to see you Dilly, I see you just joined the Energy Tournament now your going to knock us silly" (pun).

quote:

^Congrats man!

To Frost Dragon owners how has it been holding up?

As a 'Frost Dragon' owner I feel proud to possess such an artistic, powerful, unique & exquisite beast. All for just 1SG.

Epic  Post #: 78
9/4/2014 17:50:13   
The Finnish Phoenix

Thanks, nice to see you too Tuga! Provided I'm not too late I'll try my best although my characters have accumulated some rust and dust. I want to catch Frost Dragon one day but I feel like the lack of Freeze could be an issue for it, do you think the Bashes/Thrashes are good enough to compensate for that?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 79
9/4/2014 17:56:05   
Elite Tuga

quote:

I want to catch Frost Dragon one day but I feel like the lack of Freeze could be an issue for it, do you think the Bashes/Thrashes are good enough to compensate for that?

IMO, most certainly. It's just very efficient & the longer the battle the better the advantage when using them special ATK cards because one's Energy pool lasts longer, oh & its very 'Tank' too so with added CC's it can be a nightmare to beat.
Epic  Post #: 80
9/4/2014 17:57:49   
The Finnish Phoenix

Nice to hear! I look forward to battling Frost Dragons and perhaps finding one. ^___^
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 81
9/4/2014 20:06:09   
The Jop

I think Frost Dragon suffers a lot from its 2 snow orbs. They're 1000 damage for 11 energy at best, and you normally need your defense intact instead of a small attack. So it's good for PvE since you don't normally need a lot of defense there and it can do a good amount of instant damage, but it's not so good in PvP where defense is normally more useful than an overpriced attack. Ice has some of the worst cards in the game: snow orb, ice orb (2000 damage for 22 energy), and frostbite (800 damage over 4 turns for 6 energy). I prefer ice orb since it is not meant to be used several times during a battle, but just at the end where it doesn't matter if you're left defenseless since you've already won.

But I do admit that it looks cool.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 82
9/4/2014 20:15:01   
Gorillo Titan

Snow orb is better than ice orb you will rarely have a chance to use it for 2000 damage
Post #: 83
9/4/2014 20:28:53   
The Jop

Snow orb is only better than ice orb if you use it as a final attack. Otherwise it's a poor decision where you just waste energy and lose a lot of defense.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 9/4/2014 20:41:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 84
9/4/2014 20:36:53   
The Finnish Phoenix

Ice Orb is 2 Snow Orbs in one card, and although you might not have the energy to use it to finish where you otherwise could with Snow Orb, if you've gotten to a place where you can finish with an orb then you can likely just stall a little more for energy and then use it. Besides, it has an awesome animation and Snow is just an attack that apparently can't even combo. :S
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 85
9/4/2014 22:35:11   
some chump

I dislike ice orb's animation. It just seems so slow to me. I prefer how ice orb mimics a normal attack. Also, it CAN be combo'ed. But only into a 5 hit. The bonus damage is lowered to +200 rather than +500, but I am unaware if it can stun.
Post #: 86
9/4/2014 22:45:39   
The Jop

@some chump
You'd better reread your post and edit it so it makes sense. Snow orb and crush are not supposed to give you combo bonuses, but they give you 200 more damage in a 5 hit combo. It's not intentional; it's a bug.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 87
9/4/2014 23:01:06   
Gorillo Titan

We all should agree to disagree im not changing my opion on this some like one card some like another snow orb can be used more effectivevly IMO but its your choice use the card or not.
Post #: 88
9/4/2014 23:23:20   
The Jop

I think they're both pretty bad for the energy costs. Some of the worst cards have a ratio of 1 energy:100 damage, and ice/snow orb have worse rates than that. They're not as bad as 100 pierce, but still, very bad for special cards.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 89
9/4/2014 23:42:32   
Gorillo Titan

How come the location of cellar took so long to update I said Frost Dragon was there release day?
Post #: 90
9/4/2014 23:46:23   
The Jop

It's still bugged. Plus Asuka, a tester, said it wasn't there on release day, so we needed to be absolutely sure it was there before we added it to the Wiki.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 9/4/2014 23:52:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 91
9/5/2014 1:53:27   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

I think they're both pretty bad for the energy costs. Some of the worst cards have a ratio of 1 energy:100 damage, and ice/snow orb have worse rates than that. They're not as bad as 100 pierce, but still, very bad for special cards.

This is very true, both Orbs are unplayable in serious duels except as finishers. Generally Ice can get around this though as they can put all their energy into Freeze/Ice Wall/Shatter and just discard Orbs. Ice was particularly overpowered pre-CC, so it got stuck with Snow Orb, Ice Needle, and Frostbite as expansion cards, none of which helped them.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 92
9/5/2014 5:13:19   
Trapper King

Loving Frost Dragon. Strong offence for an Ice character and an awesome 5-hit to boot.( he breathes ice on the enemy).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 93
9/5/2014 7:07:44   
Gorillo Titan

Had another OS dream this time about the DN old made it halfway though read it before waking up first thing was no character switching it was just a thing used in the video specially done by Nulgath but if he figured out a way to do it they might add it in game and the next thing was a new buy sgs receive this character it was called skeletal minion it had hair and was kind of hunched over looked like pebbles from the Flintstones woke up after that but it had about 4 more paragraphs and it was written as if done by someone other than Nulgath.
Post #: 94
9/5/2014 7:33:44   
JoelJ1998

anyone know if its easier to get frost dragon in the cellar(HOW DOES HE EVEN FIT!?) or at the ice cave
DF AQW  Post #: 95
9/5/2014 8:19:40   
Gorillo Titan

I like to think the cellar has a secret passage to the frost cave used by characters to travel quickly to avoid the dangerous creatures above ground like the barbarians that ransack the northern forest pillaging and etc.

Its the same encounter rate just less work if you refresh farm.
Post #: 96
9/5/2014 8:21:28   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

You could just say Monica has Ice characters up there to keep the place like a freezer for the drinks xD
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 97
9/5/2014 8:24:14   
Gorillo Titan

Is Frost Queen really a queen or a self given title since she's not located on the castle it has me wondering?
Post #: 98
9/5/2014 8:25:57   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

She doesn't have to live at a castle. The cave could hide an underground palace.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 99
9/5/2014 8:27:56   
Gorillo Titan

So Astor used the underground passage from the cellar to her palace to get his revenge or maybe FQ goes there to feed her pet spider since it loves to eat cosmoas.
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 150 - Read the first post!
Page 4 of 29«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition