Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Legend Ranks Counting towards 1st turn

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Legend Ranks Counting towards 1st turn
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/31/2014 17:58:53   
InFlamed Fury

So we all know that higher levels are meant to have a smaller chance to go 1st when battling someone of a lower level, so why not make it apply to Legend Ranks as well?

They are pretty much like levels seeing as they still offer a small boost to your stats. Maybe making it so that lower ranked 40's have a higher chance of getting 1st turn to give them a little advantage (lets be honest high ranks a damn tough to beat).

~UrMenace~
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
9/2/2014 6:57:38   
Thylek Shran

First move is that powerfull that it often decides about win or loss.
Because offensive lower leveled characters already have a big
advantage on Rage and having nearly always first turn I do not
like your suggestion. Level 38 and 39 can win against high ranked
level 40 because of that. It also would make the rank system
pointless to make it equal with character levels.

The legendary rank system sure is a balance problem but your
suggestion would just add more unbalance as it is based on
unbalance without changing the legendary system. As the
legendary system is now there since nearly a year without any
changes it seems to be intended that Legends get a power bonus
which can be unfair when you ignore the play time that got spent
to rank up.
DF Epic  Post #: 2
9/2/2014 19:31:23   
  Exploding Penguin

supported.

In the future, please add more explanation for your support of a topic. This creates a discussion instead of a list of opinions.

Thanks,
Battle Elf
ED GD Archknight

< Message edited by Battle elf -- 9/2/2014 19:31:23 >
Epic  Post #: 3
9/3/2014 2:10:47   
InFlamed Fury

Sorry that i didn't go into detail but TBH i didn't really know how to go into detail but i think i do now.

So it takes about 7.5k exp to get from one legend rank to the next (1->2, 2->3, etc) and each time you do reach a new rank you get the ability to become more powerful with the extra boosts that the ranks provide.

Seeing as each rank is in retrospect just a new sub-level why not make it influence the 1st turn based off how high the ranks are between each player in the battle. I'm not saying to make 1st turn purely based off the ranks but just as a contributing factor for those who are level 40.

Another thing i would like to add is that this system will only function for battles with 2 or more level 40's involved in them, to give 36-39 the same chances that are currently applied in the game. This is so that 40's will still have a chance to attack 1st against people who are not of a rank yet.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/6/2014 12:04:26   
kosmo

I get what you mean, support for fist turn can be op with ranks expecially if combined with all the damage coming from ranks, however this isnt really the point.Ranks make you stronger at a fair cost, but hardcore players will always have more.At this point, since ranks are clearly here to stay, I just suggest people to be patient and to deal with all the experience they have to earn.
I want to take as example wins amount. When I fist started it was very impressive to see someone with 10k wins, and very few players could get that insane amounts.But after years all the dedicated players slowly got tons of wins and some of them are now on top of the leaderboards, while most of the hardcore ones quitted with alot less wins.

< Message edited by kosmo -- 9/6/2014 12:41:36 >
Epic  Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Legend Ranks Counting towards 1st turn
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition