Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AE= New Games In Development!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Artix Entertainment News and Announcements >> =AE= New Games In Development!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/3/2014 22:45:53   
  Alina
Battleon Sorceress

quote:

DRAGONS - A new "Idle Game" for your Apple, Android, and/or Web browser!
We are collaborating with the creators of Cookie Clicker to build an Idle Game about Dragons! There will be 12 Dragons, each with a unique storyline & progression tree. You can follow our progress at www.AQDragons.com

When I first talked to Orteil about the project and he said "yes"... I told him that I was going to make a video in my armor of how excited I was telling everyone. He probably thought I had forgot. He probably was not expecting this video, LOL!

This project is pretty far along... and the Dragons you will be raising in this game play an important role in the game we announced next!

But first... the wall.

THE WALL
Everyone who strives to reach the stars eventually hits a wall... ironically, the wall in this video is not a metaphor. I showed this personal video at the panel before we announced the next game project... it says a lot. It says alot about what it takes to accomplish something hard. Failure is only a temporary situation. Never giving up... battling on... persistance... is the path to acheiving your dreams! No matter what your dreams are. And you know what I REALLY want to make. Watch the video then please read the next game announcement post.

... and....

Serious face time.... here we go!

ADVENTUREQUEST: OMNI PROJECT (Phase III)
Behold, our ambitious 3-stage game project, officially declared! Long live AQ2D & AQ3D!

For the past two months we have been posting ambigious art samples on Twitter and Facebook to get your feedback on different NPC and art styles. We have been asking you random questions and listening to your feedback. These images are prototype characters for our biggest and most ambitious project... a bold step to not only to age up our games, not only to future proof the games against rapidly changing technology, not only to bring our games to new platforms & devices... but start a snowball effect that will avalache right into a new AdventureQuest 3D!

"Hey! These characters look awesome and.. wait, is that back arm art!?!?!"

THIS WAS THE PLAN OF "PROJECT OMNI" FROM THE START... and it gets better.

3D models of the character armors are being created at the same time the 2D ones are! 3D stuff take a lot longer to create, so building the assets in the background while making the 2D game will give it time to all come together. It is vital that we do it in this order to succeed. AQ3D is "The Wall" -- and the steps needed to climb up it are listed below.

THE GAME PLAN

Create a "single player" 2D AdventureQuest (Mobile & Web)
Use the 2D game assets to create a Multiplayer Game (Improved real time combat & PvP)
Create a 3D version of that game that matches seemlessly (Working on 3D assetsin background.)
Also... give the technology that we are building to the DragonFable, MechQuest, Oversoul, etc teams so that they can upgrade the games. We already have a working prototype of the Mobile 2D engine (It is a lot like DragonFable and AQ Classic mixed.) We also have a single player run around of the 3D characters (Cysero showed a video of it) where you can battle a few of the monsters. Do not get the wrong idea... this is a big project and will take quite some time. We want you to be with us every step of the way from 2D to 3D. You probably have a gazillion questions... to which I would like to say... AWESOME! Because, LOL, we probably do not have answers to them yet! ...but that means we get to answer them together.

Please repeat after me....

DRAGONS! AdventureQuest 2D! AdventureQuest 3D!
DRAGONS! AdventureQuest 2D! AdventureQuest 3D!
DRAGONS! AdventureQuest 2D! AdventureQuest 3D

LONG LIVE ADVENTUREQUEST 3D!!!

To read the rest of Artix's post (including Dragon*Con panel stories and more!), head to Artix.com!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Artix Entertainment News and Announcements >> =AE= New Games In Development!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition