Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= September 4th, 2014 - Waves of Wrath Preview

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= September 4th, 2014 - Waves of Wrath Preview
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/4/2014 16:32:28   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

September 04, 2014
Waves of Wrath Preview
Muahaha! I, Charfade, have taken over the EpicDuel Design Notes! All fear my grammar and punctuation wrath! Nightwraith is away recovering from Pax Prime so you’re left with me this week. Due to a Monday holiday and shorten staff, there is no EpicDuel release this week. However, there is still plenty to talk about. Cysero announced at Dragon*Con what we have in store for you this fall. So here are the cliff notes and previews of what to expect from the EpicDuel team.

EpicDuel’s Waves of Wrath

This year the EpicDuel team decided to expand the ever so popular “Talk Like a Pirate Day” held on September 19th with a whole new event! Similar to our LionHart event, EpicDuel’s Waves of Wrath event will have all new missions, npcs, items, styles, achievements, and a redesigned naval yard.

Redesigned Naval Yard

We’ve always thought the Navel Yard could use a bit more sprucing up and give players more of a reason to visit. We also needed more screens to support the new war system. With the new npcs and a boss coming soon to this area, Big Tuna and the Gamma Guard shouldn’t feel so lonely anymore.

New NPCs

The EpicDuel guest teams really have been doing a great job building a whole new cast of characters to expand the ED universe. These npcs will be fightable and playing a huge part in the Waves of Wrath’s three part mission chains.

New Boss

New custom animations and skills are being created for our next major boss. He will be one of the toughest bosses in EpicDuel yet, be sure to stock up if you have any hope in beating him!

War
If you haven’t already guessed yet, the next war will take place in the Naval Yard. Given the size of the EpicDuel Waves of Wrath event, we won't have new war content ready in time, so we will update the war clock next week to reflect this delay. But don't worry! The EpicDuel Waves of Wrath event will come with all sorts of fun to "tide" you over!

Balance and Bug Patch Update
We haven’t forgotten! Titan and RabbleFroth have been working diligently knocking out the current long list of bugs in ED while reviewing some needed balance changes. These changes can be expected in the next EpicDuel release next week.

Twitters to Follow
The EpicDuel staff has been working closely with our guest teams for all the fall and winter events coming in 2014. We recommend following their twitter accounts. As work gets finished they actively post updates and details pertaining to release content for EpicDuel. More is definitely planned for EpicDuel Waves of Wrath so be sure to stay tuned!

Guest Artists
@vorzathiel @AssassinOrd3r @Goony_ED @Mecha_MarioAK @SarpDv @Deuce_AE @Revontheus @HatredCuirassAE @BidoofAE @kingdrekon @Vultex @2046808

Guest Writers
@Vince_fury @Trans_AE

13 Lords of Chaos Poster Promotion

Available now from HeroMart.com get the new 13 Lords of Chaos Poster.
This poster comes with 2 exclusive EpicDuel in-game items: Chaos Dragonslayer Sword P and Chaos Dragonslayer Sword E.

These Design Notes were edited by Mecha Mario to ensure the finest in content quality.

Tags: charfade

Tagged. ~WhiteTiger

< Message edited by WhiteTiger -- 9/4/2014 16:50:14 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 1
9/4/2014 16:45:24   
Nick C

Awesome news! Can't wait :)
Epic  Post #: 2
9/4/2014 17:16:54   
Rayman
Banned

So for the next week we are getting a Balance update? Thats good, but it better be a big balance update not a Tiny one like the last time and then the big event that I have been waiting for.
And if there are some new balance update fails for next week, please fix them quick and release the fix at the event update.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
9/4/2014 17:21:01   
martinsen5

Still haven't beaten the last boss as it was so difficult, and they say this one will be even more difficult? :(

Either way, I'm so excited for this event!
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/4/2014 17:23:06   
Daph Duck

Next week's release sounds awesome, looking forward to see the balance changes and personally I'm very excited for the new boss. I really hope it's just as challenging as Saeva Lionhart, or even more so.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
9/4/2014 17:38:21   
dfo99

i complete the lionhart missions in 15 mins.. i hope that this time the event give more things to do.

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 9/4/2014 21:04:26 >
Post #: 6
9/4/2014 17:57:23   
DeathGuard

^lol
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
9/4/2014 19:03:08   
Dual Thrusters

I hope Cyber Hunter can beat this guy

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
9/4/2014 19:57:33   
  Exploding Penguin

Reading this made me laugh my heart out.

Because the message it's implying is so true.
Epic  Post #: 9
9/4/2014 19:59:05   
Mother1

I wonder who will be on offense and who will be on defense this time? I hope Exile is actually on offense once again.

But at the same time I wonder what balance changes will come. Will they make or break?
Epic  Post #: 10
9/4/2014 20:09:05   
doomkiller98

I beat lionhart as a lvl 36 Tech Mage (Because Ima boss.)
quote:

But at the same time I wonder what balance changes will come. Will they make or break?

Since when was the last time they "Made"
LOL

~Doom
Post #: 11
9/4/2014 20:11:14   
Dual Thrusters

quote:

I beat lionhart as a lvl 36 Tech Mage (Because my class is a boss.)

Did a little editing here :P
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
9/4/2014 20:21:36   
doomkiller98

Please, Tech mage VS Lionhart is atrociously bad. (took 174 rounds to kill him.)

< Message edited by doomkiller98 -- 9/4/2014 20:22:07 >
Post #: 13
9/4/2014 20:31:05   
Rayman
Banned

My lvl 35 TM Did it faster, 157 Rounds.

quote:

New custom animations and skills are being created for our next major boss. He will be one of the toughest bosses in EpicDuel yet, be sure to stock up if you have any hope in beating him!

Is there a way to paste some of that to the PvP part of the game?
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
9/4/2014 20:33:35   
Dual Thrusters

Taking a long time doesn't make it bad...

Well unless you're farming for his weapon.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
9/4/2014 20:38:28   
Rayman
Banned

Ive killed saeva 160+ No drops, I already got tired thought.
btw Goto naomi
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
9/4/2014 20:38:54   
Daph Duck

Tech Mage is by far the easiest class to fight bosses with. They get an independent, reliable energy regeneration skill as well as a decent energy drain as well as a buff skill (Technician) that is improved by dex, a defensive stat on its own. Just because it's extremely boring/repetitive doesn't mean it's bad at all. I was able to defeat Lionhart as a level 34 TM in just 1 round short of 200.

-

On topic of the DNs, that white haired pirate girl with green eyeshadow is very pretty and I wonder what role she plays in the new event.

< Message edited by Daph Duck -- 9/4/2014 20:39:11 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
9/4/2014 20:44:08   
Rayman
Banned

Maybe shes the Evil Kraken But using a human form to investigate his enemy while living with them and helping them
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
9/4/2014 20:55:27   
DeathGuard

@Rayman and Daph Duck: She is a Naval Guard. Can't spoil no more!

On topic, finally finished this aux:
Agony's Sorrow

Also, the first TLAPD player suggestion was picked already, I wonder who's the lucky artist!

EDIT: Uploaded the animation of Agony's Sorrow to my DA!

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 9/4/2014 21:20:08 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
9/4/2014 23:33:41   
Dual Thrusters

@Death

Now that is one sick animation!
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
9/4/2014 23:44:34   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

Does this new event mean we're getting a new promo package? I been avoiding the current promos since they don't really fit into my build.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
9/4/2014 23:48:50   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above yes we are, i am making the promo as we speak
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
9/5/2014 0:33:37   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

That's so good to hear, I can finally buy more varium lol
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
9/5/2014 2:27:04   
Ranloth
Banned

Yes, that's the Naval Guard (female). Can't day what her role is, but she will be involved in a few Missions. Since she's the new Guard, it's allowed us to give her a bit more of a personality, as opposed to being just a generic Guard.
For Missions in general, to actually enjoy the entire event - instead of doing the missions and then being bored - reading the dialogue helps. It's a bit longer than other Missions, so each objective is explained and why. But it will flow pretty well, isn't too confusing but it's still pretty detailed.

For the Bosses, whilst writing up the Missions, I've made some requests for how the Boss fights should be set up - taking into account some classes being unable to last in long fights, such as Saeva. Once it's live, you will see what I meant. ^^
There are also the balance changes. I don't work on balance, so I don't have the info on them, but they may deal with buffing some skills. Or at least I'd expect them to, since these two classes (BH and CH) seriously lag behind, when it comes to the EP return...

< Message edited by Trans -- 9/5/2014 2:38:47 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 24
9/5/2014 10:04:55   
Rayman
Banned

So is the boss a 1v1, 2v1 with Npc Partner or with ally? Because the last NPC partner was kinda Useless.
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= September 4th, 2014 - Waves of Wrath Preview
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition