Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Add more robot versions for primary attacks

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Add more robot versions for primary attacks
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/9/2014 14:46:36   
Thylek Shran

I suggest that every robot should have a ranged
and melee primary attack version with switched
elements. This would help with balance and build
diversity.

As example Infernal Android has only a version for
melee attack and no ranged counterpart.
This does get abused by 5 focus BMs and BHs with
Mark of Blood while Infernal Android is often not
usefull for other classes and tech builds who lack
dexterity for the primary attack.
Same with Azraelīs Borg who also lacks a ranged
version for the basic attack.

For Infernal Android it would looks like this:

Infernal Android P: Basic physical melee attack (blockable) + Energy ranged special (deflectable)
(current version)

Infernal Android E: Basic energy ranged attack (deflectable) + Physical ranged special (deflectable) OR Physical melee special (blockable)

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 9/9/2014 14:47:27 >
DF Epic  Post #: 1
9/9/2014 16:25:30   
slumbering insomniac

infernal android does have a blockable physical and a ranged energy attack though?
or are you saying that every robot should have the same attack setup?
Epic  Post #: 2
9/9/2014 17:48:00   
Mother1

Basically what he wants is for every robot to have a melee and non melee version of the same thing normal attack wise.

However to this suggestion if you think about it none of the robots have this even though some have counterparts that do the same damage.

Also I don't see this happening with all the bots due to at least 2 of them being permanent rares.
Epic  Post #: 3
9/9/2014 20:58:55   
Thylek Shran

quote:

or are you saying that every robot should have the same attack setup?

Nope. The most robots are just not usefull when focusing on tech while alot robots are
very powerfull for 5 focus dex builds. For tech builds there are only 2-4 usefull robots...

- Dark/Botanical Borg (pure ranged, the special is only and not that usefull in 2vs2 and Jugg),
- Pyro Fly (pure ranged, the special is based on luck),
- Dark/Botanical Hazard (poison with high cooldown but only with basic melee attack),
- Gamma Bot (choice between ranged and melee attack but is Ultra-Rare Legacy)

while all other robots favour dex and dex/focus builds because of their basic melee attack
which mostly is more important when using a 4 or 5 focus build than the special attack.

quote:

Also I don't see this happening with all the bots due to at least 2 of them being permanent rares.

Which are Gamma Bot and Golden Yeti. Gamma Bot is fine because the attacks
are unlimited switchable between ranged and melee and the Golden Yeti has the
10 damage bonus while only 100 characters have it that mostly are retired or
donīt use it.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 9/9/2014 21:04:50 >
DF Epic  Post #: 4
9/9/2014 23:49:53   
Qwerty Again

Wouldn't everyone than buy the deflectable version as there is always a base percent to be blocked and blocks deal significantly less than deflects
Post #: 5
9/10/2014 5:18:40   
slumbering insomniac

what if every bot had a melee physical attack and a ranged energy attack,
and the physical melee improved with dexterity while the energy ranged improved with technology
and possibly could even have a special of energy or physical damage which is unblockable,
sort of along the lines of what you're saying but a bi different
Epic  Post #: 6
9/11/2014 0:06:05   
Thylek Shran

quote:

Wouldn't everyone than buy the deflectable version as there is always a base percent to be blocked and blocks deal significantly less than deflects

There is also a minimum chance for deflections which is double as high as for blocks if im right.
Also a dexterity advantage has a bigger effect on blocks than a technology advantage on deflections.
So its more likely to get deflected than to get blocked in average.

Dex builds would use the melee robots while tech builds would use the ranged versions.
The only problem that I see is that robot damage does increase with tech and not with dex.
So the idea of slumbering insomniac to improve melee robot attacks with dex and ranged
robot attacks with tech is interesting.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 9/11/2014 0:09:20 >
DF Epic  Post #: 7
9/11/2014 18:03:51   
Variation

I'm a strong supporter for more deflectable robots. It's extremely hard for five focus users to match the dexterity of a good strength build. That clearly means one of the five focus user's main attacks has a moderate chance to be blocked. If we actually had decent deflectable robots maybe more players would be playing five focus. I saw way more five focus users when the Black Abyss Bot E was deflectable. It's no shocker as to why, the Black Abyss Bot E was an even better robot than it is now when it was deflectable. Five focus users need more sources of reliable damage, and sadly blockable robots just don't provide that security. Especially when you see almost everyone using Ninja Reflexes which boosts their block chance by 4%. You tell me if you're against a good player and he blocks your rage robot, how exactly do you overcome that? You practically can't if the player is half decent. If it was deflected however(the chance is way lower most of the time because five focus users tend to train technology), that is a completely different story because 50% of the damage went through. You could surely overcome that, as I've done it with partners in 2v2 many times. If five focus users actually had the stat points to actually get high dexterity(100+) while being able to maintain good robot damage and defenses then I wouldn't be posting in this thread. However, as it stands now they can't without severely hurting their build. This is why I completely support more deflectable robots.

*My post applies to level 40 PvP. This issue isn't as severe at lower levels(0-37) from what I've gathered from PvPing at those levels.
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Add more robot versions for primary attacks
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition