Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

game music!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> game music!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/9/2014 15:55:52   
slumbering insomniac

one of the things (for me) that helps set the atmosphere for a game is music.
just like runescape has it's own set of simple, but scene-setting set of backing tracks for each area of the map (which of course you have the option to mute entirely)
I think if there were area and style appropriate backing tracks to each different region of the map (or maybe even just a few regions)
it would improve the overall feeling of playing the game.
furthermore, even more intense tunes for boss battles (such as the chairman platinum track if you are challenging him during the ultraloop mission) would
bring a lot more excitement to epicduel
thoughts anyone?
Epic  Post #: 1
9/9/2014 16:01:37   
Mother1

Already in the FSI under sound effects and music
Epic  Post #: 2
9/9/2014 16:15:10   
One Winged Angel1357

Well here is the staffs old stance on the music suggestion. To be exact this is from Lycus in this topic
quote:

It's a brilliant idea, and it's something that over the past few years, as a team, we have discussed it a lot. However, creating sounds for everything is a lot of work, coding, making the sounds, and making sure they play at the right time. It also creates lag, which is a draw back, and as with almost all features, there are pros and cons with it.

Music, we would not be able to use any songs by famous artists, and produced by any one professionally, unless we purchased the rights to use their music, which is extremely expensive, and is certainly not an option. The only possibility is music made by us as staff, or using an artist who is already good friends of the lab staff, such as One Eyed Doll or Voltaire, but right now, the game does not have the support (coding wise), to use music. Again, it's a lot of work, and coding, which would in the end come out with a nice, versatile feature, but it would require a lot of time spent on it.

Thank you for the suggestion, it's something that we have discussed, and I'm sure we will discuss it further in the future!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
9/9/2014 16:21:31   
slumbering insomniac

ahh that's annoying, do you not think it will ever be put in the game?
Epic  Post #: 4
9/9/2014 19:00:27   
  Exploding Penguin

Not supported because I would prefer they spend the staff spend their time working on more pressing matters. It doesn't matter to me anyways, since all I listen to is Touhou music and there isn't any need for me to listen to anything else since Touhou music is godly.
Epic  Post #: 5
9/9/2014 23:49:37   
Thylek Shran

There is no need for fulltime music everywhere but some jingles could be helpfull to bind
players to the game because they feel more familiar then. Of course there should be
selected options for music and sound effects. Personally I have sound effects off all time
because they are annoying. I think at least an unique welcome melody that appears after
or during the login screen for the recognition effect would be great.
This won´t has to cost any money at all as its really simple to compose midi songs that
could be converted into the wave or mp3 format to be compatible with flash. There are so
many artists around that would share them for small money or no money at all.
DF Epic  Post #: 6
9/10/2014 5:23:26   
slumbering insomniac

surely making a simple mp3 beat to be played on repeat specific to one region of the map would take no time at all?
it takes 10 minutes to a a short, repetitive tune on Imusic or garageband

< Message edited by slumbering insomniac -- 9/10/2014 5:27:09 >
Epic  Post #: 7
9/10/2014 18:54:56   
  Exploding Penguin

I'm pretty sure they would want it to be high-quality. If you'd be satisfied with a tune that was made in 10 minutes in some free program like garageband, then I honestly don't see why you can't just find a playlist on youtube or something and listen to it.
Epic  Post #: 8
9/10/2014 19:14:07   
Nick C

I just listen to music off of youtube while i play. It's great because it's all my favorite songs.
Epic  Post #: 9
9/10/2014 19:27:50   
Mother1

Even if this wasn't in the FSI I couldn't support it.

For one I have my very own music I listen to when I battle. With the exceptions of a few boss fights I can listen to what I please and this suggestion would take that away from me.

Not to mention the game has a lot more pressing issues that need to be addressed such as balance issues as well as matchmaking issues, and Music and take a back seat to the those issues.
Epic  Post #: 10
9/10/2014 19:37:56   
Dual Thrusters

@Mother

Well the Devs would surely add a "mute music" option in the settings if music were to be played everywhere on the map.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
9/10/2014 23:28:23   
  Exploding Penguin

^Very True. What a lot of people don't realize when making mostly cosmetic suggestions like these are:

quote:

Not to mention the game has a lot more pressing issues that need to be addressed such as balance issues as well as matchmaking issues, and Music and take a back seat to the those issues.

quote:

Not supported because I would prefer they spend the staff spend their time working on more pressing matters.
Epic  Post #: 12
9/11/2014 7:16:38   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

Game sound and music is listed under the Frequently Suggested Ideas, please read these before posting.

Locked!

Thanks,
Battle Elf
ED GD Archknight
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> game music!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition