Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= September 12th, 2014 - Waves of Wrath + Patch Notes 1.6.24

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= September 12th, 2014 - Waves of Wrath + Patch Notes 1.6.24
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/12/2014 13:32:27   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

September 12, 2014
Waves of Wrath

Yarrrr! Avast ye landlubbers and prepare for an invasion! The shores of the Delta V West Naval Yard are being stormed by scurvy sea dogs serving a dark master. Can you unravel the mystery of these peculiar pirates and reveal the true horror that lies beneath the waves? Find out today!

Booty and Balance

Explore the newly redesigned Naval Yard and investigate the mysterious invasion. The Naval Guard Thalyssa is attempting to restore order, but the renegade Captain Shoggoth and his band of pirates are attempting to claim the shoreline for their own dark purpose. Stock up with new Naval Guard Armors available from Thalyssa in the Naval Yard. You'll need them to weather the oncoming storm.

The Waves of Wrath missions are not quite ready to go live, but next week we'll be releasing parts 1 and 2 together.
Also, we've done a massive balance pass and have made some major adjustments. A full list of changes will be available in the patch notes.

Talk Like a Pirate Returns

Big Tuna is restocked with classic TLaPD items! Find her in the Naval Yard to check out her inventory of nautical loot. There are bound to be more treasures available as the event progresses!

Pirate Styles

Talk like a pirate and LOOK like a pirate. We're introducing 24 new pirate styles (4 for each class and gender).

Pirate Decor

Decorate your cabin with over 15 new pirate and nautical-themed home items!

Stay tuned next week for more pirate-themed madness in EpicDuel. The Waves of Wrath have just begun!

Tags: Nightwraith

quote:

September 12, 2014
Patch Notes - 1.6.24
NEW CHANGES/FEATURES:
  • Expanded and revamped West Naval Yard
  • New NPCs
    • Pirate Soldier
    • Naval Guard Thalyssa
    • Captain Shoggoth
  • New Talk Like a Pirate Day items
    • Naval Guard Armor Male/Female
      • Available from Naval Guard
    • Fishing Pole (Sword)
      • Available from Big Tuna

• 15+ New TLaPD home items
  • 24 New hairstyles (4 for each gender/class)

BALANCE CHANGES:
    • Static Charge
      • We’re currently exploring solutions for making Static Charge a little more consistent. The changes weren’t quite ready this week, but we hope to have them ready for the next patch.

• Hybrid, Mineral, and Plasma Armor
      • Now affected by Legendary skill points

• Energy Parasite
      • Now blockable. Will still drain Energy when blocked, similar to Assimilation

• Multi-Target Skills (Multi-Shot, Artillery Strike, Plasma Rain)
      • Now deal 90% damage when hitting two opponents, up from 85%
      • Cost 20 less Energy when hitting two opponents

• Massacre
      • Lower EP cost by 10 to be on par with the other ultimate skills.

• Static Grenade
      • Lower Drain by 10
      • Energy drain increases by 1 every 5 Support, up from 4.5
      • Caster absorbs 50% of Energy drained, up from 35%
      • Overall effect should increase Energy drain.

• EMP Grenade
      • Base Energy drain changed to 90-270 (+20 per level)

• Overload
      • Increase EP Cost by 10
      • Decrease damage by 20

• Plasma Bolt
      • Decrease EP Cost by 20

BUGS FIXED:
  • Lionhart's Roar was granting Rage to allied NPCs.
  • The Desert Gem A in the Buried Treasure mission was hidden behind an NPC, making it difficult/impossible to click.
  • Descriptions for many stats/equipment were being cut off.
  • Venom Strike minimum damage changed to 30 from 50
  • If Armored Roots is active, using Toxic Grenade will skip your turn.
  • Infernal War Cadet achievement incorrectly displaying as Rare.
  • The typo war continues.

Tags: RabbleFroth Patch Notes
  • Tagged! ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle elf -- 9/12/2014 17:43:14 >
    AQ Epic  Post #: 1
    9/12/2014 13:34:18   
    suboto

I hope hope hope the balance update is the return of passives or a passive skill tree or a buff to tlm
    Epic  Post #: 2
    9/12/2014 13:47:31   
    doomkiller98

Nope ^.^ But its better than nothing :D ( Energy parasite getting nerfed.)
    Post #: 3
    9/12/2014 13:56:27   
    Mother1

They listened to my suggestion with energy parasite and made it blockable. They should have done that from the start seeing as it was nothing more than a free unblockable hit that people were abusing. Multi's got buffed as well.

They also nerfed overload while buffing EMP grenade and static grenade.

Sadly the missions aren't ready but oh well.
    Epic  Post #: 4
    9/12/2014 14:04:15   
    Ranloth
    Banned

It was unblockable whilst at 70% damage, and wasn't abused then. It wasn't a mistake to leave it there, but no one would've foreseen it'll be that much of an issue. Overload + Bolt change should even out Dex and Tech Casters, instead of Dex dominating across all levels. Still fascinated by the Multi and how it'll turn out in 2v2, in practice that is. Also, EMP got nerfed actually - it increases by +20 EP per level, not +20 EP more drained. Poked NW to reflect on it.

Fun fact: Part 1 was meant to go live next week, actually - and next part week after, so in fact, it's an early release for the missions. :p

< Message edited by Trans -- 9/12/2014 14:18:48 >
    AQ Epic  Post #: 5
    9/12/2014 14:20:05   
      RabbleFroth

Thanks for the heads up on that, Trans. Updated the description to match the actual change.
    Post #: 6
    9/12/2014 14:39:13   
    Remorse

It would be cool if they balanced the core game mechanics, to allow for much more viable variety.

This would invlove making classes unqiue with clear defined strengths and weaknesses.

In my opionion they are moving in the wrong direction with the static change.
    BHs should be a class with no source of energy regain.

And the core mechanics of the game should not be so focused on energy so much so that classes become unviable without one....

Also they have still left many issues unresolved.

Why would you remove passives only to have free costing spam skiils like battery and static skills do the exact same thing.
    Which is they are basically must have skills and the have no downside.
    Please explain to me how these skills differs from any of the reasoning used to remove passives.
    This begs to question was the change in anyway beneficial?
    Because it has had a detrimental effect on the game mechanics.

Why are we left in the dark about the direction they wish for the game mechanics.
    Cause I can tell you as it is, it's far more boring and actually has less viable variety then most other phases of the game.

Honestly to me these small balance changes meen nothing.
    I don't really care if they get the current mechanics balanced because this battle of the energy regain/drain meta is boring, I would much prefer changes that made the game actually fun agian even if balance became temporarily worse as a result.

Hopefully this constructive criticism is helpful in anyway.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 9/12/2014 15:04:35 >
    Epic  Post #: 7
    9/12/2014 15:42:21   
    Hun Kingq

An illogical change was Energy parasite:
    1. Dealt very little damage
    2. drains the least amount of energy
    3. Does not improve with any stat
    4. The percentage is set for energy drain
    5. Requires 42 support at max while other energy drain skills require no stats to use
    6. Compare all the energy drain skills and you will see that Energy Parasite is the weakest

People complained that this one skill made the Blood Mage over powered just as they did with the fireball so they listened to the players that does not play that class and made a change that should not be made as they realized they did with fireball after a year and a half so how long will it take them to realized that this change will be a mistake?

They make it blockable than these things should happen in exchange:
    1. Make no stat requirement
    2. Bring the energy drain up to par with with other energy drain skills
    3. Bring up the energy percentage returned back to the player since it does not improve with any stats.

The multi target skills 85% to 90% trying to get players to use it while decreasing energy cost.
    1. Still be to weak to waste energy with
    2. Plasma Rain and Multi Shot improves with Dex so less likely to get a Critical Strike
    3. Players will stick to single attack weapons and skills that deals more damage at less energy

They want to bring things on par with other skills like they did with massacre
    1. If they use massacre on you, you lost the match
    2. Super Charge is the weakest that is why no one uses it

If they want to bring skills up to par with each other how about these two:

Bunker Buster

Stat (Technology)
    +1 Physical Damage at 20 Technology, +1 Physical Damage per 4 Technology after

Plasma Cannon

+10 Energy Damage at 24 Technology, +10 Energy Damage per 4 Technology after
    Epic  Post #: 8
    9/12/2014 16:11:41   
    One Winged Angel1357

Normally I just throw my youtube links out to twitter and let you guys circulate them but I'm giving some love to the non-twitter users and here is the video, EpicDuel Update Waves of Wrath Setup w/OWA.

spoiler:

My comments reflect my personal views on matters and does not reflect on the views of anyone else. You have been warned that you have free reign over your thoughts just as I do.
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
    9/12/2014 16:14:01   
    Justingbieberfangirl

@Hun Kingq
    quote:

6. Compare all the energy drain skills and you will see that Energy Parasite is the weakest

quote:

2. drains the least amount of energy

quote:

They want to bring things on par with other skills like they did with massacre

Your arguments dont make sence as you compare them to stuff already in game. Saying parasite is worse without ANY PROOF what so ever, also it was a must have before at least in high lvls.
    I am having difficulty to differ is this a troll or for serious. Bms were way too over used.
    Also i use supa charge on tm n have lost 1 out of 8 matches. So it does work.

Also sure it the parasite is weak on low energy it isnt supposed to be strong. 15% out of 2.5k energy would be 375 MORE THAN MAX BATTERY BACKUP. No build should be superior.
    No class should be superior.

quote:

The multi target skills 85% to 90% trying to get players to use it while decreasing energy cost.
    1. Still be to weak to waste energy with

Well they did something and didnt want to over power it to make it a must have so. Atleast be thankful for that.
    On to the topic

I feel as the time they took to develop this was a bit big but considering that making new map and npcs is difficult I'll give them credit for that.
    I was kind of dissapointed in balance but not because they did something wrong but they could have improved on certain ereas such as str still having no draw back.
    Support being weak. And no new skill cores/tactics introduced to the game. But overall I really enjoy the artwork and the soldiers. Balance is a little better too so over all
    great work.
    Post #: 10
    9/12/2014 16:24:16   
    Ranloth
    Banned

^ As I've said, Part 1 was meant to go live next week - we hoped to release it early, but not everything was completed just yet, in order for it to go live. Getting Part 1 and Part 2 next week, is essentially a double release - as opposed to one Part per week. But yeah, NPCs and new areas are really time consuming, and with limited time, it can get quite stressful. Not mentioning the items, weapons, etc, needed for the entire event took some time too. Regardless, with both Parts going live next week, there will be plenty of missions to play through!

Balance wise, I always prefer small steps to major changes which may result in doing more harm than good. Ain't perfect, but it should be a little bit better for everyone (but CHs?). TLMs could use a buff, yeah, or rather something to bond their skills together and improve synergy. They aren't OP nor UP, it's just the poor synergy which makes it lean towards UP.
    AQ Epic  Post #: 11
    9/12/2014 16:38:29   
    InFlamed Fury

Look, IMO, until they fix how OP strength is, the balance updates won't mean that much. Granted they will still do something, but it just doesn't do enough

~UrMenace~
    AQW Epic  Post #: 12
    9/12/2014 16:44:43   
    suboto

What we need:
    Rage reworked on
    str and high hp looked at
    ^
    those are what we need.
    Other stuff later on needed:
    Atomic smash being improved is another.
    Field commander looked at
    Shadow arts energy cost reduced by 5 per lvl increased.
    stun grenades looked at dmg side is just not enough for whats invested into it.
    Merc's rage increase skill energy cost per lvl reduced by 5

Other questions
    Would tlm be more useable for a dex invested grenade or a tech or support invested grenade as either of the 2 will be usable with surigical strike or artillary strike

< Message edited by suboto -- 9/12/2014 16:47:30 >
    Epic  Post #: 13
    9/12/2014 18:49:13   
    Dual Thrusters

quote:

Massacre
    Lower EP cost by 10 to be on par with the other ultimate skills.

Me likey
    MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
    9/12/2014 20:02:51   
    kosmo

@trans.
    The EMP actually got buffed by 20 ep drained and the level scaling changed between 7 and 10.The cost is still the same
    Epic  Post #: 15
    9/12/2014 20:07:03   
      Exploding Penguin

"Plasma Bolt's EP cost decreased by 20"

I'm really tempted to play nuke Plasma bolt stall build TM now.

quote:

EMP Grenade
    Base Energy drain changed to 90-270 (+20 per level)

One of the strongest instant energy drains became stronger. Yes please. Now builds other than CH strength are a little easier to make viable.

Overall I'd say some nice balance changes, but they haven't really touched on the core of the problem: the current meta which focuses way too much on energy flow. I'm still waiting to see those static charge changes, but I'd really hope to see the reimplementation of class-specific passives in some way, because I think that'd fix the problem.

Epic  Post #: 16
    9/12/2014 22:05:29   
    dfo99

after darkness lord build obliterate everybody using maxed parasite, azreal bazzoka and hawk bot, and alessio, plisk, and many others high lv players that can't made theyselfs build copy it, then rabblefroth nerf the parasite skill used almost in all others focus 5 build, affecting all others bms that not have copied it. in a nutshell, my build for example not is op, and always lose to any merc with maxed blood commander, but my build also take this nerf.

rabblefroth

before nerf these temporally bms, why you never think about the permanent bms? guys (like me) that never change the classe even after you insane patches (like the super oped bhs and tms after passives skills removal).

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 9/12/2014 22:06:56 >
    Post #: 17
    9/12/2014 22:19:25   
    Mother1

@ dfo99

I have to ask since when has this cycle ever stopped because of permanent players within certain classes. Until something drastic happens it will always be this

1 A powerful build or builds are made
    2 People who can't find their own builds or don't want to copy it
    3 said build becomes overused
    4 People who don't want to find their own builds to counter it but don't want to copy complain about it
    5 The staff nerfs said build/ class
    6 Another build that was kept in check and/or a new build comes along and takes the place of the old one/ones
    7 repeat steps 1-6

Epic  Post #: 18
    9/12/2014 22:36:00   
    dfo99

made parasite blockable is so stupid like made venom strike blockable, in venom case, it could made the cyber hunter high mana build disappear, but still is a dumb balance in parasite case.

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 9/12/2014 22:40:25 >
    Post #: 19
    9/12/2014 22:49:40   
    Dual Thrusters

Well it's still stronger than the original Parasite...
    MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
    9/12/2014 23:39:13   
    Pemberton

Hey Titan I will give you a ASAP to-do-list to help you:
    1) Limit class changing and jumping
    2) Show skill tree but hide skill level
    3) Nerf Strength and Buff Support (Cmon man this is obvious)
    4) Make some more skills not cost energy but something else (health, rage bar, turn) because this whole control energy win game meta is getting annoying
    5) Give weapons some cores because right now buying weapons for art is just a waste of credits especially hundreds of weapons per week
    6) Very important: Introduce random NPC in 2v2 and Juggernut because these modes you wait 30 minutes to start.
    Post #: 21
    9/12/2014 23:57:38   
    Silver Sky Magician

YES! Pirate hat is non-varium :D

Increased Static Grenade drain is also welcome. Maybe I can take the filler points out of Shadow Arts and put them somewhere useful.

'Imperial Naval Guard' is an interesting title, though. It suggests that there's a king in Delta V, one that is unaffiliated with either Legion or Exile (apparently welcoming the help of both). To what extent does the Legion control Delta V?

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 9/13/2014 0:08:11 >
    Post #: 22
    9/13/2014 2:14:10   
    Ranloth
    Banned

Old builds, before Parasite did 85% damage, didn't really care that much for the damage it dealt. Often, it was guaranteed 50 damage only. Now, you have a chance for 85% or 30 (block). The only issue with it is, Strength abusers cannot have a ball at it anymore, whilst effect still gets through. After all, it wasn't the effect which was too strong but the free unblockable hit. I honestly doubt the BMs are ruined now, because you ended up with blockable Parasite. The effect still goes through, just not all the damage - if blocked."

For the passives, they won't be coming back for sure. It's also highly unlikely there will be two separate skill trees either, if anything, you'd really not expect it anytime soon either.

@Silver Sky Magician
    Many places haven't yet been explored. The area we know, is a small part of the Delta V which leaves plenty of room for expansions. Can't say much though, sorry. :p
    AQ Epic  Post #: 23
    9/13/2014 3:21:30   
    Satafou

A 1 vs 1 player, suggesting to add npcs into 2 vs 2. What a stupid idea we already know 1 vs 1 ratio's have very little meaning as almost everyone has some % of npcs in them, and now you suddenly want 2 vs 2 win ratio's to be meaningless? Anyhow back on topic, I don't know why you're all being so critical on this update, I for one who is a massive balance nerd, actually find this is a very good balance update. It's the best balance based update they've done for a long time and also including the whole new naval yard as well. I give credit when it's due and this update they've done well. A lot better than usual at the very least.

< Message edited by Satafou -- 9/13/2014 3:22:19 >
    Post #: 24
    9/13/2014 3:39:35   
    Mother1

@ satafou

Anyone who has played in the first infernal war has had their 2 vs 2 ratio tainted with NPC wins so that isn't a valid excuse.

Also look at the numbers that are online. They are lower than ever and during non peak hours reach as low as 100-300 sometimes. People are hard pressed to find matches and not everyone is patient to wait long enough. Especially seeing a many of the audience are younger players who don't know the meaning of the word.

If they don't do something to relieve wait times as well as fix matchmaking then be prepared to lose even more people and for what? So 2 vs 2 ratio's which have already been tainted by NPC wins in the past?
    Epic  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= September 12th, 2014 - Waves of Wrath + Patch Notes 1.6.24
    Page 1 of 3123>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition