Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= September 12th, 2014 - Waves of Wrath + Patch Notes 1.6.24

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= September 12th, 2014 - Waves of Wrath + Patch Notes 1.6.24
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/13/2014 4:05:04   
Satafou

That infernal war, is no where near to the amount of impact 1 vs 1 npcs had on this game. People have done over 40k npcs on their record. Not to mention you're only saying this because that was the only time you got +90% ratio ever in 2 vs 2. One thing you are forgetting is that those npcs ruined 2 vs 2 and thank god it was only temporary. While you may of been in an all npc battle, others including myself were stuck with a stupid brain dead npc against two live players, now is that what you want for 2 vs 2? For it to be even more unbalanced than it is now? 2 vs 2 ratio's are hardly tainted, the most active players during that time, you're looking at about 1500 maximum 2 vs 2 wins to be at 90%+ or lower if you were in my situation and that is for the hard core players. It has absolutely no comparison to the extent 1 vs 1 npcs had on this game. If the devs were to keep up what they're doing right now, in time 2 vs 2 will naturally be fixed with good balance, more players would naturally return and this game would get naturally more entertaining and competitive.

< Message edited by Satafou -- 9/13/2014 4:06:31 >
Post #: 26
9/13/2014 4:13:28   
comicalbike

well the wait times with hardly any players now is to great for me so no one to fight something must be done
Epic  Post #: 27
9/13/2014 4:23:30   
Mother1

@ Satafou

When I made this suggestion did you really think I didn't think of that? I had to deal with that in the war as well sometimes, and for the sake of that there would be one NPC on each side along with one person. Meaning if a NPC is on one side then there will be one on the other to balance it. There would be no one NPC and Player Vs 2 players that I can agree is unfair.

However putting that aside I am not suggesting this for my ratio I am suggesting this because as I pointed out the servers at an all time low. Especially during non peak hours and school hours. 100-300 players during non peak hours, 300-400 players sometimes during peaks hours due to school. These numbers are low and rejecting a solution that can be fixed so it doesn't give you bad matchups just because you had a bad experience and you don't want to taint a battle mode that was already tainted (Yes it was tainted seeing at it happened period) is basically rejecting a working solution that gave results in the past.

This solves not only wait times which can go up to 10-15 minutes sometimes but it can also be used to fix matchmaking and tighten up match ups at all levels without the worry of blacklash due to wait times which are 2 major problems with the modes.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 9/13/2014 4:33:18 >
Epic  Post #: 28
9/13/2014 4:39:48   
Satafou

2 vs 2 is not a tainted battle mode lol... Are you seriously trying to compare 2 vs 2 npcs to 1 vs 1 npcs? They're completely and utterly different and not all players got a positive taint from that infernal war, I for one got a negative result, getting much more lower ratio's than what I usually did. Also you seemed to ignore the later half of my previous statement, if the devs were to simply keep up the good changes they are doing right now, more people would naturally come back to play old and new. Why? Simply because it will be a much better game. It is pointless to even bother adding 2 vs 2 npcs as it's not needed, what is needed is for the game to get fixed and then everything else will fall into place. Also if you are stupid enough to stay in the same match making you've been selected into for 10-15 minutes all you have to do is exit and then re-join and a lot of the time it puts you into a new game with a very little waiting time. Also another thing with these 2 vs 2 npcs, they have a mind of their own. What if one npcs decides to go for the right target but the npc on the opposing team goes for the wrong target? Npcs for 2 vs 2 is not the way to go, it will kill the game even more as this game is "Massively pvp focused" not massively npc focused. I don't know about you but I play this game because it's has such an intense pvp style battle. If they were to remove that from the most tactical and strategic battle mode in the game, it can only be bad news. People will get bored. Tell me is it honestly fun or mentally challenging to outwit a braindead npc who goes for the incorrect target most of the time and uses his moves all in a very poor combination. All that does is give a free win.

< Message edited by Satafou -- 9/13/2014 4:41:50 >
Post #: 29
9/13/2014 4:54:02   
Mother1

@ satafou

Taint not being as big as 1 vs 1=/= Battle mode wasn't tainted which is something you keep forgetting.

All I am seeing is you say mostly is "I don't want this in the game because I had a bad experience from it."

Also I have tried that during non peak hours as well that same suggestion, and guess what? That doesn't work for me. I have tried that 3-4 times before just giving up sometimes because even when I reset it an go through with it I still end up back in the same situation. Meaning I still end up waiting a while for a long match. So what works for you may not work for someone else, just like how you say you had a bad experience from this suggestion while others had a good one.

You maybe patient but guess what. Players are losing their patience, or in other cases they don't have it at all. Also how long have we been waiting for the staff to balance the game and battle modes for? Hmm for years now that is what. People have been complaining about the battle modes especially 2 vs 2 for the longest.

Right now even with my low level alts I end up getting 4-5 level gaps in 1 vs 1 and 5-6 in two vs two due to small player base. This is happening at all levels and the players I have been talking with in game are sick of this. Many of them are sick of mismatched fights, and other at higher levels are sick of wait times.

A solution is needed in the meantime while they fix balance because all those impatient players (which are a lot) are quitting and rage quitting which is only hurting the player base.
Epic  Post #: 30
9/13/2014 4:55:53   
comicalbike

Satafou so are you saying waiting a long time for a fight is ok I find that very boring and fighting an npc with a player would be a lot better
Epic  Post #: 31
9/13/2014 5:52:00   
Satafou

There's no other option we have other than waiting for them to balance the game. The only way I could ever support 2 vs 2 npcs is if you could tell them basic commands in ally chat, which at least makes it more strategic and them being less braindead, however that would be near to impossible to implement and even if it was it would take far too long. The latest patch is a good sign. Perhaps if they stopped caring about story mode and art work for a little while and focused on pure balance for a few months, then maybe this game would be balanced and we'd have a larger player base. I do not want it in the game simply because it will mean that 2 vs 2 win ratio's will lose the value they have. Not all players 2 vs 2'd during the infernal war and not all players got a positive impact from it. Someone wins and someone losses, in 1 vs 1 npcs it's always a 100% win and no lose losses, that is why 2 vs 2 win ratio's have not lost their value. Although you may not care about win ratios nor may the general community of Epicduel, but I for one along with another group of players do still value it, win ratio is what keeps me playing. It sets a target for players to reach a certain win ratio. Removing win%'s was a horrid idea. Far worse than removing enchantments or removing passives. They removed a core aspect of any pvp game, never mind a "massively focused pvp" game. I do not see what the appeal with fighting against or with a brain dead npc is. It is no challenge it is no test of your wits. Although a lot of players aren't exactly tactical on this game they oppose a much greater challenge than a npc. Also who says you can't play another game other than Epicduel whilst they do the much required balance changes? I play 3 games very competitively and that is why I can keep patient. The devs aren't necessary the most active players in the world nor perhaps the best, but as I said before we should be greatful for this latest patch it is a start to what could be a good lead of balance updates. So in the mean time I just advise you find another entertaining game and play Epicduel semi-actively until they finally add the much needed balance changes. In time , this game can fix itself and will attract new and old players alike. They just need to keep doing good balance changes and not go backwards like they've previously done.
Post #: 32
9/13/2014 6:04:40   
Ranloth
Banned

You do realise there are dedicated teams for art, story, and balance - right? If you put the first two aside, we cannot even help in balancing or testing (since there are enough people there already), but just wait for nothing. You would only not get any content for months, story nor art (that includes Missions), but wait for months for some balance changes, which are the same as they are now. Not mentioning there will be dedicated Balancers soon, when the Balance Tool has been thoroughly tested by Mecha first and then can be open to the "public" (so Balancers will be then picked).

Small changes are more than doable in a shorter period of time. Stat changes need to be done as a whole, not nerfing one stat and ending up with other getting indirect buff. We've had that happen before already, when HP was nerfed, thus resulting in defense taking a nerf and offense getting buffed. Major changes need to be done by Titan and Rabble directly, not the Balance Team, because it's a bit more into the engine. Since both are occupied with releases, it will naturally take time to push out major changes from them, as opposed to more manageable from the Balance Team - which include skill changes, either values or how a said skill works.
AQ Epic  Post #: 33
9/13/2014 6:20:24   
Satafou

I do realise that, however it seems most of the time the balance squad don't get enough attention compared to the other two squads. Most of the time it seems almost as if they need to wait for something to come up and fix it, instead of also possibly discovering something new that could bring this game into a positive leap forward. What you said in your second half is what I'm talking about. It does take time, I wouldn't expect it not to. However what is wrong with a release with just balance changes? Does there need to be a release as such? Do we really need something flashy and new every week? What if Titan and Rabble were to strictly focus on balance development, wouldn't that make a positive impact on this game? Or even if Rabble was to do more testing with the balance squad and Titan did the release. It doesn't need to be a big release every week, even a small release is fine. I'd rather wait for months getting no releases knowing they are going to do a major balance update, than for us to receive a release every week with having a concern of how and when they plan to do something major to balance.

< Message edited by Satafou -- 9/13/2014 6:57:18 >
Post #: 34
9/13/2014 6:27:32   
comicalbike

well all there is to say then,when the players come back we know they got it right
Epic  Post #: 35
9/13/2014 6:35:41   
Ranloth
Banned

Databasing of new items is done by NW himself, not Titan or Rabble. Put it this way: we will NOT delay months worth of releases just for balance. Balancers will take care of that, not Titan and Rabble only. The point of Guest Teams is to release more content in a shorter period of time, and Balancers will do that for balance. Delaying one for another will NOT be happening, and you will have to wait for major changes such as revamping Rage, balancing out all six stats, etc. There's a reason why Titan said ED's future is in players' hands, and it wasn't a metaphor - the Guest Teams are made out of players, and it will be the same for Balancers.

Sorry, but this is final. It's not up for discussion, because the stance on it won't be changing. The point of Balance Tool is to allow making balance changes easier than ever, and who knows, it may expand over time (in terms of what it can do). Balancers will call the shots, whilst Titan and Rabble have more time for coding, and pushing out more consistent AND promising releases (more time means we can squeeze in more content).
AQ Epic  Post #: 36
9/13/2014 6:52:26   
Satafou

I wasn't saying for Titan and Rabble to only do the balance... I was talking about them working together ( I thought that was obvious). Also it's not "just" balance. Balance is the CORE of this game. Not missions, not artwork or storyline. If balance was corrected everything else would fall into place. I am fine for waiting I am a very patient person however the community has the right to know what the current plans for balance are, even if there is no date as obviously there isn't a date for when it will happen. Also you're right Epicduel is in it's player hands I completely agree with that but if so, why is there such poor communication between them? To me it even sounds like there's poor communication between the squads. Rabble is the head of balance, sure he's really busy of coding I totally get that, but surely every now and then he should be able to find time somewhere to be able to help the testing squad. Anyhow I'm not here to argue, just to state my point. Our posts have gone off topic and will only lead to going even more off topic. This patch was good for the game, I can only hope they can keep the good work up.
Post #: 37
9/13/2014 7:18:40   
TRizZzCENTRINO

basically it all comes down to this, you like the game to be different even if it means making major sacrifices again with no idea if it would be openly welcomed by other players(there are many kinds of balance and players gives a pretty vague idea on how they think it should be done). It's all about personal preferences, what you like or dislike might be different with others, so bear with us for the team is doing their best to cater to everyone's needs.

after all, you can't satisfy everyone.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
9/13/2014 7:35:09   
comicalbike

TRizZzCENTRINO well said all you printed was correct
Epic  Post #: 39
9/13/2014 10:06:25   
suboto

Dont get me wrong balance is good to have but its possible to have too much balance.
Things players enjoyed taken away:
NPC's in battle during war
ENCHANTMENTS~~>changed into legend ranks (players are not likeing this wide range of stuff they must do just to compete after hitting the cap. I myself would of loved just to of hit 40 and have that been the cap rather then +60ranks to do.
BATTLE TOKENS~~>Credits. Although its thought to be a good thing seeing as we earn more credits but wheres the fun in purchaseing achievements anymore?
PASSIVES~~>Actives this damaged the game way more then thought to of done why? Because this made the game be AWHOLE LOT more focus on energy
CLASS PASSIVES~~>CLASS ACTIVES~~~> THIS damaged the games balance why? it made the classes practically the same and rose the the game based on pure energy and killed the fun of classes
Return of: any of the above would result in a population increase
My favorite mode was delta why? We had 6 classes to enjoy. Everyone had passives that made the class different. Enchantments were around. Battle tokens were around. NPCs in battle was around.
A start to making the game fun again is Passives returns until that is done im afraid the population will remain at a all time low. Ever heard of a movie called the giver? well thats what the game has turned into the movie the giver. We arent meant to be clones of one another we should stand out from one another classs wise.
This is comeing from a player thats been around since beta

< Message edited by suboto -- 9/13/2014 10:14:21 >
Epic  Post #: 40
9/13/2014 10:41:18   
texasbull

This is just an opinion but Passives back then made the game way more balanced. I only started in Delta but every class had it's own unique Passive. All class were like equal. Now, mages are the OP classes. They control mana or energy. It is hard to beat them. Other classes started to lose and mages just kept on winning. Passives had affects on the game more than anything.
Post #: 41
9/14/2014 1:08:51   
Pemberton

Either return passives or fix this whole win energy win game meta.
Post #: 42
9/16/2014 13:34:27   
DeathGuard

New previews from Vorzy AKA Insanity Prevails:
quote:

Vorzathiel @Vorzathiel
ya might wanna be extra careful around this guy, heard he's quite the shocker #WavesOfWrath #Epicduel @Charfade https://twitter.com/vorzathiel/status/511919930732601344

quote:

Vorzathiel @Vorzathiel
#WavesOfWrath featuring an all new deadly promo set, forged with my insanity . stay tuned for Friday! @Charfade https://twitter.com/vorzathiel/status/511917909145169920

Promo set's looks have been revealed!

quote:

Charfade @Charfade
YARRRRRR! Waves of Wrath Promo Pack comes out this Friday to kick off Talk like a Pirate Day! Physical set
https://twitter.com/Charfade/status/511967142372048897

quote:

Charfade @Charfade
YARRRRRR! Waves of Wrath Promo Pack Energy set! Concept design by @vorzathiel
https://twitter.com/Charfade/status/511968868961492992

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 9/16/2014 16:07:15 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 43
9/16/2014 16:07:47   
Rayman
Banned

Physical Promo Pack, comes with Sword and mutating wep+a Robot:
quote:

Charfade ‏@Charfade 12m
YARRRRRR! Waves of Wrath Promo Pack comes out this Friday to kick off Talk like a Pirate Day! https://twitter.com/Charfade/status/511967142372048897/photo/1

Ninjaed so not gonna bother in posting the E version.

< Message edited by Rayman -- 9/16/2014 16:08:29 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 44
9/16/2014 16:39:33   
martinsen5

The promo looks awesome! Is there a core?
AQW Epic  Post #: 45
9/16/2014 17:15:01   
Rayman
Banned

Yes there is.
AQW Epic  Post #: 46
9/16/2014 17:16:33   
Bionic Bear
Helpful!

I just hope there isn't another mission that's something like "kill Big Tuna." That essentially stops all the lower leveled players from going any further in the mission chain.
Post #: 47
9/16/2014 17:32:30   
DeathGuard

quote:

Hatred Cuirass @HatredCuirassAE
Done with this cutie! He seems excited for what's to come!
https://twitter.com/HatredCuirassAE/status/511990240090017792
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 48
9/16/2014 17:35:19   
Rayman
Banned

Deathguard: Is that a cheevo?
AQW Epic  Post #: 49
9/16/2014 17:37:27   
DeathGuard

@Rayman: Yeah.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= September 12th, 2014 - Waves of Wrath + Patch Notes 1.6.24
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition