Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

One year out

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> One year out
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/13/2014 22:28:51   
Lord Machaar

It's been roughly 1 year after quitting this game, I see a lot of changes going on... definetly the game graphics are way better than those that were in my days like 4 or 5 years ago?
anyways, normally that would bring up more players to the game, but what I see is a dramatic fall down of the game's player base, pretty sad.
before I quitted the game, I threw up some reasons that led me to quit, it's not easy for an old player to quit like that. I hope devs took that in consider, and I'm sure many players like me have gone since I did.
First impressions when I logged in to the game, is the whole change in the interface, nice work, I didn't really play some battles to judge the balance of the game.
I think first problem that should be taken in consider right now is how to bring back all those players, can't believe it that one day the game had like 4 full servers, and we were even asking for a fifth server?

I don't know if everyone agree, but sincerely, the real problem now is the player-base, sooner or later you will start waiting for 5 minutes to find a battle, but well let's hope not.

I can't find any bold threads, like it used to be back then, It seems like the AKs and forum mods have more easier job now, after we left, we spoke about real matters, instead of going around problems, that's how problems are solved.
MQ Epic  Post #: 1
9/13/2014 22:30:30   
Emperor_Blitz

a ton of people agree with you bro, they will most likely lock this thread because thats all they do.
Epic  Post #: 2
9/13/2014 22:36:16   
suboto

I agree with you as well

< Message edited by suboto -- 9/13/2014 22:38:38 >
Epic  Post #: 3
9/13/2014 22:42:25   
Lord Machaar

I don't have a problem if they locked it, but what matters to me, that they read it atleast.
It's sad to see to the game fall down like that, instead of discussioning not-so-important things, I mean yeah happy birthday titan, but if you don't work your a^^ down there, next year there won't be anyone to wish you a happy birthday.

First priority of the game developers should be players, and their pockets ofcourse, but money will come after the player-base gets bigger, if they sat one day and thought about this, they will question themselves, what was so attracting those days for players. I hope they see the big picture, and wake up from their dreams, following AE company won't get you anywhere, Epicduel started alone and that's how you should continue, only the game developers who care for the game the most, others are just waiting for incomes and/or waiting for the game to fall down and take its place.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 9/13/2014 22:48:30 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 4
9/13/2014 22:47:13   
suboto

quote:

Things players enjoyed taken away:
NPC's in battle during war
ENCHANTMENTS~~>changed into legend ranks (players are not likeing this wide range of stuff they must do just to compete after hitting the cap. I myself would of loved just to of hit 40 and have that been the cap rather then +60ranks to do.
BATTLE TOKENS~~>Credits. Although its thought to be a good thing seeing as we earn more credits but wheres the fun in purchaseing achievements anymore?
PASSIVES~~>Actives this damaged the game way more then thought to of done why? Because this made the game be AWHOLE LOT more focus on energy
CLASS PASSIVES~~>CLASS ACTIVES~~~> THIS damaged the games balance why? it made the classes practically the same and rose the the game based on pure energy and killed the fun of classes
Return of: any of the above would result in a population increase
My favorite mode was delta why? We had 6 classes to enjoy. Everyone had passives that made the class different. Enchantments were around. Battle tokens were around. NPCs in battle was around.
A start to making the game fun again is Passives returns until that is done im afraid the population will remain at a all time low. Ever heard of a movie called the giver? well thats what the game has turned into the movie the giver. We arent meant to be clones of one another we should stand out from one another classs wise.
This is comeing from a player thats been around since beta

^
this is what made the game fun
on a side note every equipable non core gun/aux/armor/primary are the same. Rares/seasonal rares/npc/ultra rare should have some difference
For instances say every game was call of duty and there were no other games where would the fun in that be?
npc armor = founder armor o.o mind blown why not +1stat for respect of the ultra rare player.
But whats keeping me interested in playing is tm/merc/bh. Tactial merc was fun but no so much at the lvl40 rank mode.
The other 3 are fun for now until i get to 40 on my other characters x.x

Some stuff they did that was good: work on some skills improvement
new cores we all wanted.
the ranks were intended to give players something to do after they hit 40 and get more power from it.
but what i feel that they should of done with the ranks were mechanic stuff like
bonus exp/credits/influnce and for your own class 1 passive for hitting lvl40 that would of been more enjoyable

< Message edited by suboto -- 9/13/2014 23:11:56 >
Epic  Post #: 5
9/14/2014 1:03:27   
Pemberton

the game self-destructed when they decided to remove varium advantage and enhancements (which cost a lot of money).
Post #: 6
9/14/2014 9:19:44   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

Hey everyone,

Charfade addressed some of your complaints in this post on reddit. I cannot speak for the staff directly, but I will speak for the Archknights.

quote:

I can't find any bold threads, like it used to be back then, It seems like the AKs and forum mods have more easier job now, after we left, we spoke about real matters, instead of going around problems, that's how problems are solved.

The problem with "bold threads" is that they are usually complaints without constructive criticism, similarly to this post. We want to hear your opinion while minimizing any flaming or hurt feelings.

While you may feel you are voicing your concerns and trying to better the game, you aren't offering any way for improvements. Imagine being a staff member flooded with complaints and accusations. If you have an idea for a thread and aren't sure how to make it forum appropriate, PM any of the ED AK's. We love to hear what you have to say, but all criticism should be partly constructive.

Finally, please read the ED GD Rules before posting. This post was locked since it was a duplicate topic, whining thread, and includes financial discussion.

Locked.

Thanks,
Battle Elf
ED GD Archknight

< Message edited by Battle elf -- 9/14/2014 9:22:09 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> One year out
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition