Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

A balance needs to be placed!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> A balance needs to be placed!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/14/2014 20:04:28   
Brutez

I'm only level 38, soon to be level 39 and I'm being matched up with level 40's rank 46's... How is this fair what so ever? When will there be a change to this match making results.

I believe that if a player is level 40 he should only be facing players that range up to level 40 rank 10, to level 38. It's only logical. Or anything else that seems reasonable.

Does anyone agree?
Post #: 1
9/14/2014 20:09:47   
suboto

I feel ranks were a bad idea. hit lvl40 you should get one passive for your class thats 5% passive. The other ranks should go towards stuff that doesnt affect battle balance
Epic  Post #: 2
9/14/2014 20:15:35   
Brutez

Ranks we're a good idea, but I'm talking about the balance of the match making system, that needs to get fixed.
Post #: 3
9/14/2014 20:21:34   
suboto

i just retire after i hit level 40 im just working on 4 class characters to reach 40 then wait for balance improvement
lvl40 rank 11 tlm
lvl25 bh
lvl26 merc
lvl2 tm

< Message edited by suboto -- 9/14/2014 20:28:43 >
Epic  Post #: 4
9/14/2014 22:30:08   
Mother1

Believe it or not they changed the matchmaking system to what it is now because of these ranks. They wanted to give 35-37 a break at the expense of level 38-39.

However as long as the player pool is extremely low right now cutting the range even further would be even worse due to the wait times increasing as a result.

Personally I feel they need to change the ranks so they don't give power, however the majority of high ranked players who scream foul if they did this.
Epic  Post #: 5
9/14/2014 22:53:29   
suboto

Glad to see im not the only one who feels that way about ranks.
Until a fix is on ranks is done il be waiting.
Epic  Post #: 6
9/14/2014 23:15:19   
kosmo

Actually there arn t enought players to fix battle matchmaking unfortunally, ranks need a fix.
Ranks are supposed to improve build diversity, not just power.They definetly need to be less valuable in battle.On the other side ranks shuld offer more options such as boosts to skills, specials and cores, actually ranks are just slots to fill up in a specific order, not something you can choose.

Epic  Post #: 7
9/15/2014 17:36:29   
Variation

Removing/altering legendary ranks is a bad option. If they were removed/altered many players would feel extremely cheated. The developers need to address matchmaking directly. Many players have explained in great detail on how to do this, but I guess the developers aren't really interested in the idea, or they simply don't have the time for it.

Even if Legendary Mode was altered/removed players would still find themselves in unfair matches. The solution is simple create an Infernal Infiltration War like matching system that tackles the legendary power gap, and the unfair matchmaking system. If you can't face someone within a reasonable power gap of you, you simply face against a NPC. I don't want anyone to get easy free wins with this system so I suggest that the NPCs are hard. Not hard to the point where they're unbeatable, but to the point where you need decent strategies to kill them.

This system would also address matchmaking times, which seriously need something done to them. At higher levels it takes a very long time to get matches, and I feel that is also a factor as to why players may quit. The Infernal Infiltration War matchmaking system wasn't perfect, but the developers can very well learn from their previous mistakes. Those are my thoughts on what can be done about the legendary power gap, matchmaking, and wait times that this game currently struggles with.

EDIT: On a side note, I'm not posting in this thread for myself. I already have all 60 legendary points applied. I'm posting here because the legendary power gap, matchmaking, and wait times need to be addressed (without saying screw you to a portion of the player base).

< Message edited by Variation -- 9/15/2014 19:13:54 >
Post #: 8
9/16/2014 5:07:44   
comicalbike

Variation what you say is correct but the numbers playing seems to be dropping more now but not sure why though
Epic  Post #: 9
9/16/2014 10:20:50   
suboto

the reason why i dont really play on my 40 that much is due to the wide range of ranks to obtain and the fact im stuck with same stuff.

Epic  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> A balance needs to be placed!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition