Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= September 19th, 2014 - Waves of Wrath Gear

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= September 19th, 2014 - Waves of Wrath Gear
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/19/2014 20:25:54   
DeathGuard

Perfect counter to strength builds and effective when they are using the plague core too. Pretty much I will be sure to test out different builds for this promo
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
9/19/2014 20:31:18   
Dual Thrusters

Static Charge does seem balanced with a 4-turn cooldown.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
9/19/2014 21:01:25   
Bionic Bear
Helpful!

I leave today 25,000 credits richer than I was yesterday.
The Deep Terror Blade looks epic, by the way. Kudos to whoever drew it. Never will I wield anything else!
Post #: 28
9/19/2014 21:04:34   
DeathGuard

@Bionic Bear: You can tweet to Dage about it since he drew it. It was a crossover promo for ED and AQW. ED got a NPC and the Deep Terror Blade from AQW and AQW got some new npc from ED.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 29
9/19/2014 21:55:16   
Silver Sky Magician

I'm really not sure why everyone's praising the Curse of Katherax core when the general ED community looks upon the Bunny Bot's special with disdain. Of course, it does have strategic uses, but the difference in perspective of two similar effects is interesting.

Post #: 30
9/19/2014 21:57:33   
Dual Thrusters

Because the Bunny Bot's special can be easily avoided by not striking. Karth on the other hand completely destroys the primary weapon and turns it into a sword, so all strength moves are affected, not just strike.

< Message edited by Dual Thrusters -- 9/19/2014 22:07:32 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
9/19/2014 22:03:21   
One Winged Angel1357

@Dual Thrusters Actually they keep their weapons it just receives a serious damage nerf. Staff fish have hats, sword fish are just fish, claw fish are taped to your arms, and maul fish are a bunch of fish stuck together.

From a comedy stand point the core is new enough that people haven't seen it so they have no clue what is going on

I also learned that the first mission chain isn't all that long if you can actually win PvP fights. It took me 43 minutes with a ton of loses

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 9/19/2014 22:04:42 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 32
9/19/2014 22:22:05   
theholyfighter

Lol just sold my bunny not a few weeks ago....
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
9/19/2014 23:03:54   
Pemberton

Why non variums cannot buy the new weapon and bot for CREDITS?! You said omega is about FAIR...
and you said remove enhancement for FAIR...but now only varium can buy new strong core and bot?!
Why you cannot give non varium credit option for buy credit-version of promo?
Post #: 34
9/19/2014 23:15:00   
dfo99

quote:

Why non variums cannot buy the new weapon and bot for CREDITS?!

because the game still is p2w, when it be released to f2p, will be nerfed or will have other gear more powerful
Post #: 35
9/19/2014 23:53:49   
  Exploding Penguin

Thank the helix. Hopefully people will stop whining about strength builds being OP now.

The cores are really interesting this time around, but they're making low HP builds even less viable with the extra burst core. Before you could melt down 700 HP instantly with dex casters, or a combo of plasma cannon/bunker + IA with rage on one of the two already did insane damage, especially if plasma cannon/bunker crit. I wouldn't be surprised if having 700-800 HP wouldn't be viable at all anymore because people could literally melt all that off over a span of 3 turns: even if you used field medic and predicted the burst coming there wouldn't be much you could do about it.
Epic  Post #: 36
9/19/2014 23:53:53   
suboto

They would at least scale the robots to equal the same damage amount which max is 190. The promos yes i support them being for var for their 1st time release but since weapons/armors have same stats besides cores then robots should all improve to 190at end game.
Highest damage robot a non var player can get now is 175 which is by winning pink yeti it use to be 180 but the yeti missions went rare permimently.
175 non var>190 var
i would like to enjoy the massive advantage of higher damage ^.^

@exploding ya the 3turn non stop damage is it stackable with posion? if so O_O that robots so much stronger then the abyss bot and botantical bot. plus it has more damage 190.
i hope they nerf this robot ._.

< Message edited by suboto -- 9/19/2014 23:56:07 >
Epic  Post #: 37
9/20/2014 1:40:23   
Remorse

I find it funny how the are both empowering STR builds and offering counters to them in the same promo.

So basically if you don't spend $50 I won't be surprised if you find the game unplayable.

Hec I think they would make more money in the long run if they gave out the STR counter core for free, because then people might actually play the game.

quote:

Thank the helix. Hopefully people will stop whining about strength builds being OP now.

Let's slightly adjust this quote, Hopefully people who spend $50 will stop whining about strength builds being OP now.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 9/20/2014 1:42:10 >
Epic  Post #: 38
9/20/2014 5:42:23   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

ya the 3turn non stop damage is it stackable with posion?

You do know it goes up by 8% per turn, but does nothing unless you Strike, right? It's not like DoT or something - new core, that is. The Bot works because Str builds are THAT common, hence why it's now deemed as overpowered. No one has that much of an issue with Yetis, when they eat two of your weapons - and it can be disastrous for the opponent if you time it properly - but isn't as useful anymore because many players go for Str, hence why the new Bot is a lot better. Long story short, build fads don't contribute towards an item's imbalance. Same applies to the Primary core which is now deemed as overpowered due to Strength, and nerfing the core will do nothing, because once Str has been fixed, you will end up with a weak core that needs buffing (and a lot of angry players).

Something from myself - I wonder if the new Bot will cause some build changes to players, namely less dependant on mindless Str abuse and trying to kill before they kill you, i.e. the BC + Zerker Merc, or Str BMs, etc.

And lastly, any feedback on the story, so far?

AQ Epic  Post #: 39
9/20/2014 7:01:43   
kosmo

ok, this must to be the endline for ed.

the bot deals good dmg and removes 240 dmg for 3 turns from all mooves that requires primary, u know how much intimidate u would need to lower ur dmg of 240? u cant, in most of the cases removing ALL strenght from ur opponent wouldn t get so much dmg from his wep (240 dmg is more or less 90 strenght points)

the wep core improoves like infernal android, but alot faster and guess what? u can use it evry time u want...

there are no reasons to go back to such a pay to win if not to suck what s left in ed, be4 the few left players also quits once for ever.

Epic  Post #: 40
9/20/2014 7:24:18   
Remorse

quote:

Long story short, build fads don't contribute towards an item's imbalance. Same applies to the Primary core

It does matter and cause imbalance if the play style these cores encourage is toxic for the game.

Damage spam abuse builds have arguably obtained their over the top power from item cores, which should never have been made as they are.

Don't get me wrong I think damage spam builds should be usable, but I also think the should be so effortless, they should take great timing to use in order not to be countered etc.

Cores that make these builds harder to counter are imbalanced and giving them high sources of damage with no downside is a high contribution to this.

I am completely happy with the new robot (except the base damage is too high),

But the new primary core has no downside, it should start below 100% damage then go up as you wait turns like infernal android.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 9/20/2014 7:25:23 >
Epic  Post #: 41
9/20/2014 7:38:04   
Ranloth
Banned

I remember Omega's Override (reduces highest stat by 30%) being supposedly overpowered too. It was during Str/Support era, where we could just remove -40 Str or Support easily, and many players deemed that as overpowered - something that could counter extreme stat abuse pretty well. The promo is no different when it comes to the Bot - and the key with the Bot is timing its use properly, and for the defender, to think what weapon to leave out in case your opponent uses it. It turns your Primary into a Lvl 1 weapon, not removes -240 damage all the time - since damage goes down with level. Yetis do that already to Gun and Primary, which nerfs Support builds and partially Strength, but it's not as much of an issue, apparently - sure, they have cooldowns, but there is some strategy when it comes to timing the Bot and defending from the effect. Even more so since we know what Bot players use which means we know what to expect.

Primary core is still fine with me. It's essentially a Double Strike that's delayed. You Strike for 100% damage (100 EP cost) and then Strike no later than the third turn, for up to 124% damage - no other attacks deal more damage, just boosted second Strike. If you miss it, you spent 100 EP for nothing. You can also remove it with Heal, which will rarely happen, but it's still something. Re-useable? Well, considering the effect can be removed directly, and you can miss it (whether it's your fault or getting stunned, it doesn't matter), as well as being a boosted second Strike, it's still pretty fair.

quote:

But the new primary core has no downside, it should start below 100% damage then go up as you wait turns like infernal android.

Something with no downside is Meteor/Plasma Shower, since it cannot be avoided. This core can be blocked upon initial use and second Strike, can be removed, and you can miss the final turn. *I don't count EP cost as downside* There are three downsides already - and it's likely compensated by being re-useable, as we see already. Whether you consider them as valid or not, that's your opinion, but these are facts.

< Message edited by Trans -- 9/20/2014 7:40:33 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 42
9/20/2014 8:00:58   
TRizZzCENTRINO

No point to explain trans, they don't see the facts but rather how they perceived the core as. The downside is clearly the option to cancel the core effect by healing within those 3 turns and despite being reusable it still requires energy, in most cases players wouldn't be able to use it the second time.

Both of these cores require strategic timing but I suppose that even this is too hard on people, they'd rather use something as a powerful strike or something that can deal the most damage with few steps involved. This is why we can't have nice things.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
9/20/2014 8:09:22   
Remorse

^ Not at all triz,

I want it to be more strategy based,

But I don't think it's enough currently.

Yes you can counter it with heal and that is something, but I personally don't think it is enough.

I think damage spam builds need to have dramatically more risk for reward style, with much more trade-offs in their strategy.

No one here is complaining about the "strategic timing" being too difficult and I think your condescending accusations is quite disrespectful.

@Trans

quote:

Something with no downside is Meteor/Plasma Shower, since it cannot be avoided.

I also think this core should be given more of a downside as well, perhaps it reflects 10% of the damage back at the attacker?

Epic  Post #: 44
9/20/2014 8:15:25   
TRizZzCENTRINO

oh no not at all, it was what i had gathered during my time ingame the things people with strength builds say to me when i use the new promo stuff. it is only disrespectful if you perceived it as so, i actually have no intention to be so.

well well, when is it ever enough? nothing is perfect or satisfying for everybody, it is just fine from my experience with it, it has its ups and downs just like everything else ingame.
but perhaps you were hoping to get it to have more cons than pros? why would anybody get it if it ain't a bit beneficial to them at all?

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 9/20/2014 8:21:33 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
9/20/2014 8:21:28   
Remorse

^ Perhaps you could explain how the primary core works exactly,

Because frankly the in-game description is extremely lacking.

So do you use the core to start the plague for 100 energy and then it builds up and detonates when you strike again?

Or does every strike attack apply a stack of plague which detonates when you activate the core?

I think I may have been over guessing the power of this core due to the poor explanation.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 9/20/2014 8:23:12 >
Epic  Post #: 46
9/20/2014 8:24:39   
Ranloth
Banned

How to use the Deep Plague core:
  • Click it - deals 100% damage, just like Strike. Can be blocked, as well as crit and raged - just like Strike.
  • Each turn after that adds 8% damage to your next Strike. The turn after using the core is 108%, then 116% and lastly 124%.
  • To detonate the spores, you must click Strike again and deal boosted damage, depending on the above. Can be blocked, as well as crit and raged - just like Strike.
  • It does not boost anything else, apart from your next Strike.

If you fail to Strike again, you get nothing out of it apart from wasting 100 EP on a standard Strike.

< Message edited by Trans -- 9/20/2014 8:25:22 >
  • AQ Epic  Post #: 47
    9/20/2014 8:26:35   
    TRizZzCENTRINO

mock battle scenario:
    vorzy uses plague core on a nubby NPC

strike for 8% more damage on the next turn or strike for 16% more damage 2 turns after the core has been applied or strike for 24% more damage 3 turns after the core has been applied
    MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
    9/20/2014 8:26:38   
    Remorse

^ So if you strike early you are forced to consume the plague stacks early and not receive full damage, had you waited a few more turns?

< Message edited by Remorse -- 9/20/2014 8:27:01 >
    Epic  Post #: 49
    9/20/2014 8:28:13   
    TRizZzCENTRINO

of course, the more rounds you go for the more risky it gets, you could get stunned completely miss the third or your opponent just chose to heal before the third turn

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 9/20/2014 8:31:02 >
    MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= September 19th, 2014 - Waves of Wrath Gear
    Page 2 of 4<1234>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition