Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Robot balancing.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Robot balancing.
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/9/2014 19:36:18   
Mother1

@ Dual Thrusters

While I have nothing against your statement The infernal android is actually one of the older robots yet I see this robot used very commonly among the masses. Even more so than some of the newer bots.
Epic  Post #: 26
10/9/2014 21:51:22   
Gepard Acht

A small power creep is perfectly fine considering that robot is one of the most unique equipments a character can use, all with different functions and damage.
This makes it less generic than the other equipments with same stats, etc.
Infernal android is one of the most used bot for a number of reasons, having stronger bots made doesnt change it
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
10/9/2014 22:37:28   
RageSoul

^Or perhaps its the purchase cost that made it ( Infernal Android ) overrated ? For some reason , there's still no logical explanation why other bots have 45k Credit costs despite most of them are all utility and not pure damage .
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
10/9/2014 22:50:31   
Dual Thrusters

I'm not saying that older robots are becoming unusable. I'm just saying that this pattern of the robot base damage getting slowly stronger should stop. Heck, before we know it we'll have a bot at 200, then 210, then 220 etc.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
10/10/2014 0:37:32   
RageSoul

@Dual
Power creep , damage wise , at its finest .
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
10/10/2014 1:06:45   
Gepard Acht

^ Infernal android needs at least a 4 focus build and a decent amount of technology for it to do its job
For the 45k bots that are utility you can have a str build or builds with base stats and make those bots do their thing all the same
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
10/10/2014 3:57:55   
RageSoul

^Same thing for Assault Bot's utility but it still costs less compared to others.

< Message edited by RageSoul -- 10/10/2014 6:08:22 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
10/10/2014 5:31:16   
Remorse

^ You guys are exactly right,

And this is what I'm trying to reduce, power creep.

Just because their are some exceptions to this does not mean it's not an issue.

And I DEFINITELY DON'T! think that they should make robots the same in terms of base damage.
I think that it's should be justified by their usefulness etc.

For example something like the assault bot, imagine that it was never made and they decided to release it now in a promo, the base damage would be something absurd like 200.

This power-creep mindset the devs have is painfully obvious and it needs to stop.

Power creep that in particular has an impact on PvP is never fine, if they ever wish their game to have a slight amount of quality to match it's claims as a PvP game then these factors are highly important.

This may not seem like much of a major issue now,
But I have seen many things in this game become more and more of a problem and it merely needed little steps at the start to prevent the issue which then requires major changes effecting multiple people if they leave it too long.

This will happen with power creep in robot damage like it has happened in many other times in the game, enhancements being one of them.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 10/10/2014 5:36:04 >
Epic  Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Robot balancing.
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition