Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Skill Cores Cost

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Skill Cores Cost
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/21/2014 5:00:18   
theholyfighter

Here's the idea:

One time use Skill Cores are free of energy costs.

Repeatable Skll Cores on the other hand has an energy cost per usage. (Active Cores only)

That is for the sake of releasing some stress on energy control ability for each class.

< Message edited by theholyfighter -- 9/21/2014 5:01:06 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
9/21/2014 5:29:09   
Remorse

This could be a good idea for some cores,

But I think removing the cost on things like meteor strike would be a bad idea.
Epic  Post #: 2
9/21/2014 5:52:59   
theholyfighter

What's wrong with Meteor Strike? I don't use it, so I'm not that familiar with it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
9/21/2014 5:59:17   
Remorse

^ A well the problem with it is unblockable and a safe method to amplify STR damage.

Without a cost you won't even be able to counter it with energy drains.

It needs a cost/downside of some sort.

Perhaps make the core deflecteable?

Even then I still think it needs a cost,

Infact anything that amplifies damage needs a cost.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 9/21/2014 6:00:53 >
Epic  Post #: 4
9/21/2014 6:03:32   
theholyfighter

I see your point

Or perhaps classify the Skill Cores by two categories.

1. Repeatable or not.

2. Intention ( damage or effect )

So only Skill Cores that are unrepeatable and are not used for its damage are free of energy costs.

AQW Epic  Post #: 5
9/21/2014 6:06:06   
Remorse

^ I could then agree with that :)

Epic  Post #: 6
9/21/2014 14:14:03   
  Exploding Penguin

As an avid user of azrael's will and meteor strike, I have to say that I believe energy costs are necessary on them. Azrael's will has so much applicable strategies, and, even after several nerfs would still be broken if it didn't have that obscene energy cost. I still find a lot of uses for it even though it's an expensive core. Meteor strike is just an amplified unblockable strike so it would make perfect sense to have it cost energy.

However, some cores just shouldn't cost energy at all. Namely:
-Frostbite/Frost shards (spend energy to drain barely any more energy)
-Energy shot (spend energy to drain less energy than you spent, while dealing no damage and gaining no rage)
-Concussive Blast (its damage tradeoff is already enough of a penalty for its unreliable, luck-based secondary effects)
Epic  Post #: 7
9/26/2014 21:59:07   
theholyfighter

^ Definitely agree.

Concussive Blast is a gr8 example. No one uses it. (I do tho, when I want to get rid of energy ASAP)

For Azrael's Will I don't see a reason for an energy cost. Or , not the current cost. It's just too high to meet my understandings. It has 85% damage penalty already btw.

Meteor Strike falls under "Once per fight + damage intended", so a cost will be required.

There's a point that I'd like to mention.

It's a fact that not all classes have the same ability to manage their energy flow. However, I believe that it should only affect on its class's Skills, rather than Skill Cores. Skill Cores is a "Currency-exclusive" feature that should serve equal to all those who bought the Core, and requiring energy on all of them (or too much energy) would be a paradox, as well as defeating the purpose of lowering energy stress.
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
9/27/2014 0:01:08   
Mother1

@ theholyfighter

The cost is high because 1 turn can make or break you in a duel and Azreal's will has the power to force the opponent to strike you when they may want to do something else. Also even with the damage nerf it took a while ago it got an indirect buff the moment the staff got the idea to make everyone's rage bars visible. This means that anyone with this gun if they have the energy to do so can steal your turn the moment you have rage.

By removing the cost you will be removing the most effective counter to this core leaving only the yeti's (which has a very high price tag) and Armored roots (also has a high price tag and is a seasonal rare) to deal with this core.

Epic  Post #: 9
10/3/2014 18:37:54   
Justingbieberfangirl

@Mother1
But isn't almost everything with a decent core seasonal rare? Or even perma rare for that matter.

Want to counter annoying strenght strike builds? Buy the new promo or wait a year.(at which point str wont be an issue most likely and the core will most likely have been nerfed several times)

Want to control rage? Well that's a shame because the Ebil Corp armor will never be back.

Want to steal someones turn? Wait a year for the seasonal rare core to come in the game.

Also cores should have cost but maybe more creative like 5% of your max health and 10% of your max energy or just 10% of your max health ect... (or ur armor gets lowered by x percent)

And the problem with cores is that there should be MORE OF THEM IN GAME and that they are CRUCIAL for diversity as weapons are all the same apart from different skins.

@TOPIC
As for the suggestion I really enjoy the idea of having some cores being able to be used more than once for a energy cost so I support it.
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Skill Cores Cost
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition