Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= September 25th, 2014 - Waves of Wrath Finale

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= September 25th, 2014 - Waves of Wrath Finale
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/25/2014 19:59:43   
Mysterion.

quote:

September 25, 2014
Waves of Wrath Finale

The terrors of the deep finally surface in the West Naval Yard! Join the forces of good to make a final stand against Captain Shoggoth's armada of nefarious pirates and stop the mysterious beast he plans on unleashing upon Delta V!

The Guest Artists and Writers outdid themselves once again with this release, allowing us to not only introduce a mission chain complete with boss battles, but also open the next war region!

Boss Bonanza

In addition to great mission loot including exclusive item, you'll also have the opportunity to battle not one, but TWO new bosses with collectible achievements! Can you take down Captain Shoggoth and his mysterious beast from the depths?

Special thanks are due to Korin of MechQuest fame for his help in animating the Kartherax boss.

New Kartherax Gear

To take down this new menace, you'll need the best gear possible -- complement your Kartherax gear with Kartherax-themed sidearms and auxiliaries!

Prepare for War!

With so many Legion and Exile forces converging in one area, war is inevitable. The West Naval Yard with become the latest flashpoint in the ongoing alignment War. Battle for dominance and new prizes as soon as the update goes live!

With Shoggoth's forces spread across the Naval Yard Legion forces have taken the opportunity to commandeer the Pirate Flagship.

Obviously, this could be very bad for Exiles, so they'll use Naval Shells to bombard the ship from turrets located around the Naval Yard.

Legion forces on the shore can take out the turrets with Naval Bombs.

Pick up Super Naval Shell and Super Naval Bombs at the Ammo Depot located right of Big Tuna.

Score enough influence in this conflict, and you'll have the opportunity to receive the exclusive Pirate Captain Armor (mutating). The Wrath Blades pictured will be available on Thalyssa in the Naval Yard.

More Styles

Dress your best for the high seas with 24 news styles!

Bounty of the Seas!

Visit Big Tuna and Thalyssa for crazy new nautical items created by the Guest Artist Team!

Home Item Blowout!

Deck out your cabin with the finest nautical decor with over 30 new home items! Finally, you'll have a chance to claim the infamous Oyster Bunny!

All that and more are coming to EpicDuel tomorrow! Prepare for yet another Epic release!

Tags: Nightwraith

Did some copy pasting etc myself, I assume some archknight will edit the last few things. :p
~Blitz

Fixed formatting and title. Please ensure you have the correct spacing and font colours. Also, tagged. ~WhiteTiger

< Message edited by WhiteTiger -- 9/25/2014 21:09:52 >
Epic  Post #: 1
9/25/2014 20:06:33   
Dual Thrusters

quote:

The Wrath Blades pictured will be available on Thalyssa in the Naval Yard.

And I just blew my credits on the Blood Flame Sword
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
9/25/2014 20:20:10   
Mysterion.

I'm more concerned about that awesome looking armor that is the war reward, I assume?
So if Legion wins, I as an Exile will not ever be able to get my hands on that armor? :o
Epic  Post #: 3
9/25/2014 20:23:00   
Dual Thrusters

@mysterion

Following patterns, that most likely will not happen. I just noticed that it is the first armor with a cape, so I might actually have to play this time :O
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/25/2014 20:33:29   
Mother1

My thoughts run as this. Who will win this war legion or exile, and if Exile wins once again will the forums be full of complaint threads once again?
Epic  Post #: 5
9/25/2014 20:34:12   
Dual Thrusters

^

Of course
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
9/25/2014 20:39:04   
TRizZzCENTRINO

and to dual thrusters, you could easily raise the amount of credit needed with the new part 3 missions

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 9/26/2014 22:07:53 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
9/25/2014 20:40:36   
One Winged Angel1357

@Mother in my best guess if this war ends in anything short of a draw there will be threads upon threads of people complaining most likely with side X bought the victory through the large use of bought super bombs
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
9/25/2014 20:44:34   
TRizZzCENTRINO

it is human nature to always find something to blame, so they could vent out their frustrations or to avoid the blame on themselves. that would never change
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
9/25/2014 21:00:22   
suboto

please refrain from trolling as i think thats against forums rules

but as for me il be enjoying the war this time around
exile bounty hunter and legion tlm lets the games begin but as for the winner im rooting for legion

go legion!!!!!

but i wonder will there this gun/aux be designed for this boss as a boost?
and
will this boss be farmable similar to the lion hart boss and will there be dailly missions for this one?

i think theres going to be a 10k tier for influence now
Epic  Post #: 10
9/25/2014 21:37:41   
  Exploding Penguin

I hope it's not like Chairman platinum where if you have the aux it's super easy to kill him, but if you don't it's pretty much impossible. I don't feel like spending 8k credits to get a cheevo when I'm already near broke and can barely afford retrains.
Epic  Post #: 11
9/25/2014 21:49:44   
DeathGuard

You won't get a huge damage weapon to beat Kartherax. Would defeat the purpose of trying to make him one of the hardest bosses in-game.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
9/25/2014 22:43:36   
TRizZzCENTRINO

say no to cheap wins
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
9/26/2014 0:04:00   
Rayman
Banned

So they will release this pirate captain armor + the Naval Commander armor? Or they are going to rename the armor that its on the item finder to pirate captain? The one you made trizz.

And i really want that 204..... Potato version.

< Message edited by Rayman -- 9/26/2014 0:09:47 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
9/26/2014 0:42:03   
Hiddenblade

Damn I really want the new stuff, but winter is coming and the bloodhawk gear is returning.
Love the new items Especially the new swords and auxiliaries.
Post #: 15
9/26/2014 5:05:40   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@rayman you would find out soon, but i am guessing a version with the cape and no cape, or a cc and non cc version
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
9/26/2014 7:54:52   
dfo99

quote:

Stay tuned next week for more pirate-themed madness in EpicDuel. The Waves of Wrath have just begun!

begun and over 1 week later? fail?
Post #: 17
9/26/2014 9:02:57   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above part 1 and 2 were both released at the same time so it would make sense for part 3 to release the next week

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 9/26/2014 10:10:47 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
9/26/2014 10:08:57   
One Winged Angel1357

@dfo Yeah it is only a two week event when we created three weeks worth of parts but decided why not just give everyone part one and two at the same time then give them part three, the war, and a supplemental mission chain the next week.

Just going off the screen shots we released 17 house items, 31 missions, one morph, and 22 weapons. That said I know the number for weapons and house items is on the low side. I'm really too lazy to go check but that seems on par with the Lionhart event if not more content for TLaPD
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
9/26/2014 12:10:51   
dfo99

well, the event will over and the only importants releases (new cores equips) is for varium only. the abyss event at least release the abyss sword and battlegear for free. the last releases (hawk, lionhart and katherax events) not give nothing useful to pvp for f2p players, remeber that if all f2p players quit the player base will lower more than ever.

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 9/26/2014 12:12:41 >
Post #: 20
9/26/2014 12:37:18   
Mother1

@ dfo99

The abyss sword was never part of the promo either. Only the robots were, and those came into the game right after the next promo came into game so that one was a treat that wasn't expected.

As for the hawk bots coming into the game for varium only that was only because the black abyss promo and the hawk promo's came so close together that they didn't want to feel like they were ripping off their costumers.

I guess after that they decided to continue this even though the promo's had more of a gap between them.

But on that note, there isn't just that making free to play players quit. There is also the fact that certain things outside of promo's aren't favoring F2P the regional wars is a good example of this.
Epic  Post #: 21
9/26/2014 12:57:23   
One Winged Angel1357

I'd like to take a second to point out that until recent events I'd been a free to play for almost five years. I fully understand the need to include F2P's in events but I'm going to be brutally honest here and say most if not all events had a bias towards varium players because they want to convert as many users into payers as possible. So saying this event is shunning the F2P user base is actually nothing new as far as I'm concerned. It has been three business model for this game since I started and while it has gotten far less one sided with returning promos for credit prices and promos not being a promised win this model doesn't look like it is going anywhere
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
9/26/2014 13:00:03   
Ranloth
Banned

What Mother1 said.

Outside of PvP, players also want a reason to play. Content in form of Missions also has to be done, because not everyone likes PvP for various reasons, especially when there's no goal - as opposed to mission requirement.
The promo will likely return next year with a Credit option, because TLaPD only happens once a year. Rev's promo is no exception, which went rare recently, and will be back around May/June next year (around the same time as the event was).

As of to the trend of putting Varium option in-game - just another use for your Varium, instead of having to spend another $50. It will likely continue too, since it doesn't have any drawbacks - imbalanced cores aren't an excuse, because balance can be adjusted.
AQ Epic  Post #: 23
9/26/2014 13:11:33   
Variation

quote:

both sides would be able to get the armor if you have played enough.

I really hope that is true. This is the armor that a lot of players were talking about. It would a shame if a player who really wanted this armor couldn't get it because his/her alignment lost. Anyways I'm looking forward to the war. I'm most likely gonna get to level 10 in war captures and 500,000 faction/personal influence.

EDIT: @dfo99: The Blood Hawk gear is coming back this year in December, and the Lionhart/Kartherax gear is coming back next year.

< Message edited by Variation -- 9/26/2014 13:17:08 >
Post #: 24
9/26/2014 13:17:03   
Mother1

@ variation

On the flip side of this though if this is the only exclusive prize for players than it would make trying to win this war pointless as well. Seeing as there would be nothing exclusive for winning. Getting the region doesn't affect the story line, in any bit

And with no exclusive prize for the winner it makes putting in more effort after you reach the top tier meaningless.
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= September 25th, 2014 - Waves of Wrath Finale
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition