Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Naval Yard War Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Naval Yard War Thread
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/9/2014 1:15:48   
Mother1

Exile war rally is on!
Epic  Post #: 51
10/9/2014 1:20:40   
suboto

Let the favorite alignment go undefeated again...
Epic  Post #: 52
10/9/2014 1:32:50   
Mother1

It can still go either way. Drops are trolling me big time.
Epic  Post #: 53
10/9/2014 1:55:47   
avincentaa

LEGION VICTORY!!!
AQW Epic  Post #: 54
10/9/2014 1:56:06   
Mother1

The war is over legion congrats the exile streak is broken.
Epic  Post #: 55
10/9/2014 1:57:01   
avincentaa

Good timing on my alignment change :)))
AQW Epic  Post #: 56
10/9/2014 7:52:37   
Variation

Yarrr, well done my fellow Legion pirates!
Post #: 57
10/9/2014 7:55:36   
Silver Sky Magician

I'm not sure what Legion's margin of victory was, but I'm certain the war was close, and I'll like to congratulate both Legion and Exile for a well-fought war. Exile impressively brought the fight down to the last second even though Legion had an advantage in firepower, while Legion showed commendable coordination by unanimously converging upon the finisher objective after the health objective went down (though it would be better if we did so before that, ahem). The lack of flaming following the war's end is also surprising and gratifying, though it's offset by the ill-conceived accusations of dev interventions and cynical wailing while the war was still on.

It's nice to think that the forum posts got through and that Legion (belatedly) followed our lead, but I think what's more likely is that Legionnaires attacked the finisher objective simply because it was considerably closer to the health objective than the standard objective was. Here's to the fortuitous placement of war objectives next time

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 10/9/2014 7:56:03 >
Post #: 58
10/9/2014 8:40:46   
Ranloth
Banned

I'm happy that my time yesterday didn't go to waste, since it was right after work and I was pretty tired - needed 900 Influence for the 5K tier. Waking up to the Legion winning is definitely nice, because the Armor looks pretty damn cool, and Tokens + Credits are always welcome - moar House items from Arcade. :3
AQ Epic  Post #: 59
10/9/2014 8:48:40   
Mother1

@ SSM

I was on at the time when the war was coming to it's end and when the war rally for exile came out I heard screaming and anger from all the legion players. While I am glad Legion on, had it been the other way around something tells me it wouldn't have been nearly as quiet as it is now.

@ Trans

Yeah this war went a little slower due to people having school and the morning being more quiet than the summer so I am not surprised. Though my only issue was the rate bombs were dropping. In the infernal 2.0 war they had a higher drop rate than in this war. I really felt like I was getting trolled due to sometimes having to wait 20+ battles to get one.
Epic  Post #: 60
10/9/2014 8:57:22   
Ranloth
Banned

Tell me about it. I had some issue with 1v1, and kept losing. When I won, no bombs - got to the point where War Commander was needed for that 900 Influence, which (luckily) was enough, thanks to two Super Bombs.

I'm still happy about the war. It's a CLOSE one, that's for sure, and Rally system is still wonky - or at least it looks like that because the war counter is NOT updated in real-time, whilst it activates when one side is at a disadvantage, which may be before the counter updates in-game (not Devs rigging, seriously). Exiles have also jumped to Legion, since it was made free (to the less populated alignment), which has further affected the results and how close they were, and different objectives dealing different damages at different HP. People dismiss these facts when making their statements regarding the whole "rigging", and assume fixed Influence gained from the objectives at all times, not mentioning Rallies boosting these values, and players who aren't in the Top 20 still counting, to some people's surprise.

If people made comparisons of Overlord + Naval Yard, to the likes of Dread Plains - where it was one sided - then it's a poor comparison: [1] War Rallies adjusted since then, [2] players switching to Legion, [3] shorter/longer war duration, and [4] time period during which the war was out (holidays/school term). For these reasons, we won't be taking "Wars are rigged!!!" arguments seriously, because they aren't rigged. If you dismiss facts, in favour of your own alignment losing - but don't complain when it wins - then you're being biased, unjust, and unreasonable. I'm speaking on the behalf of Staff and as a player.
AQ Epic  Post #: 61
10/9/2014 9:19:50   
comicalbike

war was harder but fairer but I would like to see buying super bombs fixed at max of ten per player per day that way normal players have a chance as well.
example normal player going for war cheevo get to the top and those with money passes them with buying super bombs without trying that if not fair on the normal player.
that is my opinion only.
Epic  Post #: 62
10/9/2014 9:32:10   
Mother1

@ Comicalbike

You just brought up something I have been saying ever since they came up with the frostland 2.0 war system. It has a massive flare of pay to win and spits on hard work since battles mean nothing in this event if you don't get a drop.

When a war event literally makes the core aspect of the game unneeded you know something is wrong big time.
Epic  Post #: 63
10/9/2014 10:15:20   
Gepard Acht

^To be fair, most varium advantages are gone now that everyone can buy most items and fuly enhance them. They need to have people buy variums some way
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
10/9/2014 11:35:10   
One Winged Angel1357

10 super bombs every day of the war would still be a fair advantage. I wasn't paying that much attention but I didn't see war rallies appearing at a consistent time of day so if you are stocking up on ten super bombs every day it would be a few days before you saw a war rally.

That damage output that you would have during that war rally just for being a varium user would be far greater than that of a normal player even if they were hoarding ten super bombs
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 65
10/9/2014 14:58:09   
Bionic Bear
Helpful!

Oh this feels so dang good. I can't believe that legion actually won.
It was a very tight war, though, so congratulations to all! Enjoy whatever influence prizes you got!

Post #: 66
10/14/2014 10:14:31   
ambien

in watching the the end of the last war, it was so close that you could not see how much was left on the meter board. exile was ahead with 5 minz by game time vs numbs on the meter board. then something happen ( did the epic gods wave their hand an legion won by a huge bomb drop or what ). just by the meter board legion should of not won by bombs dropping from the exile side.

l was just wondering about this , yes l am legion an yes l am happy we won 1 but the way it happen the epic gods took favor on us.

does any one else ever asked this question to them selvs l did .

my thoughts on this win

always the syfy

Merged with the Naval War Thread since this post is about the war. ~WhiteTiger

< Message edited by WhiteTiger -- 10/14/2014 21:23:43 >
Post #: 67
10/14/2014 13:38:45   
ban is useless
Banned

every 2 mins the damage is updated, but have others "strange" facts about the recents wars.
Post #: 68
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Naval Yard War Thread
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition