Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Delta Vs Omega (pros and cons)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Delta Vs Omega (pros and cons)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/4/2014 15:12:55   
AQWorldsFarmer

Clearly, these are both low points in epicduel history.

BUT if you had to choose one or the other, which would you pick?

Please list your pros and cons of both.

OMEGA

Pros

-Better balance between payed and free players.
-Mission Organization
-Cores
-Upgrading items

Cons
-Complete control of item stats. (leads to less creative ways to play with stats)
-No enhancements
-No stat requirements for items. (Again, leads to less creative builds)
-Inflation
-No passives.

DELTA

Pros
-Fixed stats (lead to creative builds)
-A working juggernaut mode. (kept some varium players out of 1v1 with free players)
-Enhancements
-larger player base
- passives

Cons
-No balance between paid and free players.
-High credit cost for enhancements
-Agility

I prefer delta over omega because of the items and their stats.
The reason i prefer fixed stats is that it forces you to include elements of stats you wouldn't normally use with your build.
Example:
Delta: +7 Strength
+15 Dexterity
+2 technology
+ 17 Support
A dex/support build isn't something many people think of these days, but these stats would encourage you to incorporate the 2.

Omega: Pick any stat you want.
This leads to 'desired' builds which ended up making all build almost completely the same....lessening "diversity".

Also, STAT REQUIREMENTS:
Stat requirements forced you to USUALLY invest stats in categories that oppose your weapon's stats, such as a weapon that gives +28 tech requires 37 strength.
This can lead away from abusing stats to the extremes, and provide more conceptive thinking.

Please note that purely "listing" is prohibited. You must also provide discussional value to the thread, according to the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules or the thread will have to be locked or deleted.
Melissa4Bella
AE Forum Moderator

< Message edited by AQWorldsFarmer -- 10/4/2014 19:03:08 >
Post #: 1
10/4/2014 15:52:56   
FameFortune

you forgot about passives
Post #: 2
10/4/2014 16:50:35   
AQWorldsFarmer

^ I completely forgot about them. I'll add them in.
Post #: 3
10/4/2014 17:08:51   
Melissa4Bella
AmeSylph

I have edited the first post. Please make sure that you have something to say other than lists. Thanks!
AQ DF  Post #: 4
10/6/2014 12:32:21   
DeathGuard

Pros of Omega:
  • Tutorial System
  • Mail system
  • New Achievement system
  • Bank System
  • Improved Mission System
  • Guest Artists & Writers
  • House item filters
  • Balance Tool
  • Improved Database( Which was the objective when making Omega)
  • Better event releases(this being possible thanks to the complete overhaul the database got when Omega Phase was released)
  • Prize Codes

quote:

I prefer delta over omega because of the items and their stats.
    The reason i prefer fixed stats is that it forces you to include elements of stats you wouldn't normally use with your build.
    Example:
    Delta: +7 Strength
    +15 Dexterity
    +2 technology
    + 17 Support
    A dex/support build isn't something many people think of these days, but these stats would encourage you to incorporate the 2.

Omega: Pick any stat you want.
    This leads to 'desired' builds which ended up making all build almost completely the same....lessening "diversity".

Also, STAT REQUIREMENTS:
    Stat requirements forced you to USUALLY invest stats in categories that oppose your weapon's stats, such as a weapon that gives +28 tech requires 37 strength.
    This can lead away from abusing stats to the extremes, and provide more conceptive thinking.
    Forcing requirements isn't the best way to fix balance, and in contrast to what you said, it doesn't lessens "diversity", rather it limits the diversity of builds because it forces you unnecesary stats into one that isn't helpful to your build. It ends up becoming a downside in your build. Lower lvls got affected by this the most, not being able to keep up as much as higher lvls that met the requirements with ease.

Omega in contrast, made it so you could arrange your stats as you wanted to permit diversity in the stats you wanted.
    Though, you can't blame Omega for players' decision on using a spam build. I admit balance isn't that good currently but just because balance isn't good, doesn't means you're forced to use strength or spamming builds. Some players always complain about balance and still, they worsen the condition by using the same builds they complain about.
    They are several builds for each class than you can enjoy. Many say that 5 focus is one of the few viable builds but I don't think that's correct since they are many builds that are viable.
    e.g. I'm using a 4 focus build and surprisingly it is just as strong as a 5 focus build if you invest in tech and hp.

Players think that they should win every battle but that can't happen. That's why they see spamming builds as a solution.

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 10/6/2014 17:23:27 >
  • AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
    10/6/2014 14:08:22   
    Mother1

@ Deathguard

In delta they had prize codes as well. The infamous bounty pistol is one of the items I remember getting from delta viva prize code.

Also here is the reality about Diversity and PVP Battle. If you can't win while being diverse the masses will go and abuse those same overused builds because they give results. In other words most people would rather use the same overused build and win rather than trying to be creative and lose.

Epic  Post #: 6
    10/6/2014 17:32:16   
    DeathGuard

@Mother1: Yeah, they were in but there have been a lot more codes with Omega due to a bigger team(Guest Teams) and more content has been able to be released.

About Diversity, that's a sad truth. People actually care more about winning and having a "nice ratio" than having fun. Lets point out that Winning =/= Fun.
    I still enjoy fighting good builds. I get bored of losing/winning to the same spamming builds over and over and wonder how they can enjoy such builds for hundreds or thousands of fights. Now the decision relies in the players. Either they stop using spamming builds until such things are fixed or they can't continue to worsen their own gameplay by using the builds and complaining about them.
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
    10/7/2014 0:48:42   
    My Name is Jake
    Banned

Pro of Delta:
  • Pay to win

I choose Delta over Omega because I could win.

< Message edited by My Name is Jake -- 10/7/2014 0:51:39 >
  • AQW Epic  Post #: 8
    10/7/2014 21:14:43   
    mr.p

heres the problem with delta. ill agree that the builds where different, but the fact of the matter was if you where a veruim player you won. is not so much on what type of build you had. and forcing stats on weps causes you to have to buy new weps for just about every new build you want to make, and i think the reason people didnt spam the same build is that every one didnt have anof money to buy the exact same weps. and i think that people spamming the same build cause fairness/ evenness. meaning if you have the exact same skill, and the exact same stats you have the exact same chance of winning. its just a matter of strategy and execution. in conclusion i like omega better and i think its more fair and also more fun.
    Post #: 9
    11/2/2014 10:57:05   
    Arikonian

As a Gamma tester, I like Gamma :3

-Arikonian, Dominus of Death
    DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
    11/2/2014 11:08:04   
      Battle Elf
    has ten 1v1 wins

Please don't post in dead threads.

Locked.

Thanks,
    Battle Elf
    ED GD Archknight
    AQW Epic  Post #: 11
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Delta Vs Omega (pros and cons)
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition