Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

show the top 1000 instead 20 players and factions on war lb.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> show the top 1000 instead 20 players and factions on war lb.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/4/2014 22:00:29   
dfo99

add pages instead scrolling down can made it possible maybe.
Post #: 1
10/4/2014 23:53:29   
AQWorldsFarmer

1000 in probably more than the data base, cause thats 3,000 total (1v1, 2v2, jugg)
There are probably about 1,200 players that play a day and most of them stick to 1 battle mode.
Post #: 2
10/5/2014 1:04:47   
VanitySixx

Kind of supported, kind of not supported, and here's why.

I do believe more people should be shown. However, not the top 1,000.

I think they should show the top 50 of all categories on EpicDuel's main site instead of in-game. It should be a little button-link you press on the left side that says "All-Time Leaderboards".

EDIT: This could display the top 50 of all-time in 1v1, 2v2, and 2v1 categories, and should update every time EpicDuel has an update instead of every day.

I DO NOT know how coding and data base space works, so this still may be a problem. It's really a neat idea, but there's a lot going on behind the scenes that us players can't understand. If it's impossible to do at the moment, then I guess it'll be impossible.

< Message edited by VanitySixx -- 10/5/2014 1:05:59 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
10/5/2014 1:47:45   
DeathGuard

quote:

I DO NOT know how coding and data base space works, so this still may be a problem. It's really a neat idea, but there's a lot going on behind the scenes that us players can't understand. If it's impossible to do at the moment, then I guess it'll be impossible.
You're completely right. While it isn't impossible, it will create a lot of lag. Some people think that it isn't an excuse not to implement this but it is a deficit on the efficiency of how leaderboards should work.
e.g. Having to refresh plus +1k scores every 1-3 minutes will create a strain on the servers, even worse if the past suggestions of making this for all the leaderboards was in, you would take a lot of time just to load the main login page on EpicDuel because you load all the files in the servers while loading the login screen.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
10/5/2014 13:32:14   
dfo99

i dont believe that it will request 1GB or more of database hd, a excel file usually have 50KB
Post #: 5
10/5/2014 13:36:52   
Ndi

Supported, if it's 'Top 50' rather than 1000...
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
10/5/2014 14:21:03   
dfo99

why 50 instead 1000? there is no problem with 1000 if you not want see they all.
Post #: 7
10/5/2014 14:26:46   
Ranloth
Banned

Whether you "see it" or not, this doesn't change the fact lag would spike up drastically - server lag, that is. That's exactly why the current LBs are limited to Top 20 only and don't refresh in real-time, just like the war counter. I think we'll pass on including a Leaderboard for Top 1,000 which would give everyone server lag and make the game unplayable, which would kinda defeat the need for a Leaderboard too.
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
10/5/2014 14:44:25   
dfo99

then could be creat a lb out of the game, direct in the website below the design notes and button or something like.

here is a example: http://prntscr.com/4tcn85
Post #: 9
10/7/2014 11:06:35   
Variation

^They used to have something like that in Beta on the website. I'm not really sure why and when they removed it, but I'm sure they had their reasons.
Post #: 10
10/16/2014 14:58:22   
The berserker killer

I don't support top 1000, maybe top 150
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> show the top 1000 instead 20 players and factions on war lb.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition