Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Anniversary event and its outcome

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Anniversary event and its outcome
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/12/2014 19:54:21   
Wootz

Because this event is tied with other AE games, there were new players joining our community both in-game and a bit on the AEF.
What I'm wondering about is: did the players who joined the game because of the event actually stayed and gave EpicDuel a chance or was it a one event thing?

What do you people think?
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
10/12/2014 21:30:59   
Inkwolf

Not everybody will, of course but some will.

I'm finished with the quest, and I played ED all afternoon. There were others on the AQW forum who said that it was fun. Maybe they will come back, too.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
10/26/2014 7:50:47   
MrBones

I think this event pointed out one of ED's biggest flaw. The learning curve.
I don't play much anymore. I only log in to play the new mission content. After I was done, I walked around. I saw am unusually lot of very low level.

What happened is that all these low levels were mainly folks from AQW. People who created an account and a character at some point in time and left it there. Then after, say one or two year, they come back just for that event.
Since they are not a totally new player, they were not directed to the tutorial. They were just walking around aimlessly. I helped a few. But even by I walking them through every single thing, it was still tedious for them.

This game is very hard to learn compare to most browser mmorpg. The tutorial is ok but there is still a long way to go once you complete it to fully enjoy the game and all it's subtleties.

In my opinion, if there was a 'lounge' or something like that, new players could pop in and find help in game immediately. OZ 7 was like that back in the days, but since it was unofficial, new players had to find it most of the time by accident.

DBag

Epic  Post #: 3
11/1/2014 19:10:17   
Nick Pyro

I just into the game in fact I'm into all of the games more than ever. I originally started years ago with the EbilCorp attack. But, it looks like I used another email that was not mine to play.

This event brought Nick Pyro back to all the games, united by the blade of the Omni Knight. My battle record is shaky, but I'm having fun.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
11/2/2014 15:08:20   
Hour of judgement
Banned

Ed's biggest flaw Isn't the learning curve its the balance- Any initial player will find this game amazing - Its only once you start getting past level 30 the game gets bad. And I bet that's where most leave.
Post #: 5
11/2/2014 19:19:56   
Gepard Acht

The problem most of the time for level 30+ is that sometimes they lack. equipments, selling sidearms and auxilary for changing class.
Sometimes they also only have 1 damage type, which makes them easily countered

I feel that every class has a chance of winning in the 30+ levels at least before meeting level 40's
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
11/3/2014 12:20:16   
Arikonian

I got the omniknight, but now I'm just wondering what to do with the mug, I can't sell it, can use it, can't hand it in I'm just confused over what to do with it :3

-Arikonian, Dominus of Death
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
11/3/2014 12:35:11   
Inkwolf

I's just there to verify that you finished the ED part of the quest. All it does is sit in your inventory and look pretty. Once you have finished all the quests in all the games, have verified them in your Artix account, and have received your OmniKnight blade, it has no further use.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
11/4/2014 14:52:51   
The Jop

I stayed, and went from a level 10 Tech Mage to level 28 Blood Mage. I like it, there's a lot more strategy than most of AE's games. There's not a whole lot to do besides PvP, but PvP is pretty fun to be fair.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
11/4/2014 17:08:13   
Thylek Shran

quote:

What happened is that all these low levels were mainly folks from AQW. People who created an account and a character at some point in time and left it there. Then after, say one or two year, they come back just for that event.

So this is the reason why I had to kick so many inactive low levels in my faction.

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 10
11/4/2014 17:36:15   
Exodasbr

My own opinion is that low level players don't really feel part of the community.

E.g. Unlike other games a new character will never have rating points like an old player or reach other goals they may have (whereas in other games e.g. Runescape even a new player can overtime beat even very old players) or they feel they have missed out on e.g. on very cool promos and equipment.

I believe there is also a certain amount of elitism; I created a new acc once and the first thing I was told was how much of an omega noob I was.

< Message edited by Exodasbr -- 11/4/2014 17:37:47 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
11/4/2014 20:04:44   
poopbum

Me and my brother just joined ED because of Omni Knight. We enjoyed our time here and will continue to do so in the future. We used to play back than during beta but quit after a while. By the time we returned a lot has changed but the game is still enjoyable.

I got back to my old tech mage, got him from level 15 to 19 and plan to make him even better next time.(can't do that right now, got real life stuff to deal with but will be back fully once the holidays kick in)
ED is actually pretty fun and most of the time the people ain't so bad. Some are in fact very friendly.(we made some buddies who we would chat with from time to time)

Though there still exist a few misbehaving black sheeps out to ruin everyone's fun with their toxic behavior. Acting tough and all. Sometime it can get annoying to have a losing streak when you keep on encountering higher level people.(my brother got mad a few times)

And Titan's Mug is unfortunately nothing more than a permanent -1 to inventory space. It has no function so there is no way to show it to players in game. Only way to show it is through the character page or posting a screenshot here.
Once you got Omni Knight Blade(or aren't interested), Titan's Mug doesn't do anything other than just to say that "oh I did this event thingy".
AQ  Post #: 12
11/4/2014 21:26:54   
Mother1

@ poopbum

The titan mug isn't the first item in game that you could collect that didn't serve after the event is used for is done. There is still the omega ticket many of us who pre ordered got some time back. Also a while ago before a recent change the old Fortune city card was like this as well.
Epic  Post #: 13
11/5/2014 5:36:47   
WickedSick

I just joined epicduel recently because of the omniknight blade quest. I don't think I'll stay, because I find that it is really hard to understand how to play the game. The tutorial was inadequate in explaining the mechanics of the game, nor was there a guide in-game or on the forums to explain how stuff works,where to go, basic tips,where to start,how to play etc. Wiki doesn't count,as there is a fine line between listing information, and giving proper directions to newcomers on how to begin the game.

I find AE's approach to getting players to start playing other games ridiculous. Why throw these newcomers into the deep end? Why not offer something that doesn't take much time,is easy to do, and interests new players just enough for them to start committing to the game?

Social marketing is a gradual process.It isn't a sprint. You don't force a heavy smoker to quit smoking on day 1, instead you slowly reduce his intake until he finally quits smoking. These are just some basic social marketing principles. It is unfortunate I do not see it in play here.

< Message edited by WickedSick -- 11/5/2014 5:40:56 >
AQ  Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Anniversary event and its outcome
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition