Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

New faction system

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> New faction system
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/17/2014 7:06:36   
Cyber Dream

I don't know if low levels are still being abused to get on lb but here is a suggestion. What if we made it so that you couldn't compete on lb until you were a certain level, or what if they were 2 types of faction, non-competitive and competitive.

• You can't join a competitive faction untill a certain level.

• Once you reach that certain level, a screen (document) will come up asking you to type your name to validate that you understand you are now able to join a competitive faction. (Similar to the draft)?

Some of you may think this is pointless, but it is the little things that makes a game great. Something like this will give players a new mindset when playing ED. How? Well, just think about it. Factions are the heart of ED, am I wrong? Making players work to compete with other players seems like the perfect idea. Look at it like this, I am just using this as an example. Ok, lets say you are one of the not so cool kids at school and to be one of the cool kids, you have to have a certain type of clothing. Once you get it, then you can hang with them. In ED'S case, you have to be a certain level to compete/join/make a competitive faction.

And one more note, most faction these days are just social faction, so why not make an non-competitive faction.
  • AQW Epic  Post #: 1
    10/17/2014 10:00:31   
    Variation

A low level player shouldn't have any restrictions on the factions they can join. Factions are a vital part of this game why shouldn't a low level player be able to join a competitive faction? What if that low level player is a competitive player who feels that he only belongs in a competitive faction? This idea is almost as bad as completely stopping low level players from joining all factions (which has been suggested before). EpicDuel's definition of a faction is "A faction is a team of players fighting for the same cause." So even if a faction was competitive who's to say that a low level player won't be fighting for that faction's cause? The developers would be going against their own definition of what they wanted factions to be if they implemented any of those faction ideas that exclude low level players from factions(your idea is only competitive factions, but that still excludes them from some factions). So therefore I can't support this idea. I can't support any idea that has any type of restrictions on low level players joining factions. For this idea it's just competitive factions, but still a competitive faction is just a faction like every other one in EpicDuel.
    Post #: 2
    10/17/2014 23:39:57   
    Cyber Dream

Don't look at it that way. Im not saying the player can't join a competitive faction, they just can't do it right away. Look at it like this, A rookie in any sport isn't just going to come in and take a starters spot. The coach would want to make sure the rookie learns everything before he gives the rookie playing time. If a low level player really wants to compete, then they would work for a chance to join a competetive faction.

quote:

What if that low level player is a competitive player who feels that he only belongs in a competitive faction?

Then they could work their way up, join a competitive faction, and stay there.

quote:

The developers would be going against their own definition of what they wanted factions to be if they implemented any of those faction ideas that exclude low level players from factions(your idea is only competitive factions, but that still excludes them from some factions). So therefore I can't support this idea. I can't support any idea that has any type of restrictions on low level players joining factions.

My idea is to stop people from making low levels just to get on the lb. Do you think that all these low levels are new players? Are do you think that they are alts? One reason why I quit ED is because competing on the LB is like fighting in jugg mode -_-
    AQW Epic  Post #: 3
    10/17/2014 23:48:45   
    Gepard Acht

quote:

Don't look at it that way. Im not saying the player can't join a competitive faction, they just can't do it right away. Look at it like this, A rookie in any sport isn't just going to come in and take a starters spot. The coach would want to make sure the rookie learns everything before he gives the rookie playing time. If a low level player really wants to compete, then they would work for a chance to join a competetive faction.

If thats how you see things, might as well make 2 daily LB, One for >level 30 and for <30

Also it's not impossible to get daily LB for higher levels, I once took it when I was level 32 against Varium users who had more levels, double or triple my own stats, etc.

< Message edited by Gepard Acht -- 10/17/2014 23:51:41 >
    AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
    10/18/2014 12:39:45   
    Variation

@Cyber Dream: I know not all of them are new players, however all of them certainly aren't alts. A low level account regardless of whether they're an alt or not shouldn't have any restrictions on joining competitive factions. Factions like I've said are a vital part of this game and no one should receive different treatment based on their level. Recall EpicDuel's definition of a faction, "A faction is a team of players fighting for the same cause," it would be extremely fallacious if the developers implement any of these crazy ideas that put penalties on low level players. The whole notion that low level players should receive different treatment when it comes to factions and leaderboards is completely wrong. I've seen high level players beat low level players on the leaderboards many times so it isn't impossible.
    Post #: 5
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> New faction system
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition