Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Can each class just excel at one thing?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Can each class just excel at one thing?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/26/2014 11:00:22   
ValkyrieKnight

I've been thinking, can each class of ED just excel at one thing?

What creates a imbalance within the game? Is it the class or the additional skills E.G bot buffs or weapon buffs? Would there still be an imbalance if the developers focused each class to excelling at one type of gameplay with possible variants but primarily is hinted towards a certain type of play? Would encouraging such types of play limit any given class and force players into one style of gameplay?

What if Blood Mages excelled at offense and health/energy regain but suffered from poor energy control via draining his/her opponents?
What if Tech Mages excelled at spell play having vast amount of energy control for attacks but had poor defensive capabilities and lowered strength?
What if Tact Merc excelled at defensive play using their buffs to their advantage and slowly crippling their opponents via poison or stunning instead of outright smash them?
What if Mercs were a mix of Blood Mage and Tact Mercs excelling at offensive and self buffing but had lower defenses than Tact merc but more offense than Blood Mage?
What if Cyber focused on debuffing accuracy, spell usage, disabling bots (as opposed to Tact Mercs) buffing and energy control?
What if Bounty Hunter were kamikaze fighters using buffs that lowered their own defenses and energy control for pure unstoppable damage?

While this may appear to set off balance with each class being more hinted at certain gameplays there would be less chances of a one class fits all type scenarios and we get issues such as Blood Mages that are good at about everything and Tact Mercs that are worse at about everything. When you make it so that any class can perform any role than the inevitable happens when one class gets the perfect jack of all trade skills and become great at everything with very limited room for countering and another gets the short stick and becomes abysmal at everything.

A system where you can run into your counter class at any given time where encourage players to be whichever class that suits their mood without fear of being stomped everytime they jump online by the current uber class.

AQW Epic  Post #: 1
10/26/2014 11:39:53   
DarkDevil

Because you need to kill your opponent i imagine that bloodmage and merc will be overpowered since they excells in the aspects of winning.

Also the way the game currently works that mages excell in both defence and skill casting, so i sepose this would mea n a new system for stats which skills don't gain benefits from defence stats.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 10/26/2014 17:45:57 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
10/26/2014 13:51:19   
Justingbieberfangirl

I agree with this and believe it or not it has been suggested LOADS of times.
Problem is that it would take time to balance but hopefully with the new balance tool it wont take as much.
@DarkDevil
they can just lower down the percentages and this is why I say it would take a ton of time to balance.

Also just throwing ideas. Class specific weapons could be different. E.g. staffs would have X% increased energy but X% lowered defences. And also this may include class specific armors having lets say X% increased skills which don't teal damage but also by X% decreased defence to skills which do damage.

So over all I feel as the classes are way too similar and that there are too many classes out there because a lot of them share skills. And if they were to add/remake classes then they should be very different from the classes we have now with abilities that could maybe be have 3-4 effects upon casting.

But this would take time and would be a gamble as some players may not like that and there will be people who are never stasfied with the state ed is in. Also this would take a lot of time as mentioned before so it is very unrealistic.
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Can each class just excel at one thing?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition