Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Legend ranks

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Legend ranks
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/14/2014 19:26:09   
Mother1

@ ffeeeee

That is because a little while after the ranks were introduced the staff cut the player range of level 40's so they could only face level's 38 39 and 40's.

Because of this level 38's and 39's have increased chances of facing these players due to level's 35-37 getting a break.
Epic  Post #: 26
11/20/2014 18:07:07   
SS

As I see it these "legendary" ranks are just a means of unbalancing the game. At a first glance, I would estimate the benefits of 10 ranks to be at least equal to the benefits of one level. This would mean that what is now level 40 with legendary ranks is actually equals to a range of levels from 40 to 46. Already too much of a difference for the same battle pool, but if you also add lvl 38-39 (or 36-39 in 2 vs 2, making this a possible 10 levels difference between players)...
Post #: 27
11/20/2014 18:20:00   
Mother1

@ SS

I was actually able to beat Comical biker today who has over 100 ranks (60 for power) with me only having 6.

While they do unbalance the game somewhat it isn't impossible to beat high ranked players if you can out wit them or have a build that counters theirs.

Epic  Post #: 28
11/20/2014 18:38:18   
SS

Well, if we're talking about "possible" and "impossible", then one could say that it's not impossible for a level 30 to beat a level 40, if he outwits him or whaever. But is this really the point? Some make it sound like it's the answer to all the questions, but it's actually an answer to nothing. The ranks unbalance the game, that is a fact, and it applies generally. Particular cases can be interesting, but are not representative, if we are talking about the game, and not one particular player.
Post #: 29
11/21/2014 1:27:16   
Noobatron x3000

4 ranks - 1 lvl would be accurate factor in diminishing returns in some cases the advantage gets steeper.
Post #: 30
11/21/2014 7:19:26   
suboto

quote:

4 ranks - 1 lvl would be accurate factor in diminishing returns in some cases the advantage gets steeper.

A level consist of 4stats hp energy weapon dmg armor and skill progression(includes increases in previous numbers examplefield medic is higher at lvl1 38 then lvl1 37

-stats 4 dex would increase skill power block rate and defense
^
that would require 4 def ranks just too get the defense which is 10

cons:

-no block rate bonus
-no skill improvement

skill point when u lvl u get one

-no skill point from ranks

hp and energy when you lvl

-no hp for ranks
-no energy for ranks

level up free stats and skill point (excluding the weapons/armor cost)

-legend ranks cost 15k per rank which is 3def or res or 4 dmg

so in fact 4 ranks do not equal 1 level

if it were to be compared too a level

4 stats (plus the given bonus of them) would be 5
5 hp would be 2
5energy would be 2
skill point would be 1
weapon dmg improveing is usually 20dmg per level up would be 5
sometimes theres armor improvements which is 10 would be 4

so compareing ranks too levels would be

15 to 19ranks is one level

honestly at max the ranks factor just 4 levels which is considerably fair
38 vs 44 its slightly off but given the population of ranks almost all legends are not rank 60
so its really
38 vs 43 that being rank 45+
and
39 vs 43 that being rank 45+

which hardly anyone is rank 45+ yet
^
so its more of a
38 vs 42
39 vs 42
cause on average legends are rank 30 and below

the battle scaler is 5 levels above or 5 level below

< Message edited by suboto -- 11/21/2014 7:33:40 >
Epic  Post #: 31
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Legend ranks
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition